Add a Photo

By COVERGIRL
#2 in Mascara

LashBlast® Volume is an iconic, award-winning mascara that combines advanced brush technology and a unique volumizing formula for thick and full lashes. In just a few quick strokes lashes are blasted with instant drama!

LashBlast's patented volume-boosting hypoallergenic mascara formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big-lash look.

Photos (515)
Taniyra R.
Taniyra R.
Charlotte, NC

Covergirl Lashblast Volume is an iconic mascara. It comes in a big orange tube, the kind you can throw in your handbag and never lose. The brush is quite large and made of plastic. The 'spikes' are quite short, but there are plenty of them. The large brush is still easy to use, even on my small eyes, and I put this down to the shortness of the 'spikes'. I simply use one coat of this mascara, and it provides both length and volume to my lashes. It makes my eyes pop and makes me look very bright-eyed and awake. It is great for everyday looks, as it enhances your eyes without making you look very 'made up'. It enhances your eyelashes, though for evenings out I prefer a mascara which provides a bit more of a dramatic false-eyelash look. Lashblast Volume though has a great formula which applies easily, dries quickly and lasts all day without smudging or smearing - even in the heat. This is a great mascara and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to make their eyes pop.I read the reviews on this prior to purchasing, due to the fact, I have such small lashes I am constantly trying to find some kind of mascara that makes them look longer and fuller. So when this came in I went straight to a mirror to try it out. There are a few things you need to watch when using this product.
Jennifer S.

This is easily one of the best drugstore mascaras on the market today. There's a reason it has inspired a few different and newer versions (Clump Crusher, Full Lash Bloom, the Super Sizer, etc) but nothing compares to the original orange tube. The others are decent but this is the only one I come back to repeatedly. The wand is a bit thicker than most mascaras so that can take a little getting used to, and the brush doesn't have large fluffy bristles, but rather short rubbery ones, which isn't too common. But somehow it works. The results are pretty instant, with lashes appearing thicker and fuller with one coat, not multiple coats like some other mascaras. I think the main result of this is volume, not so much length, but just use an eyelash curler with it and you're good to go. This is one of a few drugstore mascaras that are actually comparable to high-end pricey ones. I'll experiment with other mascaras but I always come back to this one at some point because it's just that good.
Megan B.
Megan B.
Foothill Rnch, CA

I was surprised by how much I liked this mascara. I really expected not to like it. The first time I tried it there was clumping I realized it was because I was using the Nyx skinny mascara as one of my primers and mythat formula was just too wet still and I was clumping my lashes.When I tried it with the Tarte primer it looks so much better. I really thought that the color was really great. My main complaint is it did not lengthen as much as I wanted it to but I knew that it was a volumizing formula and it wasn't going to give me that extra long lashes. Still this is better than some of them high and mascara I've tried recently. I have issues with finding mascara in the creases of my eylids and under my eyes I didn't get that with this one. If you need more len gth a lash curler and primer is a must. The want because it is rubber with small bristles is good because it makes it hard to get clumps or apply too much with one stroke a quaity you do not see on many high end wands.
yolanda p.
yolanda p.

Lily V.
Lily V.
Fort Myers, FL

I'm not too surprised at the mixed reviews.. Like any other makeup item, everyone is very particular about their favorite mascara and seems to love or hate any given variety. I happen to really love this one, and I (like everyone else) have tried a lot! Since their conception, I have preferred this type of applicator to the classic "brush" - I feel like it causes fewer clumps and defines my lashes better. Among all of the different "blasts" from CG, I like this volumizing formula the most. My lashes are already pretty long, so I like to beef them up and I think this does an awesome job of that. The Very Black color is just that, and even though this is not a waterproof formula, it stays on very well for me and does not smudge or run. The 3-pack is a great price.

