BY COVERGIRL

This smudge-proof mascara formula resists swipes and smears. What's remarkable about it? It darkens and defines lashes all day, then washes away, remarkably, with soap and water.

Buy on Amazon*
  • "I've used this mascara since I was in high school. It will forever be my favorite drugstore mascara. Great formula, thickens and curls just enough. I get many more compliments on my lashes when I use this than when I use any high-end mascara. " in 28 reviews
  • "This is probably one of my most favorite mascaras. I purchased it in waterproof because I hate trying to get off mascara and eye makeup remover usually dries my eyelids out. This comes off so easily in the shower just by washing my face. It goes on so smoothly and the brush never seems to get clumpy or anything. I haven't had it for long but I'm hoping it stays like this. Definitely might be my go-to from now on! And it's a great price. :" in 14 reviews
  • "This is one of my favorite mascaras. I love both the waterproof and the regular because they are affordable and long lasting. Such a great value for something you can pick up and the grocery store. You need to try it!" in 10 reviews
Debra A.
Review for: Very Black more...
My favorite mascara because of the staying power and washability. I hate using eye makeup remover, and with this product you only need a little face wash and water. It isn’t waterproof (obviously) but can withstand a few tears without streaming down your face. It builds decent length and volume with a beautiful very black tint that makes your eyes pop.
Mollie D.
Salina, OK
Review for: Very Black more...
This is one of my top fave Covergirl mascaras! Great brush and formula. Really black, the brush allows for volume, easier lash separation and definition. Affordable. I recommend and will definitely repurchase.
Healthy N.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Very Black more...
I love this mascara! It’s easy to use. It’s long lasting. Nice packaging. It’s totally worth its price. It doesn’t fall off after long wear. I’d definitely buy again and will recommend it to my friends
Lenise M.
La Quinta
Review for: Very Black more...
This is by far the best cheapest mascara there is out there. If your a broke girl like I am gf the time....you'll appreciate the quality of this mascara! The color is vibrant, it doesn't clump, and it stays on. The best part is it stays on all day, but washes off without ripping your lashes off at the end of the day. I'd recommend this.
ashlee s.
Review for: Very Black more...
this is a super affordable and good mascara. I personally love it a couple things that I don't like about it is that the wand on it is a little awkward and looks like a spooly which isn't ideal for me, also sometimes it can get a little clumpy and would have to brush out my lashes. Other then that the product is super good.
Kimmi G.
Brunswick , GA
This is my favorite go-to mascara! It goes on smoothly and makes my lashes look fantastic. I like the brush/wand applicator. It’s just right for even coverage and reaches even the lashes at the corners of your eyes. I use another mascara only when I need something waterproof.
Tasneem A.
Review for: Black Brown more...
Its an ok mascara. The only reason i use this is because its a tubing mascara. I am lazy and i was looking for a washable mascara. But i don’t think I will repurchase this again.
Cassie M.
This is my go to mascara. Covergirl is affordable and always available at my regular shopping locations when I need to pick up a new mascara in a pinch. No one likes a clumpy mascara and Covergirl makes it affordable and convenient to easily replace mine.
Grace T.
Review for: Very Black more...
This applies so nicely and thinly so it's perfect for everyday. It doesn't initially hold my fuel so I have to curl my lashes after applying mascara which is a bit annoying. It doesn't smudge at all though and it insanely easy to take off at night with just water!
Nicole M.
wausau, WI
Review for: Black Brown more...
A few years back, I discovered that another drug store tubing mascara was literally the only mascara that didn't leave me with raccoon eyes in just a few hours. Yep, I'm not talking about at the end of the day or after crying. I have eyes that are damned oily, and smudging is just a fact of life.

This mascara became my go-to for some time, but I forgot it when I was out of town. A quick Google search showed me that Covergirl also made a tubing mascara, and I figured I'd try something new. But my experiences are nothing alike.

First, this mascara is nothing close to waterproof. Crying? Heavy rain? Humid days? You're not going to like the results.

Secondly, it doesn't really work like the other mascara I had, which was obviously different from typical mascaras. It washed off in clumps. This one washes off like normal.

And like a normal mascara? I still get raccoon eyes. Okay, so they're not as bad, but it's definitely not an all-day mascara, even if I use a lash primer.

It's a shame because it does a nice job coating my lashes and making them look super fluffy. I just feel so self-conscious wearing it because it smudges. That's not what I want from a tubing mascara.

I guess I need to try something pricier next time.