4 colors available

BY COVERGIRL #7 in Mascara

Get a blast of bold, volumizing mascaras! LashBlast's patented volume-boosting hypoallergenic mascara formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big-lash look. Now in waterproof, too!

• Who loves it?! :D235 Answers
  • Do you guys prefer the original or the waterproof?540 Answers
  • I like mascara that has a natural bristle brush. Is this brush made...1 Answers
Review for: Very Black
This is easily one of the best drugstore mascaras on the market today. There's a reason it has inspired a few different and newer versions (Clump Crusher, Full Lash Bloom, the Super Sizer, etc) but nothing compares to the original orange tube. The others are decent but this is the only one I come back to repeatedly. The wand is a bit thicker than most mascaras so that can take a little getting used to, and the brush doesn't have large fluffy bristles, but rather short rubbery ones, which isn't too common. But somehow it works. The results are pretty instant, with lashes appearing thicker and fuller with one coat, not multiple coats like some other mascaras. I think the main result of this is volume, not so much length, but just use an eyelash curler with it and you're good to go. This is one of a few drugstore mascaras that are actually comparable to high-end pricey ones. I'll experiment with other mascaras but I always come back to this one at some point because it's just that good.
yolanda p.
yolanda p.
Covergirl Lashblast Volume is an iconic mascara. It comes in a big orange tube, the kind you can throw in your handbag and never lose. The brush is quite large and made of plastic. The 'spikes' are quite short, but there are plenty of them. The large brush is still easy to use, even on my small eyes, and I put this down to the shortness of the 'spikes'. I simply use one coat of this mascara, and it provides both length and volume to my lashes. It makes my eyes pop and makes me look very bright-eyed and awake. It is great for everyday looks, as it enhances your eyes without making you look very 'made up'. It enhances your eyelashes, though for evenings out I prefer a mascara which provides a bit more of a dramatic false-eyelash look. Lashblast Volume though has a great formula which applies easily, dries quickly and lasts all day without smudging or smearing - even in the heat. This is a great mascara and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to make their eyes pop.
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
Bay City, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am giving this one a 4 star for two different reasons. First of all, I bought the original and used many tubes of it. I loved it! It works so beautifully on my lashes. The only downfall that I had with it is that it did smudge and give me the "raccoon" eyes after a long days wear. So I opted to buy the water proof one to curb that. It was wonderful and didn't smudge or give me that "raccoon" look after a full day's wear which is awesome and what I wanted. The negative side for me is, is didn't make my lashes look like the original did. I felt like the formula was more watery and thinner. I noticed if I tried to re apply more, my lashes turned spidery instantly. I'm going to let it sit for a little while and see if that helps, but if they combined the feeling and volume of the first one, with the amazing staying power of the second, I would be giving 5 starts all the away around.
Karen B.
Karen B.
Crestview, FL
This is the best mascara I've ever used. I'm a covergirl snob and I like to give them the benefit of the doubt for most "waterproof" mascaras that ultimately leave you with smudgy eyes, because they're not truly waterproof. That is not the case with this product! You can shower with it on. I've done it. It does not smudge or come off unless you use a makeup removing product. LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara. I've tried other waterproof mascaras with Covergirl and this is the only one that is truly waterproof. I wear contacts and require eye drops throughout the day, so waterproof mascara is essential. I've complained to Covergirl on the occasions that I've had a disappointing experience and they are so great at making up for it. They go above and beyond for customer service and have exchanged coupons or gift cards for the products I've not been happy with.
Jennifer S.
I have tried almost every LashBlast mascara, and I still think the original orange tube is the best. Sometimes I wonder why brands try and come out with different varieties of a product when it's hard to improve on how good the original is, and I think that's the case with this. The other versions aren't necessarily bad, but I always seem to get the best results with the original LashBlast. The brush isn't normally what I would go for in a mascara (short, plastic-y bristles) but they do give pretty nice results. It's not the best at lengthening lashes, but it's very good at giving volume with very little clumping. I never get spidery looking lashes with this mascara and it coats lashes evenly. My opinions are mixed on the other LashBlast mascaras but I will always recommend this one; it is nearly perfect.
Mariangeli P.
Mariangeli P.
Doral, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have tried almost every LashBlast mascara, and I still think the original orange tube is best. Sometimes I wonder why brands try and come up with different varieties of a product when it is difficult to improve what good the original, and I think that's the case with this. The other versions are not necessarily bad, but always seem to get the best results with the original LashBlast. The brush is not normally what would be in a mascara (short, bristle plastic-y) but they give quite good results. Not the best in lengthening eyelashes, but it's great to add volume with little clumping. I never spider looking lashes with mascara and evenly coats lashes. My opinions are mixed in the other masks LashBlast but always will recommend it; it is almost perfect.
Larri J.
Larri J.
Prestonsburg, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! I've been using this product since I was in the 8th grade, I'm now 22. This mascara has always been one of my favorites and I'll probably never stop buying it! It doesn't clump up and it gives your lashes so much volume also making them look longer at the same time! I honestly have nothing to complain about when it comes to this mascara! Removal is easy! It runs around $8 dollars but my favorite thing about this product is covergirl usually has a two pack with a mechanical eyeliner for around $15 dollars which is an awesome deal! I'd recommend this product to anyone, and I'd also recommend getting the two pack, you'll save a little money and it'll be worth it because I'm sure you'll fall in love with this product as well!
amanda b.
amanda b.
Englewood, FL
I'm very picky about anything I put near my eyeballs because I wear contacts. If I get any type of infection in my eye/eyes I would not be able to do anything even drive because I'm blind. When I purchase any type of makeup I'm always scared it will be bad and cause problems with my eyes. When I found this mascara I had heard nothing but good things from friends and they were right. It goes on smoothly, it doesn't chunk up, last all day, and I don't have to apply 4 times before it actually looks black. I have very thin light colored lashes but when I apply it makes them look really full and you can see them very well. Now this is the only mascara I will use.
Nancy G.
Nancy G.
Murrieta
I am really OCD about about my mascara. My product has to really be able to live up to what it says it will do or it goes straight into the garbage pile. When I was younger any mascara would do... Not anymore. I now want a mascara that will give me added length and be able to fan my lashes out to give me a fuller look. Covergirl's Lashblast does exactly what it says it will do. It is a staple in my makeup routine. This product is amazing and reasonably priced. I usually almost always buy the waterproof one. If you are diligent in watching sales or you are into clipping coupons you can get the mascara even cheaper which just sweetens the purchase.
Geidy G.
Geidy G.
Watertown, WI
I usually use this mascara duo which has a translucent gel & one with fibers. I really like my mascara but I can never finish off the look without cleaning it up a bit. A.k.a. taking out the clumps of fibers and spreading them out evenly so it won't look patchy.
This mascara has changed my look so much. My eye lashes went from clumpy and choppy looking to long and pretty. I really do enjoy this as my last step but the con is that I don't really use it as a mascara alone. I usually pair it with my duo. The mascara alone I feel like it applies too thin & my eyelashes do not feel long enough. Overall if you wear one under, it's a must have.
Blanca C.
Blanca C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you guys prefer the original or the waterproof?
Lindsay H.
Lindsay H.
Roanoke, VA
Who loves it?! :D
Lindsay M.
Lindsay M.
Fairfax, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
There is so much rave about this product. Is it really worth buying?
Marie T.
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
What was your result after you apply the mascara?
Jessica F.
Jessica F.
Las Vegas, NV
How do you keep your mascara from crumbling? for some unknown reason any kind I use seems to crumble a bit and get into my eyes...