Shanda R.
Brooklyn, NY
I'll be 43 in a week and just started wearing makeup in the last couple years. Mainly because I was jaded from growing up with little to no options for my deep dark skin tone. When youtube blew up with makeup gurus my complexion I decided to take a chance. They were ALL misses, except for Revlon Colorstay in Mahogany which in hindsight was a shade too dark for me. I even tried Mac, which was way too orange! After a lot of trial and error, I found out that I have a neutral undertone, and that is why most foundations never looked "right" on me. They were either too warm (Mac) or too cool (Revlon).

I had pretty much given up finding foundation right before summer started, mainly because I have oily skin that pretty much melted anything applied to my face. That's until I stumbled on a young lady who had the exact neutral skintone and dark complexion as me. She started a series simply called, "The Foundation Hunt", where she would try any and all foundations. In the 3rd video she took a break from high end offerings and tried this Covergirl Ready, Set GORGEOUS! foundation, she applied, I noticed it was the first time a foundation literally disappeared into your skin. Like, she applied then you couldn't find where the foundation started or ended unless you rewound the video! I was amazed, and needless to say so was she.

I immediately checked my local drugstore and of course they didn't carry deeper shades of most brands, even tho this was a predominantly black Brooklyn neighborhood. So I had to order online.