BY COVERGIRL

• Is this foundation good for oily skin? 34 Answers
Nichole S.
Purchased at: Walmart
Review for: Other more...
I previously used Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless but felt it was too matte for my combination skin. I have been searching for a foundation that is medium-heavy coverage, not too matte but will take away shine. I think I may have found it. I had my daughter help me match at the store. I applied some to my jawline and she said it was lighter than my neck so I went with it, the 805 (lightest shade there). I ended up taking the time to look on Amazon and saw that it ends up darkening 1-2 shades after it oxidizes so I was glad I went with the one I did.
The application with a triangle sponge went well. The pump makes it much quicker to apply, since I don't have to pour some on my hand. Right after applying I took a picture and it definitely white washed me, I looked like a ghost. But I finished my makeup and I felt it had darkened to just the right shade. For comparison, I ended up taking a picture in sunlight and again in the office bathroom and I'm still very happy with the shade.
The only downside is, considering it's a 3-in-1 that is supposed to help skip the primer step, I feel I can still use primer. Being in my mid-30s, I am getting fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead. I feel this foundation still settles into them.
I will see how it works with my Maybelline hydrating primer, overall I'm satisfied with this foundation.
Andrea B.
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
This is truly the only drugstore foundation that I’ve ever repurchased. Most I use til they’re done, then I try a different one. But this one is better quality than some of the high end foundations I’ve tried (like the Born This Way foundation from Too Faced or MAC Studio Fix). I don’t even have to use primer under this and it goes on smooth and stays put all day and my skin is seriously textured in some areas because of icepick scars and bigger pores. The only con is that when I’m not quite winter pale and not quite summer tan, I wish there was a better shade between the Classic Ivory and Buff Beige. But, I think only I can notice the slight undertone discrepancy when it’s on. Definitely recommend this to anyone who wants fuller coverage without the cakey heavy feel/look.
Shelby P.
Mitten State
Review for: Other more...
I had really high expectations for this product, considering it was one of those raved about products on youtube and I could barely find any negative reviews for it (even from my fellow oily people) - meaning I had to try.  I believe the shade I tested was Buff Beige, which was pretty close to my skin tone, but maybe just a tad bit too light, even after oxidizing.  This BARELY oxidized on me, but enough for me to tell it got darker.

First, THIS HAS A PUMP.  Major win.  It went on soooo smooth, felt great, and blended well.  The coverage was AMAZING!! Definitely a very high medium if not full - I've got mild acne and redness.  I was like, great!  This is gonna be the one!  I'll just pick up the next shade darker!

WRONG!  THIS MADE ME SO FREAKING OILY!  I am an extremely oily skin girl, and no matter what I do I can't seem to stay matte.  So I'm used to it.  But this, THIS was a whole new level of oily.  I usually only need to blot 2-3 times a day (I COULD do more but I don't NEED to) to look presentable.  With this foundation I would have NEEDED to blot TWO-THREE times OR MORE EACH HOUR TO LOOK DECENT.  My boyfriend said it was the most oily he's ever seen me and even joked and said I could probably start an oil lamp with how much oil was on my face.

I did the same exact routine I always do with the same products, so obviously something in this foundation did not agree with my skin.  It wore off the sides of my nose and caused my eyeliner to transfer to my upper lid and smear in the corners of my eye (which never happens to me ever, so no it's not the eyeliner) because of how oily those areas got.  And this was all within under five hours sitting in an office, not getting sweaty or moving whatsoever, in the AIR CONDITIONING!

By the end of the day (it got even worse because after I left the office, I had to work an event outside for my other job) it looked so textured and gross (which I blame on the mounds of oil) and I just wanted to get it off.  I absolutely have no idea what everyone is talking about when they say it stays in place all day and doesn't make them oily, because I certainly didn't have that experience.  Wish I could have made it work because the coverage and look was great (minus the oil of course), but I don't have the time or the money to blot a million times a day.

I recommend for normal skin, maybe even combo skin that needs good coverage, but from my experience, if you have very oily skin like me then I say stay away.  In my opinion, the Covergirl Clean Matte BB is wayyyy better, and that's saying something because that really isn't the best thing out there.

Kaitlin K.
Fremont
Purchased at: CVS
Review for: Medium Beige more...
This foundation is amazing! First off, finding my shade match was fairly easy. When I first used this foundation, I noticed how liquidy it was. I find this great for people that may want a more sheer finish...which I was scared about at first because I need a more full coverage look because of acne and things that i have going on with my face. But fortunately for me, this foundation is incredibly buildable so i was able to apply more to areas that need more coverage. I appreciate how buildable this is because it gives you the opportunity to start out with about medium coverage but build up to full if need be, and not have a caked-up makeup look. I find the finish to be very natural and skin-like and not too dewy or too matte. I am not having to use insane amounts of powder to cover up any oily skin. I am not going to say this is totally transfer free. I have been wearing a white winter hat and have noticed my foundation on the hat. It’s not awful though and i do think it is more transfer resistant than most foundations that i own. Currently, I have combination skin with the skin around my chin being very dry. Throughout the day, I notice this foundation clinging to my dry spots...but it’s really only noticeable close up. This foundation is water-based so I do want to experiment more with water-based primers and some setting sprays that are low-alcohol or alcohol-free to maybe resolve those drying issues in certain areas.
Alexis A.
Chalmette, LA
Review for: Other more...
First let me start by saying I love this foundation, I have to mix two colors together to get my skin tone but it goes on smoothly and looks flawless on the skin . Also it build able coverage so you can go from light to full coverage. Yes I would definitely purchase again. Oh and the one I use is trueblend matte made in shades t70 and t80:)
Megan M.
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
I was at target going down the makeup isle when I ran across this foundation in the shelf. I immediately scanned the product on here to read the reviews. I read amazing reviews and decided to buy the product. Let me tell you, life changing!! I love this foundation!!! I have combination skin and it does wonders!!! Highly recommended!
Dani D.
This foundation provides for full coverage all day, it’s a non greasy, non oily formula that leaves your skin matte. Because it’s so thin just I thought it would be difficult to blend but it’s very good. It also hasn’t clogged my pores or made me break out. It’s full coverage but it allows your skin to breathe.
Morgan P.
Suches
I would highly recommend this product to someone who is looking for a medium coverage affordable foundation! So far this has to be one of my favorite go to foundations from the drugstore. I think this foundation would really work for any skin type.
Christina S.
sylmar
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
I have combo oily skin and this is my go to everyday foundation the coverage is medium build. The finish is amazing. It’s great that it has spf on it. This is a matte finish and it blends amazing on the skin. I would keep on buying this product
Savannah O.
chicago
Absolutely love this foundation, it goes on smoothly and lasts all day. Can become a little bit oily through the day, I usually just blot or add a bit of powder and it’s good to go. Very nice shade selection and affordable!
Kaila B.
I have combination skin type, my question is does this foundation cling to anyone else's dry spots? & does it make you look like you have dandruff flakes on your forehead area?? Or is it just me? Lmfao
Pamela S.
Manassas, Virginia
This product looks very good, but the coverage is really nice? I have a lot of red spots in my face because of acne
Meryem O.
Would this be good for dry skin?
Crystal G.
For the people who do use this how is it on your skin dose it feel to cakey and what coverage is it
Brittany B.
Robbins, TN
Has anyone tried this and loved it? Does it work well for very pale skin?