Add a Photo

By COVERGIRL
#201 in Lip Care

COVERGIRL Colorlicious Oh Sugar!

Colorlicious Oh Sugar! Lip balm is a moisturizing indulgent experience that nourishes, protects and smooths your lips – leaving behind a light wash of color. Upgrade your lip balm experience with light color, hydration and a lightweight feel. Compare to a $20 lip balm!

Features & Benefits:

• With grapeseed oil, avocado butter & Vitamins C & E, this reparative hydrating luxe lip treatment leaves lips appearing and feeling as if renewed.

• Softer, smoother looking and feeling lips after 7 days use** vs. bare lips

• Thin oils absorb quickly into lips while a thin protective layer locks in moisture – so no thick, greasy film-feel you can get from other balms

• Tinted formula glides on smooth for the perfect pop of Colorlicious payout.

• Fresh citrus scent with a delicious, sweet sugary taste

AVAILABILITY & PRICING

Available in Cupcake, Candy, Caramel, Taffy, Spice, Punch, Soda, Sprinkle, Jelly and Gumdrop at mass-market, drugstore, food and e-commerce retailers nationwide

SRP: $6.99 - $8.99

Photos (336)
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Coraopolis, PA

My first impression of this product was the packaging, so I’ll start with that. The product has a nice, chrome-looking package with “oh sugar!” stamped on the side. My favorite part about the packaging is that the name of the shade “Caramel” is also on the side in large lettering, and not just in tiny print on the bottom. This was a major plus for me, because I know it won’t fade and there’s no sticker to peel off and cause me to forget the shade in the future. I of course did an arm swatch prior to applying to my lips, just to test the shade. The actual product is darker than the package would lead one to believe. I couldn’t think of a shade to compare the actual color to, but it’s almost a chestnut color in the tube. I was surprised when I swatched it and found that it actually has a LOT of shimmer to it, and was way lighter than the product itself appeared to be. I actually preferred the light, shimmery swatch color to the color in the tube, so that was a plus. It’s not super pigmented, so it’s important to remember before purchasing that it is just a balm and not a lipstick, despite what it may look like. The product advertises that it’s infused with vitamins C and E, grapeseed oil, and avocado butter, and once I finally applied it to my lips, I was actually super impressed. It smells GREAT, it almost has a pepperminty scent that was very appealing. It glides on so effortlessly, and it leaves a natural-looking tint. But my favorite part is how soft, creamy, and moisturizing it was. For someone who really struggles with dry lips in the winter months, this will be a STAPLE to my everyday routine!
Christina L.
Christina L.
Washington, DC

When I received this product for free in my #JingleVoxBox I was a bit confused. Initially, it appears to be a lipstick, but after looking it up I realized it's actually a tinted balm. As far as "tinted" goes, this product in "Caramel" does leave a light trace of color on my lips, but not enough that it would be noticeable to anyone else. However, it is SO moisturizing! It made my lips soft and smooth immediately and it lasted longer than I would expect a balm to- I think because of the unique bullet shape (which isn't typical for lip balms).
Given the (yummy) sugary lemon scent of this product, I'm assuming it's a competitor to Fresh's Sugar balms. To compare the two, I think the CoverGirl is a great (and more affordable) alternative. I really love the lipstick-style packaging, which keeps the balm itself harder- I've found the Fresh ones tend to get soft and melt easily. The CoverGirl is less moisturizing than the Fresh version, but at the price point this product really can't be beat.
Christina C.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN

So I have one of these Colorlicious "Oh sugar" in Gumdrop. I love the texture, and how it glides on my lips. I also like when I rub my lips together, it feels like I have sugar grains on my lips lol. I'm not too big on the color I bought though. Gumdrop is a pretty color, but I think it would look better on a more lighter skin tone. I'm native american, so pinks and nudes are usually my go to. I wanted to go out of my norm and got this color. Its hydrating, I will admit that. I don't think its worth 7$ though. Maybe I would like it more if I had a prettier color that matches my skin tone better. This gumdrop color on my lips does nothing to bring my complexion out. I love the packaging, and how girly the tubes are. I would recommend this to women who want a half lipstick/half lip balm. If you don't like a sugary, grainy texture on your lips, then I would not recommend. Overall, I give this product 4 stars. Could be better. Could have prettier colors, but I love how it feels on my lips.
Shakira B.
Shakira B.

I received shade #3 Caramel for free in my Covergirl Clean Voxbox, then later purchased shades #7 Soda, and #10 Gumdrop. Starting off with the packaging, they are in a nice smooth packaging with the shade clearly printed on the tube. It also has the shade number and the name printed on the bottom sticker as well. Now with the actual product I first want to say that it applies like a tinted balm. With that said I am in love with them. Caramel is a nice natural color that I tend to just throw on if I need a little bit of color but nothing too overwhelming. Soda is a nice redish fruit punch color that packs a bit more punch than caramel. Gumdrop is a nice purple berry color. All of these are sheer but as you can see in swatches, some are far more pigmented tan the others. They do last fairly long but I would not call them longwearing, though depending on the color they leave a beautiful tint on the lips.
Miaa M.
Miaa M.

