BY COVERGIRL

America's #1 long-wear lip color!* Our advanced formula, with resilient, brilliant coverage, color, and shine, gives you up to 16 hours of color that stays true, in just 2 easy, breezy steps. Outlast's long-lasting lip color has a moisturizing topcoat that helps lock in shine – no feathering, no bleeding.

• Does this dry out the lips? Do you lose any color while eating or...3 Answers
  • With what do you take this off when you're done wearing it?1 Answers
  • How pigmented and long wearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or ma...1 Answers
Valerie L.
I rarely use lipstick and if I do I stick to colors that are natural and closer to my lip color and never use red! But having the ability to try out a red lipstick for free I jumped at the opportunity. I tried it out at home just in case it went horribly wrong. At first it went on smooth and the finish was flawless. I then applied chapstick once or twice, like it says on the box, to make sure my lips didn't dry out. However, later in the day my lipstick began to flake off... I am hoping to only use the moisturizing stick next time and hopefully the lipstick won't flake!!
Kristina A.
Villa Rica, GA
I got this product as a stocking stuffer from my mom. I was given it in the shade Rosy 549. If you wait until the first coat (the color) dry before applying the moisturizing top coat the lip color lasts almost all day. Definitely longer than most lip color products I've tried in the past. There is also minimal color that comes off when you drink & eat. The Rosy shade blends in with my natural lip color enough so the color that comes off where my lips meet isn't really that noticeable, which I like. If you're looking for a more natural looking shade of lip color that lasts, Is recommend trying this product out.
Ashley B.
Bainbridge, NY
I wanted to find a cheaper alternative to lip sense since I tend to be a penny pincher I picked this up and tried it out for less then $10 this was the best lip color I ever bought very nice shade that was kiss proof eat proof n drink proof I do have to reapply the top coat once I a while specially during winter since it's so dry here I wore it over night n it only slightly started to come off I think that's because I went so long with out the top coat but it truly lasted all day
LeeAnn C.
I personally hated this lipstick; I can genuinely say it was the worst lip product I've ever used. I followed the directions carefully, leaving it on for over 60 seconds without closing my lips so it could dry, and then applying a generous topcoat. Even with the moisturizing topcoat, it felt like a layer of nail polish on my lips; very dry, tight and airless. It also smelled strongly of chemicals. It began to flake within 20 minutes, and was a disaster within the hour. I definitely won't be purchasing again. The only thing I liked was the topcoat, which was super moist and smelled like cotton candy. I've used it with a bunch of other lipsticks, and it works well with them all. But the actual Outlast lipstick is a definite no for me.
I B.
Raleigh, NC
The color is very pretty and it does last nicely, but it isn't a low-maintenance lip color. It's drying (this from someone who never struggles with dry lips) and you absolutely must keep up with the topper every couple hours or it will start to flake off in weird clumps. The biggest downside for me is that the clear topper runs out way before the liquid lipstick. I'm going to try using it with chapstick, but I doubt it will work quite as well, and I really don't want to have to buy another tube just for the topper.
Sarah G.
Powell
Review for: Honeyed 540, Beaming Berry 720, Starlit Pink 700 more...
These were so hyped when I was younger, and I have tried several shades over the years hoping to find one I could make work, but alas....no. My mom loves them to this day, and so many other women I know.

I can never get a good finish on these, no matter how lightly I apply the color. I always get crackling around the corners of my mouth, even if I put it on so lightly it barely shows up. My lips feel extremely dry, which is nothing surprising with longwear lipstick in general, and the gloss does help with that. As a matter of fact, the gloss for years running was my favorite lip gloss. It's not sticky, moisturizes well, and feels good on the lips.
Alessa P.
Fayetteville , NC
Review for: CoverGirl Outlast Lipcolor more...
I just got my Covergirl VoxBox today and I put on the Outlast Custom colors lipgloss right away. It's been on for the whole day and I'm really happy with it. The color is so pretty and pigmented and it dries pretty fast. The lipgloss itself is kinda sticky while you let it dry but once you put on the moisturizing stick it feels really smooth. The moisturizing stick doesn't pick up any red color at all when you're using it over the red lipgloss either. It lasts throughout the day too and doesn't smear off on anything. I recommend trying this!
Renee S.
I adore this lipstick. I have several colors and love them all but my favorite is red. I put this on first thing in the morning, I apply one coat rub my lips together, clean up the edges and then let it dry a bit before I apply a second coat. This is how I assure an all day, long last coating even on the inner part of my lips. (Red is notorious for coming off the inner part of the lip) After that I let it dry and then apply the clear moisturizing top coat. The only reason I can't give this five stars is because by the end of the day it begins to feel flakey and dry even if I coat it with the moisturizing coat, it doesn't look any different however and doesn't come off. I believe it truly is a 24 hour lipstick. Do note you can't use any other moisturizing top coat or it will remove the lipstick.
Lauren M.
Cowpens, SC
Review for: CoverGirl Outlast Lipcolor more...
Ya'll I did not love this. It was supposed to be a bright Taylor Swift Red and it was really really pink toned. and it smeared very easily. when I tried to take it off it litearlly took til 2 facewashes later to get it all the way. and left a faint tint to my lips when i jsut wanted it gone. Maybe if it wasnt the red it would ahve been better, but i wouldnt buy this if i was going to get a red lip. there are other mattes that work better.
Tiffany R.
I love this outlast lip color! It is so beautiful on the lips. You put the lip color on first, let it sit for 30 seconds and then you put the moisturizer on. The lip color stays on, but the moisturize does transfer because it is like a lip bom. I love the packaging, its simple but cute. I love the idea of the lip stain and the lip moisturizer that you can put on after and the lip stain won't come off or transfer. I brought a couple of these for myself, and one for my sister. She loves hers too.
Melissa T.
Atmore, AL
Does this lip color dry your lips out or get clumpy? Does it stay on really well even after a meal, do you need to re-apply? Would you recommend this or something else? Thank you!!
Hana N.
Bowling Green , KY
Does this lipstick last or does it wear off easily ?
Kathryn O.
Does this lipstick really last as long as it says? I have tried other brands in the past and it didn't last long at all.. I'm looking for something that is going to be around after I eat lunch!
LeeAnn C.
Has anybody else had flaking issues with this lip color? Mine started to flake off within minutes of my applying it, even with multiple topcoat applications.
Aubrey R.
Eaton, OH
I'm wondering how long does this lip gloss really last? Is it really up to 24 hours? And what's the texture like?