12 colors available

BY COVERGIRL #38 in Liquid Foundation

COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation – NEW Outlast Stay Luminous is the perfect combination of longwear makeup that leaves skin glowing in a natural and luminous way. Its light-reflective formula works to provide longwear moisture to while giving the skin a lit from within look. This long lasting foundation provides light to medium coverage that will even out your skin tone, cover blemishes and imperfections.

Shades – Classic Ivory, Creamy Natural, Buff Beige, Medium Beige, Soft Honey, Classic Tan and Soft Sable

• Does anyone else love this foundation as much as I do?24 Answers
  • Has anyone else tried this? It's been my favourite since watching K...1 Answers
  • Is this foundation good for oily skin? 34 Answers
Tabitha M.
Tabitha M.
Tavares, FL
This foundations ranks number 3 of my Top 3 Favorite Drugstore Foundations. The texture is nice, I like the way it feels on my skin. I like a very matte finish and this really does the trick. I also like a VERY FULL COVERAGE foundation and this is great for building that look. HERES THE CATCH, it TRANSFERS on everything SOOOOO EASILY. I do have oily skin, so that could be part of it, where the oil makes the foundation really start to separate from my skin. The foundation would always build up on the top of my glasses, or if I went to clean my glasses with a cloth, there would be tan marks all over it from the makeup. If I touched my face with my sleeve, etc. I would see it. I really wouldn't recommend wearing this for more than 6-8 hours a day, especially if you have oily skin. And yes, I would even use an oil-control setting spray AND translucent powder to set the foundation. This is why I am only giving it 3 stars. I know it says OUTLAST, but girl, this will only last for about 3-4 hours on my skin comfortably. Thank goodness I've found others. See my other reviews to find out which 2 I recommend over this one.
Alexandria S.
Alexandria S.
Tallahassee, FL
I have the outlast stay fabulous 3 in 1 foundation in shade 855 (soft honey). I have oily skin, especially oily in the summer months and this is my holy grail drug store foundation. I'm still trying to find my HG high end but this one will probably never be dethroned as my every day, perfect foundation. The coverage is medium but build able and it doesn't feel like "cake face". Once, I was joking around with friends and it was layer 3 of foundation that actually make it look less natural and more of a "mask". Very easy to sheer out with a beauty blender (my favorite way to apply). My skin is also highly sensitive and this doesn't break it out! if you have oily & acne prone skin... you might want to give this a serious try! I will admit that I was disappointed with the shade range. As I said, I am shade 855. There are three darker shades you can buy in store (maybe even online) and I am not that dark of a white girl. I have olive skin with yellowish warn undertones
Kelly F.
Kelly F.
Trenton, MI
I am in my early 40s and have very fair, acne prone, combination skin, with some scars from acne. I prefer a medium coverage foundation that does not melt or rub off easily. I have tried most drug store brands. And I love this foundation. I have been using it daily for about two years now. I swipe it on with my finger or a foundation brush and then blend it with a large fluffy brush. You must be quick when applying to get a nice blend. It takes a few minutes to fully set and I do not apply powder until it has set. It lasts many hours and works well for me in the summer heat. The only cons for me is the coloring. Covergirl foundations tend to oxidize and go orangish on my pale skin. While I prefer foundations with yellow undertones I am able to make this one work with powder because I love everything else about it. I use a clarisonic with cleanser to remove.
Virginia G.
Virginia G.
I have a bery oily tzone and dry cheeks this foundation works great at controlling my oils throughout the day. It usually lasts me a good 6+ hours before noticeable oils seep through. The foundation didn't break me out, I really like that it is medium coverage and you can build it up to full without getting cake face. It is an extremely good foundation and it is a great price! It compares to some of my higher end foundations. My skin tone is comparable to MAC NC40 and I use the shade number 857. It matches well occasionally I have to mix with a shade darker foundation depending on time of year but overall 857 suits me perfect. I highly recommend this foundation to anyone looking for a medium to full coverage foundation that might be on a budget. I have recommended many family and friends to this foundation and they made the switch from high ends brands.
CHRISTIE S.
CHRISTIE S.
I wanted to love this foundation since I need something with staying power that controls oil while at work, but unfortunately this is not it. I still get hormonal acne breakouts around my chin and this makeup adhered to every pimple and dry patch, it looked horrible. I had to go 12 plus hours without making any drastic movements around my mouth because I was about to crack. As far as oil control, it just did not hold up around my nose. I wear glasses and they were like a slip and slide on my nose, I was not happy. I used a wet sponge to apply and I still looked pasty and just plain blah. I am very fair skin and the lightest shade was too light, but the next shade up too dark. Maybe this works for some people, but in my opinion you would have to have no dry patches or pimples, just perfect, mildly oily skin.
Julia H.
Julia H.
I am in love with this product! I do use a primer underneath it, even though it says it has one. This is a drugstore holy grail. I have oily skin, and this makes my face SO matte. I am on the 7th hour on wearing this, and it still looks like I just put it on. I will never buy a different drugstore foundation. The price, $9, you cannot beat. The price is so worth the coverage it gives. The formula spreads really easily and covers great. A little goes a long way. I love the pump with the product, and the packaging is very durable. I put this on with a foundation brush then blend slightly out with a makeup sponge and get a flawless finish. You can barley see my acne scars (I do not expect them to disappear since they are really bad), and I cannot believe how long this last. I highly recommend this product!
Cayla W.
Cayla W.
THIS is my favorite foundation in the entire world right now. I have very dry skin and this foundation is wonderful. I have already went through an entire bottle of it and I had to repurchase it right away as soon as I ran out. This has been the only foundation that I have been using all summer. I love dewy, glowy and luminous looks during the summertime and this gives me just that. I find with an illuminating primer it is even better and you really get that glowly look. I know not everybody likes these type of looks, but when I think of summer, this is the type of makeup look I think of. This foundation has been great for me and I love it. I like to apply it using a makeup sponge. I find that is the best way to apply this foundation. You could use a brush, but I prefer a sponge with this foundation.
Cristal S.
Cristal S.
Jersey City, NJ
I'm not a heavy make up user. I like to wear eyeliner & occasionally some foundation/concealer to cover up any blemishes i may have. This product gets the job done. You only need to use about 2 pumps to cover your face & its surprisingly smooth. I suffer from very dry yet oily skin which is why i was weary when buying this product but it doesn't cause my skin to dry out, it actually semi moisturizes it. I have to use a face lotion before applying it & then i use a face powder after, just to set it. I'm not too sure about how it is in extreme heat because when it's super hot outside, i don't wear make up so my face wont melt away lol In the picture attached you can see how well it blends, even though i had a sucky camera lol I recommend buying this product. It's great for the price!
Emily B.
Emily B.
Durham, NC
This is my top foundation to date. I feel that it works best with a primer, if you are an active person in a high humidy environment. This has worked well this past winter for me, but I have yet to try it in the thick of summer. I like how it blends well into my skin and does not dry my skin out.

