BY COVERGIRL

Calling all Katy Kats! Our new Katy Kat Demi-Matte Lipstick is a purr-fect collection of velvety soft and luscious-feeling lipsticks with a demi-matte finish created by the one-and-only Katy Perry. With 11 shades in all, discover a new matte lip look you’ll love that’s not flat or dry.

• I would like to try this product this year in 2017 and I was wond...1 Answers
  • Is the formula really good for these? Are they really matte as st...3 Answers
  • Are the lipsticks drying on the lips? Also, does the application ...4 Answers
Vancouver, WA
I have the following shades: Kitty Purry, Maroon Meow and Cosmo Kitty. Before I get started i do want to say the following: Maroon Meow is SUPER Purple and does not look like that before you buy it. Please be aware, I wasn't and I was looking for a reddish brown. But it's still a great color. Let me start by saying that I am not a Katy Perry fan. I think her music is not the best but I understand why people like it. I'm not a hater, just not a fan. When I heard this collection was amazing I was like ok, but do I really want a celebrity lipstick? My answer should have been YES! I bought two on a whim, the two purples and fell in love with the formula, the color payoff, texture. Everything about these lipsticks are perfect for me. My goal is to buy each one so I can have the entire collection (except the black, can never see myself wearing that). They apply so easy, they wear even. Like it's a God send for a makeup newbie like me. The only downside is that I wanted a deep brown. 10/10
Miranda T.
Miranda T.
Reeseville, WI
I adore these lipsticks. I started out just buying the one, 'Pinky Paws' and fell in love with the formula of the lipstick and decided to just flat out buy all the colors that I like. So far I have six colors and am aiming to buy two more to complete my collection.

This lipstick is a semi-matte lipstick, not a matte nor a true shiny lipstick. The shea butter words amazing and moisturizes my lips every time I put it on my lips. It truly is amazing.

The longevity of this lipstick is come and go, depending on the colors. The lighter the color, the more I see it coming off. I just used the red lipstick (Cat Call) and found that it stained my lips nicely and wore a lot longer than any of the others. I'm excited to use that one for my Wonder Woman costume this coming August!

I'm really glad that I bought these lipsticks (from Wal-Mart) and will be doubling up on a couple so I don't have to scour the internet to buy them again.

Great lipsticks!
Abigail U.
Abigail U.
Hagerstown, MD

A great aspect to these products are their pigmentation! I find that they are very opaque on the lips, which is nice when you want a full-coverage lip look. The creamy texture does not sink into your lip lines, so you are able to get away with wearing these without a lip liner or primer. The color payoff is really impressive for a drugstore lipstick that is at such a budget-friendly price range. I want to try some of the other darker colors in the line as well to test for further consistency in formulation. The two colors I bought are extremely wearable and I did appreciate the fact that this range is comprised of mostly everyday shades that will work for a variety of skin tones. I always appreciate new product releases that include colors that you can actually wear in public to school or work. With that said, there are also some unconventional colors, including a black, that are available in the Cover Girl Kitty Kat matte range.
Olivia T.
Olivia T.
Blandon, PA
I currently own one shade in "kitty purry". Packaging is eye catching, as well as pleasing to touch with the matte cap. I found that the swatch at the bottom matched the color of the stick of lipstick itself, but was not exactly the same as the lip swatch. This is because it is a creamy (almost balmy) demi- or semi-matte. The color actually matches my natural lip shade so I find myself in great like with this product. It wears so comfortably, you'll forget you have anything on, but you'll only get a few hours of wear really. The smell is a sugary sweet take on the classic lipstick smell you may even recognize from other Revlon lip wear. I've compared it to "20" from the Star Wars the Force Awakens and in my opinion the formula is the same. I enjoy this product, I just think I would enjoy it more if it were a a different color to compliment my cool undertones rather than my natural lip shade.
Amy C.
Amy C.
My best friend is absolutely obsessed with Katy Perry so anytime I see something related to her I am intrigued. Katy has been a covergirl for a while now, and I was very excited to see that they have come out with new lipsticks to cater to the "matte" lipstick trend. I purchased 2 colors from Walmart. I tend to like darker colors on my lips so I went with "Catoure" and "Kitty Purry" I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the packaging. The sleek white with the color on the bottom is adorable. Very simple, very clean. I do however have an issue when it comes to the formulation of these lipsticks. Covergirl chooses to market these lipsticks and "Demi-matte" when in reality they are creamy lipsticks. Yes, they are comfortable on the lips rather than a true matte that tends to be drying. I love the colors, the packaging but the formula is awful and bleeds heavily. Nice try though!
Angel W.
Angel W.
Chester, PA
I don't hate this lipstick, but it's definitely not a favorite. They had all the shades available at Target, but I settled on just trying on Kitty Purry because it looked like a mauve color and I don't have a color like that. Well, I was surprised to find out that it isn't mauve at all; it's pink. It resembles Stormy Pink by Revlon. The finish isn't really matte. It goes on soft and like satin, and that's really the finish. It doesn't actually dry down completely until a few hours of wear/a few transfers. Which brings me to another thing: it's not transfer proof.

