BY COVERGIRL #21 in Eye Primer

Avoid creasing, fading or smudging when rocking your best smoky eye and extend your glam all night long with Lid Lock Eye Lid Primer. Apply before your favorite eye shadow and to smooth the surface for perfect application and intensify the color.

Formula & Benefits:

• Formula that smooths and preps lids for all-day, crease-proof color
  • Maximize the wear and intensity of your favorite shadows

• Does this work to prolong the wear of your eyeshadow?11 Answers
  • Does it give the same result as using a normal primer on ...9 Answers
  • Where can I get? I really want to try4 Answers
Buy on Jet.com
  • "Loved this eyeshadow primer. I have naturally oily lids but you couldn’t tell at all thanks to this primer! It’s one of the best primers. I have green eyes and it’s hard to keep warmer tones on my eyes to make them pop but the colors stay with this primer. I would recommend. " in 36 reviews
Justine C.
San Francisco, CA
This is definitely a drugstore replacement for my existing Sephora brand eyeshadow base. I find that it goes on easily and helps my eyeshadow last through the day.

My only minor gripe is that I think the applicator/container doesn't let me get 100% of the product out. Much like how the UD Eyeshadow primer used to come in those little genie bottles (where you left a lot of product in the tube). I feel like the Covergirl Lid Lock Eye Lid primer has the same issue. I wish this came in a squeezy tube instead!

I would definitely purchase this once I run out.  COVERGIRL Lid Lock Eye Lid Primer

Migdalia Q.
Highland park, NJ
I have never tried eye shadow primer and this one was my first. I do love having my eyeshadow last all night with the same intensity as when I first applied it on. I do have to say I did not expect to have the primer work kind of like a glue and when you put the eyeshadow, it would stick on to it. I thought it was a little hard to bend with the primer, but like I said I’ve never used eyelid primer before so that might just be the way they all are. Overall a good product for long lasting eyeshadow and to maintain the same intensity as when you first apply makeup to last through out the day/night.
Madi G.
Lindstrom, MN
I received this product in my last VoxBox from Influenster and was very disappointed. I don't usually use an eyeshadow primer, as my eyeshadow usually stays in place just fine, but hoped this would lock in the shadow for longer. Upon applying this product, my eyelids became sticky and smudged. The product was difficult to smooth out without tugging at the lid. Due to the sticky texture, my shadow stuck to the lid and would not blend out. I would not recommend this primer just due to this difficulty!
Haley W.
i have been using urban decay’s eyeshadow primer potion for years & absolutely love it. it’s my holy grail. unfortunately i ran out & wasn’t able to get my hands on any urban decay for a while, so i decided to put the cover girl lid lock eyeshadow primer to the test, & i was actually quite surprised! it has a wand applicator which is nice. the product goes on smooth & is very creamy, & eyeshadow sticks to it very well. i’m actually very impressed! it’s not urban decay, but it’s a close second! COVERGIRL Lid Lock Eye Lid Primer
Allison R.
I received this in my Covergirl Holiday VoxBox and I’m super impressed by this shadow primer! I really put it to the test during Christmas because on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th I had my makeup on for at least 12 hours. Let me tell you.... this stuff kept my shadow on, pigmented, and creaseless! It’s a super sticky formula, which I personally really like. The only thing I would warn is when you go to set it, it will really grab whatever powder you use, so be light handed. I’m not kidding when I saw after 12+ hours of wear, in hot crowded houses, while using contact rewetting solution, my eye shadow and eyeliner didn’t move an inch. The only thing I’ll say is I wish it were more pigmented and came in shade range for multiple skin tones. It has a tint, but after usually using a concealer to prime, I did notice my veins and discoloration weren’t covered. Mine aren’t very bad, so it wasn’t a problem for me, but probably will be for others. I would HIGHLY recommend this for the performance and price.
Rebecca O.
I am super impressed by this product. At first, I was skeptical about using a drugstore primer due to poor past experiences. But I love this one! I found it comparable to my Urban Decay primer potion (and this is a fraction of the price!) The only complaint I have is that it is a little more on the sticky side, but I didn't find this a problem once I let it sit for a minute and applied eyeshadow.
I received this product free for influenster testing purposes.
Edita P.
Middleton, MA
I received this eyelid primer in my Covergirl Voxbox. I rarely use eyeshadow, so I don’t use any primer. I usually apply Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in flesh tone all over my lid and then apply eyeshadow on top.

When I received COVERGIRL Lid Lock Eye Lid Primer, I tested it with COVERGIRL TruNaked Smoky Kit Palette that came in the box with it. I applied primer on one eye and nothing on the other one. When I applied eyeshadow to my lid, they applied bolder, more pigmented and more even on the side with the primer on. Even when later taking the eyeshadow off, it was harder to remove it from the side with the primer on the lid. I am very impressed and use it with other eyeshadows as well
Claudia J.
Nutley, NJ
I got this in the CoverGirl Holiday VoxBox complimentary of Influenster. I havent used a lid primer befkre sok wasnt sure what to expect. It feels like glue. I can see how it woyld be helpful if you typicalky apply your eye makeup before your other steps, but I add it after I've done my foundation and I think the foundation is sufficient for me. If I were a performer or went to clubs a lot I'd probably use this a lot, but 26 and married me likely isn't gonna use it really. I can see how it makes your eye makeup last, though.
Lara G.
Austin, TX
I received this product free from Influenster as part of their newest VoxBox and generally was really pleased by it! As a somewhat chronic "face toucher/wiper," I am super used to having the majority of my makeup gone by the end of the day and definitely loathe the "crease" build up I get from my eye makeup toward the middle of the day, so I was excited to try a new to me primer specifically for the eyes. I agree with others, the consistency is a bit too sticky to be ideal (kind of like tacky glue), but does seem to really get the job done. If anything, I feel like the tackiness makes the outer corners of my eyes a bit dry, but then again also kept my eyeshadow and eyeliner on through a shower the other day... so it must be keeping something in! Wish it dried in slightly different hues too- it dried a bit "concealer-y" and tan, but I would prefer a cooler/less yellow tinted color.
meg n.
Greer, SC
This is such a good eyeshadow primer! I tried the urban Decay primer and didn't like it, and decided to try this one when I saw it at the store. At first I didn't think I would like it because of how tacky it felt after drying, but I set it with powder before applying my eyeshadow and my eyeshadow looked so good even after 11 hours of wear! Usually my eyeshadow fades or starts to crease after a few hours but this made it look great all day long
Joanna S.
Does this work to prolong the wear of your eyeshadow?
Kelly J.
Brisbane
Does it give the same result as using a normal primer on your eyelids? Just seems like an unnecessary expense. All eyelid primer in general, not just this brand.
Jennifer L.