My skin Type: Oily and acne prone; I have fair skins that tans easily. I need an SPF and I apply one coat of moisturizer and then one coat of primer before this product.

Application: finger tips + 1.5 pumps
Coverage: High (I have acne scars)
Primer too?: Yes, I use a Maybelline one
Shade: 810 in Classic Ivory
All day hold: you bet! It lasts at least 14 hours
Messy: No, the formula is almost "gel" like and goes on so smooth. You cannot feel it during the day.
Repurchase?: Yes, I will!
Genesis D.
Genesis D.
Cicero, IL
This foundation claims to have a primer, concealer and of course be a foundation. It also claims to be full coverage, but in my opinion it applies to a medium build able coverage. It does even out your skin tone but if you have acne it won't cover it completely, you would have to conceal the blemishes. It has a satin finish, but when the foundation settles in it feels like a smooth powder finish. These foundations do have a pink undertone and they do oxidize 1 shade darker than your skin tone, also if you are dry stay away from this foundation, it can make you look flakey. This is foundation is made for oily/normal skin. A plus is that it comes with a pump, so you can have more control over your foundation, overall this is a pretty good foundation.
Kassy H.
Kassy H.
Redwood City, CA
Does it give a full coverage?
Is this foundation good for oily skin?
Christina H.
Christina H.
Rio Rancho, NM
Is this a good foundation for oily skin?
Erin C.
Erin C.
Hows the coverage? I have acne and want to hide it.
Tracy M.
Tracy M.
Does anyone else love this foundation as much as I do?