Now I get that it is a cheap lipstick, but it is disappointing that this is almost $7 when I can get a $5 lippie from Colourpop that is actually matte and won't transfer. I will definitely wear this lipstick again ( I mean, I paid for it!) but it doesn't win any points with me.
ShawnTe P.
ShawnTe P.
Elkton, MD
This is just okay. I purchased Maroon Meow and Catoure from Walgreens where they cost $8.50 each. It dries to a a semi-matte. It is very comfortable to wear. However, it does not apply evenly. It transfers very easily. Even after it dried to its final matte level (not a flat matte at all), color wears off if you press your lips together. It can be saved if you layer it. My normal method of liner fill in, lippie, blot, lippie again does the trick. When you layer the color lasts a lot longer. You still will have transfer but the color doesn't noticeably wear for a good three hours. The colors I have are gorgeous though. The colors bring my rating up to a 4 instead of it being a 3. I think they should go down on the cost by a dollar because you need to do too much to get the product to last.
Jessica O.
Jessica O.
I am by no means a Katy Perry fan girl, quite the opposite. But even though I a not a fan of her music, I have got to admit she's always has fun with her looks, so I impulsively grabbed a tube of #kittypurry on my way to pay for some prescriptions. The color is damn close to my natural lip tone, so for a nude, that's pretty cool. But I think they have a lot of nerve calling this #matte. I'd say it is more of a #satin finish, for that I am giving it 4 stars. I've had it on for a couple of hours & I will say it hasn't been drying. If you're looking for a true, flat color which is what a true #matte #lipstick is, than this is not for you. But if you're looking for a decently pigmented lipstick with not a lot of shine at an affordable price, give this a look-see.
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
I picked this up at Target in a few shades on a whim because obviously, how could you not? Like most drugstore lipsticks, there's no way to swatch, and I'm new to this formula, so I just grabbed a couple. The colors are nice, if not a little to the generic side, and the payoff is just okay. The price point is great (I think I paid $6.99 each), especially for a celebrity line, and it's fun to have the opportunity to get some black and bold corals from an inexpensive line. I did find them to be a little drying, especially since they don't dry down to a 'true' matte, but it wasn't anything that a little more moisturizing couldn't have taken care of. I'd try other shades, but at this point, I think there are other drugstore options I'd reach for first.
Autumn B.
Autumn B.
I bought the shade Cat Call at my local Ulta. While I am liking it's finish and wear I feel really mislead by the packaging. Because at Ulta there are not testers or samples I had to choose my color based on what showed on the packaging (the strip at the bottom), this is not a true representation of color! Cat Call on the package looks to be a mauvy-pink, in reality it is neon! Since I do wear bold colors it's not a huge downer for me but it is upsetting to think you are getting one color and come out with something so very different. I plan on buying the shade Kitty Purry next and hopefully it's not so bright. Pictures included for shade reference. The lighting was bad but trust me the lips are way way brighter than what appears on the package.
Angela F.
Angela F.
When I wear matte lipsticks they leave my lips looking dry... Will this dry my lips?
Vancouver, WA
Out of all the colors do you have a must have or a must buy?
Lauren D.
Lauren D.
Conshohocken , PA
How drying is this lippy? Not sure if it's worth picking up on my next Target run. Thanks!
Tiffany S.
Tiffany S.
I have wanted to try this lipstick but I always have dry lips, does this help nourish lips as well as color them?
I heard about this product! Is it worth the money?