BY COVERGIRL

There’s the cat eye…and then there’s the Katy Kat Eye! Katy Kat Eye Mascara features a Sculpting Brush that sweeps lashes up and out, for full, lush voluminous lashes. Create a 360° cat eye that won’t smear, won’t smudge, but will definitely make other cats jealous! Also available in waterproof.

• Has anyone else had an extreme allergic reaction to this mascara?...7 Answers
  • I haven't been able to find this anywhere, anybody know where and...7 Answers
  • Does anyone have issues with this mascara with sensitive eyes?1 Answers
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
I'm really glad I read reviews of this mascara before I used it. Many reviewers said that it's clumpy and wet and gets too much product on the brush, and I find that to be true. If I wipe the excess off before I use it though, it's not horrible. As long as I do that before applying, I don't think it's the worst mascara in the world. But honestly, as far as what it does to lashes, it's not that good either. I think the brush is just a weird design and doesn't work. Maybe they were just trying to be innovative but it's a strange design and doesn't give any kind of spectacular results. I really thought this Katy collaboration was going to be good but this mascara is mostly a fail for me. No dramatic results like I would expect from something with Katy's name on it, just really... meh. I like a lot of volume and I didn't get that with this mascara. I got this for free but I don't think I'd recommend actually spending money on it.
Connie W.
Connie W.
Pros
Lengthening
Doesn't clump
Natural looking
Doesn't smudge (as much compared to other waterproof mascaras I've tried on my moist eye area)

Neutral
Dry formula

Cons
Could fan out the lashes more

Price
$8 for 0.35 oz / 10.5 ml

Verdict
I am pleasantly surprised by this mascara. I honestly just bought it bc it's new and the tube is cute, but any mascara that makes my lashes visible on top of eye makeup without clumping is good in my book. I think this is comparable to my holy grail (the Maybelline Lash Sensational), although the CoverGirl has a much drier formula, so it depends on what formula usually works better for you.
This Super Sizer is a bit more volumnizing but it clumps too much for my taste.

Repurchase?

Would I recommend it?
Amber Q.
Amber Q.
I bought this because I needed new mascara, I was very excited about it being Katy perry branded. well my first thought was YES look at that. Then I put it on my lashes, it immediately clumped up, it looked terrible. I went along with it because it was the only one I had. Needless to say trying to take it off was a joke. I used my make up pads, my oil, and the eye make up pads. Nothing took it off. It was forever imbedded in my eye lashes. I had to was my face with soap and water, and still had to pull the mascara off with my nails while wet. I plan on taking it back tomorrow. Terrible choice. Don't do it.
Jessica O.
Jessica O.
Hot damn! I have got to say I am highly impressed with this mascara. I was pretty skeptical pre-purchase as I usually don't fall for celeb endorsements & I am not exactly a Katy Perry fan girl. In fact, the only reason I bought this, other than the fact that I was feeling impulsive in Rite-Aid was that a friend of mine was raving about it. The brush & formula did a nice job of giving me a dense, sooty look that I like. Note: I did buy the waterproof formula because I have horrible allergies. My lashes are pretty stubby. I'd say this gave them a more full look, not necessarily a lengthening one.
Yajaira H.
Yajaira H.
Bronx, NY
I think one of the things I always use when I leave the house is an eye mask. Even if you do not use another make-up. And I love trying new brands and designs. Katy Kat Eye CoverGirl Mascara has a wide spiral-shaped brush that applies well but causes greater mess. The mascara gives volume and color but elongates the eyelashes very little. I do not love it because at the end of the day the mask disappears and my eyelashes lose volume and color. It's not my favorite but it has its attributes. It is likely that someone else will work better
Becca G.
Becca G.
Westfield , NJ
I was extremely disappointed in this product. I am huge Katy Perry fan and I was so excited about this product. I got the Perry blue color, when I opened up the tube there was a chemical aroma coming from it. The mascara was pretty dry. The color is not good at all. I curled my lashes and it took me 3 coats to get it looking good. After the coats the mascara was alright nothing special. I would not purchase this again. I was promised big Katy -like lashes and I'm thoroughly disappointed.
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
So I'm not gonna lie I can be a bit of a brand snob so I didn't know how this was going to go. I've had amazing cover girl experiences and bad ones this goes into the amazing category! It grabbed every lash, made my lashes longer added volume and is great for a daytime inhanced lash look. I personally enjoy a more dramatic eye lash look but considering the first time I wore it was my baby's 2nd birthday it was perfect! It takes your natural lash look at just enhances it beautifully!!
Rae Q.
Rae Q.
Norcross, GA
This was really disappointing to me, because I LOVED the Katy Perry matte lipsticks! I got this as part of the most recent Target beauty box and was so excited to try it and it's awful. The packaging says it has a 360 degree brush but it clearly doesn't. I think that's why it applied so heavily, as you can see on my eye. It's really not cute at all, and I wouldn't recommend it for the price. I don't get how that would do a cat eye, either, since that's more an eyeliner thing.
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
Boise, ID
I received this mascara in the August Target beauty box and it is terrible! The packing was nice but the mascara itself sucks. The wand in terrible! It's weird and twisted so there isn't bristles on the whole thing, which leaves my lashes gooey and wet. I've used Covergirl mascara in the past and thought it worked fine, but this stuff is awful. I'm just glad I got this as a sample and didn't waste my money on it! A different brush might make a difference.
Carrie B.
Carrie B.
Oak Park, MI
Not. A. Fan. I wanted to love this mascara. The package/tube design looks super-cool. It looked promising and who doesn't love a good cat eye? But the fluffy, twisted brush proved too difficult to use. I think it was too gimmicky to be effective. The brush made it easier to smear and my eyes did not pop. I don't think we should need an instruction vid to use a mascara. I got this in a #Targetbeautybox, which I paid for. I will not be buying again.
Tabitha N.
Tabitha N.
Hartford City, IN
Does this mascara work well? I have seen it at Walmart and Meijer and thought about trying it, but I am so stuck on Better Than Sex mascara I just never did. Worth the try?
Kinsley R.
Kinsley R.
Is this good mascara?
Cynthia J.
Cynthia J.
I haven't been able to find this anywhere, anybody know where and when?
casey M.
casey M.
Modesto, CA
Has anyone else had an extreme allergic reaction to this mascara? I was excited to try and it was all bad!my eyes swelled up got itchy and bruised. Took about a week to get back to normal. After swelling my eyelids dried up and peeled . eww... Anyone else?
Terra  W.
Terra W.
Oakman, AL
is this product good for people with sensitive eyes?