COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume MascaraInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY COVERGIRL #11 in Mascara

Get a blast of bold, volumizing mascaras! LashBlast's patented volume-boosting hypoallergenic mascara formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big-lash look. Now in waterproof, too!

COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume Mascara
  • "I don't know why it's gotten so much hate but this mascara lasts me forever ! I hate having clumpy eyelashes to the point where they look like spider legs but that never happen with this brand ! They literally just make my lashes thicker and blacker and really pretty. I love this mascara. It's within my price range too and the bottle itself is a cute colour. :)" in 2835 reviews
  • "One of my holy grail mascaras, but I prefer the waterproof one. Its amazing for building volume. LOVEE LOVE LOVEEEEE" in 961 reviews
  • "The title says it all! I have short, sparse lashes, and this mascara makes me look like I have false lashes on! Lengthens and thickens! It is a very dry formula and doesn't clump on my lashes. I am able to build it up as well, going from a natural look to a much more bold look for the evening. I'm excited to try the Lash Blast Fusion! " in 634 reviews
  • "I Love This Mascara Separates My Lashes & Gives It Tons Of Volume " in 505 reviews
Mary K.
Tallahassee , FL
Review for: Brown more...
I was really hoping to love this but it wound up being really disappointing. The brush is probably the only thing I like about it because the bristles are designed in a way that it separates my lashes well. But that's as far as my praises go. First, the formula smells really weird. Fortunately that only lasts as you're putting it on and is done once you close the bottle. It can be clumpy, which is never a good thing. It is not long lasting at all. Within a couple hours, you'd never know I even had it on. Volume just isn't there. I would have to DRASTICALLY layer it to get any hint of volume. I've used CoverGirl mascara before, and actually have another bottle of a different formula in my makeup bag that works so much better. This was just poor all around. If I could combine the brush of this one with the formula of the other one, I'd be much happier. But as it is, I doubt I will finish this bottle and I certainly won't be buying it again.
Kayla N.
Madison, WI
Review for: Very Black more...
I’ve recently cut down on how much eye makeup I wear. I used to go all out with eyeshadow, glitter, eyeliner, but now I’ve just been putting on mascara, so the way my lashes look is a big deal lol. My eyelashes are not the longest out there but they’re decent. This mascara is amazing! My favorite thing about it would be the brush, it separates the lashes so effortlessly. It does take about 3 coats for me to be happy but it’s so worth it. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars is because it gets on my eyelids easily, but the problem is easily solved by lightly running a spoolie across the mascara flecks. The brush also works amazing on the bottom lashes! In the end I’d highly recommend this product, especially for the price!
Mari C.
Tacoma
Review for: Black, Black Brown more...
Oh man. Not to be dramatic, but ever since I met this mascara around 5 years ago, it is the only one I have ever loved. It is just so easy to use and makes lashes look amazing. So much so that I'm like a walking spokesperson for it, as I've had multiple people compliment on and ask if my lashes were real 💕 instant confidence boost. The price is right, the lashes are thick and the waterproof one is waterproof. Perfection.
Pro tip, scrape the exess off the brush back into the tube, a little goes a long way! And when applying, start at the base of the lashes and gently wiggle the brush side to side (think shaky hand) then bring the brush up the lash. This makes for more volume! All in all I recommend this to anyone and everyone who wants lovely eyelashes
Amanda B.
Parkersburg, WV
I’ve used this mascara for many, many years. I’ve tried other mascaras in between (including younique) and nothing compares to this one for me. It gives my lashes a volume boost for sure! I do usually have to give it about 4 coats to be satisfied, but I love the results after those 4 coats. I use the waterproof version and I love it. My only complaint about it would be that after you have the tube for a month or so, it just isn’t the same. When the tube is brand new, it’s amazing, but shortly after it gets dried out it seems. I don’t leave it unsealed, so I’m not sure why it does that. I usually have to replace my mascara before the life of my tube is really finished because it just gets to be unusable -not as moist or easy to apply.
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
Review for: Very Black more...
I buy this in the waterproof version and use it when I know I need my mascara to be locked in place.  I used this one day when we went on a jet skiing tour on very choppy waters.  My whole face was completely wet by the end of the day.  I kept asking my husband the whole time if I had black all under my eyes and he said no.  I didn't believe him! Lol.  When we got back to the dock, I looked in the mirror and was shocked to discover that my mascara hadn't moved! It still looked flawless.
I will say that this is very difficult to get off when taking my makeup off, but if you have an event where you don't need it to move until then, I would highly recommend this mascara.
Chandra B.
In my opinion, this is the best mascara at the drugstore. I have used it for a couple of years now and I love it. Recently I stopped using waterproof mascara on a regular basis and I bought this in the non-waterproof formula. I don't think that it works as good as the waterproof, which is why I didn't give it five stars. Oddly enough, all waterproof mascara tends to leave little dots around my eyes from lashes touching. Even so, this mascara makes my lashes look fantastic. Highly recommend.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Very Black more...
I feel like everyone was in love with this mascara for a while, so I decided to try it out. I picked it up at Target, hoping for great things...and man, was I disappointed.

The brush is admittedly nice - it's about the only thing I liked about the mascara. It separates the lashes very well. The formula itself is thin and wet, making it very hard to apply without getting it all over your lids. It also has a strange smell, which I don't love. The mascara didn't lengthen my lashes or add any volume...it just made them darker.

There are PLENTY of better fish in the sea when it comes to drugstore mascaras. Save your money and your time, stay away from this one.

Kristen K.
Review for: Black, Very Black more...
This mascara has long been my favorite! It is not clumpy, it gives my lashes so much length and volume. You can go with a natural look or you can layer it on to appear to be wearing falsies without the hassle. I would pick it over many high-end mascaras. I get so many compliments about how long and beautiful my eyelashes are (little do they know it’s this mascara!). Funny enough I saw a girl whose eyelashes looked amazing and so I asked her what mascara she used and if she had falsies on - she didn’t, but she was wearing this same mascara!
Crystal K.
East Haven , CT
Review for: Very Black more...
I really love this mascara-it does a lot with the volume of my lashes vs the length,which is exactly what I want. I have very long,thick lashes but they can always look thicker. The formula is nice but I did notice this mascara can be a bit wet,so I like to open the package but not use the mascara right away,it has to “sit” for a week or two and then it’s perfect.
I love the brush-it’s the nicest density and thickness to reach each lash and coat them evenly.
This is a great mascara,and for the price you can’t beat it.
I get this mascara at CVS or Target and it’s about 8$
CAT D.
Flowery Br, GA
Review for: Black more...
I personally have tried this product many times to see if this time it would be better than the last, and unfortunately, it never is. Covergirl's formula of ANYTHING just has a very potent smell to it and that's not what I need when I'm putting something near my eye. The color is very black, which is a pro, but the formula is very drying, and I found this mascara to cause my lashes to clump and flake incredibly easily. Covergirl's been around for a long time, so someone must be doing something right for the formula to not change in years.
Ally D.
Where can I find this product again?
Celina L.
Oneonta, AL
Where can I buy this?
With daily use, how long does one tube typically last?
Lydia D.
Can i buy this at Walgreens? My cousin bought this kind of mascara and she told me it works pretty good.
Brooke M.
Conway, SC
Do you find this hard to get off?