COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder

This silky-fine loose powder makeup gives you a smooth and beautiful look and works to help keep foundation looking just right. For a beautiful finish, and a soft, translucent look, this is one powder that's a real pro.

What is a really good foundation for oily skin?
Is this translucent?
Does this go best with dry skin?
Start your review of COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder!
Product Highlights
“I use this everyday - the array of shades they offer will fit anyone's skin tone - i use it either by itself or over a concealer” in reviews
“Sometimes I can't wear it in the winter because my dry skin gets flaky looking with the powder but besides that it works great! ” in reviews
“...foundation under it doesn't moisturize your skin, But other then that a great product !” in reviews
“Im really light complected and even buying the lightest shade, overtop of my liquid foundation it made me look orange.” in reviews
“Love thsi product doesn't make your face look powdered on with make up gives you a natrual look and makes it seem lie you dont have any on.” in reviews
Forest Grove, OR
COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder uploaded by Elizabeth M.
Purchased at: Amazon
I bought this product hoping it’d be easier to apply than pressed powder, but I found out that even though it’s smoother, lighter and smells good, it’s a bit messy and harder to apply. I love how this product smells, and I love how light it feels on the face, but again it’s hard to apply evenly and it didn’t give me the finishing touch i was hoping for. Also, because it’s so light it would constantly spill or fly all over the place which only felt like money flying away.
Cypress, CA
Review for: 105 - Translucent Fair
A very good, drugstore brand face powder! It's a really good working product for the price point. I find that it helps to press the powder in with a sponge or Beauty blender; that keeps my skin matte for longer than applying it with a powder brush. There is no flashback whatsoever, and does not leave my face feeling super dry. It leaves a beautiful finish on my face. I don't even use foundation anymore. Because I press on the powder with a sponge, it almost acts as a mineral foundation and leaves my skin smooth with a clean, matte finish. I would 10/10 recommend!
Colorado
I love this powder! I prefer loose powders so I can apply with a sponge to avoid a cakey look. There’s a great amount of product for the price, It lasts me about 6 months. I haven’t noticed this powder looking glittery in natural lighting like I’ve noticed with other powders. I also have dry skin, so finding a powder that wouldn’t cling to my dry areas and make them stand out has been difficult but I haven’t had a problem with this powder. My only complaint is the ingredients. I know talc can make your skin upset, but I haven’t found any good loose powders that are talc-free. If Covergirl can find a way to make a loose powder without talc, I will be a loyal customer forever!
Dalton, GA
COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder uploaded by kim H.
Purchased at: Dollar General
Review for: 110 - Translucent Light
I LOVE this setting powder. It's very easy to apply and sets your makeup perfectly. It helps my foundation last all day and makes it more matte. It comes with a puff thing to apply the powder. Personally I use a sponge to apply but love using the puff to brush it out. The only negative is that it smells like vicks vapor rub in my opinion but personally I like the smell.
Hollywood, FL
Purchased at: ULTA
Yessss omg I really like this powder. I’ve had this for while so I just used it yesterday and today for the first time. &I think it’s my new go to. I don’t use pressed powder because I find that loose powders tend to last a much longer time and this one is packed with product. I really like how it goes with my foundation the powder does crack look to dry or cakey at ALL and a little goes a long way (with the right brush). I would definitely recommend this.
Ironton, OH
I have this a 4 star rating because although I love this powder and it does amazing for coverage, I have to reapply it sometimes. So the wear is good but I don’t feel that it lasts all day long. I do love this loose powder because of smooth it goes onto your skin. It doesn’t look fake or cakey in anyway. And with one container of it you can get so much out of it! One of these will last me for about 6 months.
I gave used this product since I started wearing makeup which was 10 years ago. I love it. It isn't too heavy, has buildable coverage, and it's affordable. I love that if I just need a little makeup fir the day I don't have to apply foundation before this powder..its coverage is so great I can wear it by itself! I've definitely remained loyal to this product over the years..
Tulsa, OK
Review for: 110 - Translucent Light, 105 - Translucent Fair
I’ve worn both shades of this and while it’s a great starter powder— it’s not very long lasting and it tends to cake up and really adhere to dry spots. Even if you wear a BB cream under it. They didn’t add any moisturizers or anything to it to improve blend-ability. It is also a bit chalky. However if you are extremely oily I feel like you would benefit from this.
Rentz
This loose powder has an amazing finish when its all blended in, there's no creases in my faces, you can not see my pores. there's not much residue when applying, either. I have a combination skin type, and it covers everything.

I highly recommend this product to anyone with any type of skin, it goes over your foundation so smoothly, as well.

Milton, WA
I really like this for the price that it is. I personally struggle with dry skin but sometimes combination. And this powder doesn’t ever leave me looking cakey. It is light and fluffy. You can use it even as a loose foundation powder instead of actually setting & baking your concealer/foundation. I use it to refresh my makeup throughout the day too.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Benwood, WV
il y a 4 mois
COVERGIRL Professional Loose Powder? Do you prefer liquids or powders when it comes to your face makeup?
Anna T. • il y a 23 jours
I use both powder and liquid.
Edmonton, AB
il y a un an
I heard this is a good cheap dupe for the Translucent Loose Setting Powder and now that they’re cruelty free I was wondering if it works just as well?
Katon W. • il y a un an
Cover girl powder is my go to powder! It works well with my foundation, I use Fenty beauty. Never have any problems.