The new Colorlicious Oh Sugar! Lip Balm in color “Caramel #3” and to be honest I was more excited to try this out then the macara but oh girl! was I disappointed. This balm is vitamin infused with natural items like grapeseed oil, avocado butter, and Vitamins C & E. The formula is totally great and I really loved how hydrating it was on my lips because this time of year with the cold weather its a must to have something that is both moisturizing and can stay for several hours and this did both with out fail. However, the color of the packaging is totally deceiving from the actual product. I was really excited to get the color “Caramel” because it is similar to colors I would normally wear but the color pay off was super disappointing. I wish it was more pigmented. But if you are looking for a hydrating lip balm with a hint of color without braking the bank this is perfect for $6.99.

#MiaaMoments
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
conway, Sc

I received this as part of my Valentine's day present and I was completely shocked... I didn't expect it, although I had really wanted it. I like how the balm is shaped like a regular lipstick so that you can precisely apply it without getting the sheer to buildable color on your skin. The balm has a citrusy icing scent that it very strong, but it is not overpowering. I really wish that this line had stuck with the actual flavors and gave them the scents (i.e. soda smell like soda, taffy like taffy, etc.). I do notice that this wears off much faster than any other lip balm I have ever used but since it is a balm, it isn't necessarily bothersome to have to reapply. The only reason I rated it a 4 is that it really isn't anything special that I am absolutely dying to have more of, however, it may grow on me more.
Tien D.
Tien D.

When I first received this product, I was skeptical due to how it was a shade that I thought I would not necessarily wear. However, this product eventually became a product I used daily due to how it gave a sheer tinted look that made my lips look more pink which I really enjoyed. It's moisturizing and has a good amount of pigment for a tinted lip balm, and when the moisture eventually goes away.. the color will remain intact and leave a tint on your lips. I've almost used this entire product up, which makes me really sad because it's pretty expensive for a lip balm. I really would recommend this to anyone looking for something moisturizing but still gives your lips that small pop of color that you need! Disclaimer: I received this product complimentary for reviewing purposes.
Shawna C.
Shawna C.
Los Angeles, CA

I unexpectedly fell in love with this balm! I kind of didn't know it was a balm at first, the packaging is super cute & fun. The product itself looks like a lipstick, but it's really sheer with a tint of color. I got the taffy color because I was looking for a natural/nude lippie & even though this is a balm & sheer, it was surprisingly nice. It enhanced my natural lip color but didn't overwhelm it. It also surprised me that it had a slight "SUGAR" flavor. I guess that's why it has its name. It applies smooth & feels nice on the lips. It only lasts about an hour, so you'll have to re-apply throughout the day, but what balm stays all day. All in all, I would buy this again & try more colors as well. Great Year round balm! Perfect Spring/Summer addition
Tenesia B.
Tenesia B.

I received this lip balm in an Influenster VoxBox and was quite delighted to try it out! The shade I have is Candy and I tried it on my hand to see the color. It appeared to be super sheer with just a touch of pink. I put a generous amount on and I love how smooth it is! It's much more moisturizing than I expected. The color didn't show up much but I loved how soft my lips were! I ended up falling asleep with it on and it was still there when I woke up. The one thing I found weird about it is that it felt a tiny bit gritty upon initial application. Is this meant to exfoliate slightly, too? Overall, wonderful product. I probably wouldn't have looked twice at it if it weren't for Influenster. I will definitely purchase this when this one runs out!
Laura S.
Laura S.
Austin, TX

My new absolute favorite colored lip balm! These are perfect - they glide on really smoothly, have an especially lovely feel on the lips and are really moisturizing. The formula is quite thin so it doesn't go on thickly (unlike my Pixie tinted balm - which I otherwise love!). They taste/smell amazing - very sweet and sugary, with a hint of mint maybe (unlike my Burt's Bees, which has that chemical aftertaste). Punch is one of the brighter shades, but it can be subtle if you just swipe on one coat. If you add a few more swipes, you can build up the color to a pretty but still soft red (unlike the ELF red tinted balm, which goes on like a bright and garish full color lipstick!). I feel like I have to buy this in every color.
norma f.
norma f.
Saint Paul, MN

I have not tried these yet but a friend of mine got one in red and she said it's like a soft lip balm. I wondered if this product is supposed to be a dupe of the fresh brand sugar lippies? I've loved the fresh brand sugar lips but they are really expensive ($24 each) and if this is a good dupe I'd love to get a few!
Jewls G.
Jewls G.

Is this product hydrating on the lips ? I have very dry lips especially around this time and I would love to know if this could help that out
New Hyde Park, NY

Can I use this as a balm to apply before going to sleep?
New Hyde Park, NY

Has anyone tried the darker colors? Are they more pigmented ?
Kaitlin R.
Kaitlin R.

Just wondering if this lip gloss dries out your lips because it looks so pretty but I have really sensitive lips?