BY COVERGIRL

America's #1 long-wear lip color!* Our advanced formula, with resilient, brilliant coverage, color, and shine, gives you up to 16 hours of color that stays true, in just 2 easy, breezy steps. Outlast's long-lasting lip color has a moisturizing topcoat that helps lock in shine – no feathering, no bleeding.

• Does this dry out the lips? Do you lose any color while e...3 Answers
  • With what do you take this off when you're done wearing it?1 Answers
  • I just got this as a gift. I usually never go for drugsto...2 Answers
COVERGIRL Outlast All-Day Lipcolor
  • "It really is long lasting! I bought this because it was on sale and I had a $2 off coupon, and now I'm searching for more! When applying you have to be careful not to press your lips together too soon or you will ruin it; I wait about two minutes. It will feel dry at first, but the balm cures that. It really does't transfer either; the clear balm might but the color stays. Great for date nights or when you don't want to leave lipstick smudges on glasses! The only problem i have is that moist shades appear frosty. " in 50 reviews
  • "If you do not want to reapply your lipstick throughout the day then this is the stuff for you, It literally lasts ALL day. All you need to take with you is the moisturizing stick that comes with it and you're good to go for the day. " in 42 reviews
Alexia V.
Review for: Wine To Five 538 more...
This is the first matte lip wear I ever tried and it was wonderful. Especially for a cheaper end lip wear it hit the mark and was excellent value. I bought at target but I've seen it at Walmart, drugstores, and Ulta.The color is true to suggestion, it glides on easily and lasts a very long time. Definitely recommend!
Sue D.
Fairfield Twp, OH
Review for: Blushed Mauve 550 more...
It clumps and has a horrible finish!! If you run your lips together just a tad it completely crumbles. Ugh I am not satisfied. The color is pretty when first applied. 1/10
Kayla H.
Johnson, KS
Review for: Moonlight Mauve 740 more...
I purchased this product at WalMart. I really liked it other that the fact that it would easily stain my teeth. It also smells kind of funny. It lasts all day though and is priced low compared to others.
Susan H.
I love this lip color! I put it on before work & it stays on all day! It doesn't leave my lips feeling sticky. I reapply the gloss occasionally and it's like I just put on the lip color! Love it!
Ashley G.
Review for: Wine To Five 538 more...
So in love with this lippy I love the way it goes with my skin tone since not a lot of lippies go with my skin tone in my opinion other than that I love this one it’s my go to every day lip color
Lisa G.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Review for: Natural Blush 621 more...
I recently started looking for a perfect fall color. I didn’t have time to run to the mall so drug store had to do. The price was good and it promised all day wear. After using it I loved it but the only issue is it really dried out my lips. Keep the gloss on hand because without it my lips were crazy dry
Danielle C.
Rochester, NY
There is no lip color I love more than this. I wear it for every event, weddings, going out whatever. It NEVER comes off, you can eat, drink, kiss it doesn’t matter it is permanent until you wash it off. People are in awe when I tell them
Vanessa V.
Sharonville
Review for: Other more...
FYI this is just a general overview of the lipstick in general, not a specific shade.

Oh Covergirl Outlast.  This was pretty much the first lipstick I bought and seriously wore more than once, so it'll always hold a special place in my heart.  That being said, it is no longer my favorite lip color.

If you're not familiar with the product, this is a product with 2 items, a liquid lip color and a glossy balm to top it off and make things more comfortable.

Let's start with the good.  This is a decently affordable lip product and widely available.  There is a pretty wide selection of shades and I feel like there is something for everyone.  The packaging is pretty nice, I've never had the wand tip fall off or the packaging leak in my purse, so that's always good.  The balm is pretty glossy, but you can put on a light layer or put some on and blot if you like a less shiny finish.  And most importantly, it does last pretty well, assuming you don't eat anything too greasy.  There have been nights when I was too lazy to take off my makeup and in the morning the I still had (faded) color.

Ok now the not so good.  The packaging is nice, but I kind of dislike the fact that this is in two tubes instead of attached to one.  Maybe I'm just super forgetful or whatever, but I have found that sometimes I'd throw the color in my bag and forget the balm.  Also, I wish you could just buy the color and not the balm.  Because I don't like a super glossy look, I use the balm pretty sparingly.  And then when you buy 5 shades, you end up with 5 balms, all mostly full, and the lipstick is getting used faster.  It could be nice if you lose a balm to have backups, but I just find it kind of annoying and wasteful for me personally.

Also, remember how I said that this lasts pretty well unless you eat greasy food?  Well if you eat something oily or greasy and want to touch up, it's not going to look so hot.  I feel like this product, and other similar ones, look much better when you apply a thin layer to a clean slate.  I don't think this product layers super well.  You might be able to get away with only applying to the spots that faded, but that can be kind of hard.  So If you like to be able to easily touch up your lip color, this might not be the item for you.

Finally, and my least favorite part about this lip color is the shimmer. And glitter.  And frost.  I do not really like a shimmery or sparkly lip, it's just not for me.  Even some of the ones that appear to be just a creme finish have some shimmer in them.  I can tolerate those that are just subtly shimmery, but really a lot of the shades I would never buy because of the shimmer.  So there's quite a few color options, yeah, but trying to find A. a shade that I like that B. has no sparkle can be a little difficult.  For a while Forever Fawn (I think that was the name) was my go to.  But if you are into shimmer in your liquid lip color, go for it.  It is still a pretty nice product.
Jessica M.
Sanbornville
I can say I did and still do love this product. Covergirl has always been good with me. This one has most definitely stayed on forever and I wouldn't hesitate suggesting it to someone else.
Joanne A.
Dallas
Review for: Rose Pearl 547 more...
This CoverGirl Outlast last all day I love the red it stays on all day 24-hour hold and I like that the fact that you could eat and drink it doesn't come off that easily and it also have the other one where it's like a ChapStick
Melissa T.
Atmore, AL
Does this lip color dry your lips out or get clumpy? Does it stay on really well even after a meal, do you need to re-apply? Would you recommend this or something else? Thank you!!
Hana N.
Bowling Green , KY
Does this lipstick last or does it wear off easily ?
Kathryn O.
Does this lipstick really last as long as it says? I have tried other brands in the past and it didn't last long at all.. I'm looking for something that is going to be around after I eat lunch!
LeeAnn C.
Has anybody else had flaking issues with this lip color? Mine started to flake off within minutes of my applying it, even with multiple topcoat applications.
Aubrey R.
Eaton, OH
I'm wondering how long does this lip gloss really last? Is it really up to 24 hours? And what's the texture like?