And as a note, obviously if you've never tried a product before you should probably test out a single first before buying a multi-pack!
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
Bay City, MI

I am giving this one a 4 star for two different reasons. First of all, I bought the original and used many tubes of it. I loved it! It works so beautifully on my lashes. The only downfall that I had with it is that it did smudge and give me the "raccoon" eyes after a long days wear. So I opted to buy the water proof one to curb that. It was wonderful and didn't smudge or give me that "raccoon" look after a full day's wear which is awesome and what I wanted. The negative side for me is, is didn't make my lashes look like the original did. I felt like the formula was more watery and thinner. I noticed if I tried to re apply more, my lashes turned spidery instantly. I'm going to let it sit for a little while and see if that helps, but if they combined the feeling and volume of the first one, with the amazing staying power of the second, I would be giving 5 starts all the away around.
Karen B.
Karen B.
Crestview, FL

This is the best mascara I've ever used. I'm a covergirl snob and I like to give them the benefit of the doubt for most "waterproof" mascaras that ultimately leave you with smudgy eyes, because they're not truly waterproof. That is not the case with this product! You can shower with it on. I've done it. It does not smudge or come off unless you use a makeup removing product. LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara. I've tried other waterproof mascaras with Covergirl and this is the only one that is truly waterproof. I wear contacts and require eye drops throughout the day, so waterproof mascara is essential. I've complained to Covergirl on the occasions that I've had a disappointing experience and they are so great at making up for it. They go above and beyond for customer service and have exchanged coupons or gift cards for the products I've not been happy with.
Catherine Z.
Catherine Z.
Hawthorne, NJ

A tried and true mascara! I have been using this mascara since high school and it has NEVER FAILED. The thick wand allows for even application and even after a few months of using the mascara and it never dried out and never leaves my lashes clumpy.  The waterproof version is amazing as well and has lasted me through prom, high school/college graduations, and weddings. I have pretty long eyelashes and even the most high end mascaras leave my eyelashes looking spider-y. The only thing is I would caution reapplying this mascara midday. I like this mascara because I don't have to reapply throughout the day, but if you do, the wand is quite thick and doesn't allow you to get in between lashes after they already have a coat of mascara. Otherwise you will not be disappointed with this mascara! I have purchased at least 10 in my lifetime!
Jennifer S.

I have tried almost every LashBlast mascara, and I still think the original orange tube is the best. Sometimes I wonder why brands try and come out with different varieties of a product when it's hard to improve on how good the original is, and I think that's the case with this. The other versions aren't necessarily bad, but I always seem to get the best results with the original LashBlast. The brush isn't normally what I would go for in a mascara (short, plastic-y bristles) but they do give pretty nice results. It's not the best at lengthening lashes, but it's very good at giving volume with very little clumping. I never get spidery looking lashes with this mascara and it coats lashes evenly. My opinions are mixed on the other LashBlast mascaras but I will always recommend this one; it is nearly perfect.
Sarah D.
Sarah D.

First off, you should know that I'm a make-up junkie. I buy a lot of it and love to experimentmostly because I'm always searching for the "Holy Grail" of everything! I've been using this mascara for the last several years. Even during this time, I've purchased other brands from designer to drug store, just in case something better is out there. Well for me, there isn't. I honestly love this mascara. Sure the wand can be a PITA for many peoplethe tip is hard to reach corner baby lashesand the tube seems to dry out quickly,BUT those issues are minor for me when I consider the fact that
1) it applies nicely without crazy clumps
2) it's buildable, so if I really want those doll lashes I can add coat over coat and still look great
3) it doesn't flake all over my face
4) very affordable
Blanca C.
Blanca C.

Do you guys prefer the original or the waterproof?
Lindsay H.
Lindsay H.
Roanoke, VA

Who loves it?! :D
Lindsay M.
Lindsay M.
Fairfax, VA

There is so much rave about this product. Is it really worth buying?
Marie T.
Marie T.
Avondale, LA

What was your result after you apply the mascara?
Jessica F.
Jessica F.
Las Vegas, NV
How do you keep your mascara from crumbling? for some unknown reason any kind I use seems to crumble a bit and get into my eyes...

Join Now