BY COVERGIRL #29 in Mascara

A breakthrough in no-clump mascara. Get 200% more volume and zero clumps. Features an innovative double-sided brush with lash-loading and clump-combing zones to crush clumps.

• What are your favorite mascaras? I've only tried one and it works...3 Answers
  • Best drugstore mascara for volume and thickness? I've tried COVER...3 Answers
  • Does anyone ever notice is different colors in this product work ...3 Answers
COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Mascara By LashBlast
  • "I liked the mascara it was light weight and made my lashes look good the only thing I disliked was the applicator it was very irritating because the bristles but I liked how it curved " in 5 reviews
Ashley D.
Arlington, MA
Review for: Very Black
I've used various CoverGirl mascaras over the years, and when Costco recently stopped selling them in bulk I turned to Amazon. This is the first time I've tried the "Clump Crusher," and I'm mostly happy. (I've never had clumping issues with other CG mascaras, but whatever.)

I appreciate a curved brush, so that's a big win for this one. The mascara is easy to apply -- just thick enough to coat the lashes and provide a little length, but not so thick that it gets clumpy or thick.

My one complaint is that it seems like the brush doesn't get fully coated inside the tube of mascara -- I can still see the green color of the bristles where there should actually be brown-black mascara coating it. With my other CG mascaras, this hasn't been a problem. It makes me feel like there's not enough mascara in this bottle (and this has happened since the first few times I used it). But it doesn't seem to be affecting the application, so four stars it is.
Katie L.
Bloomington, IN
Review for: Very Black
First things first, this mascara 100% backs up the claim that it does not clump. However, I do not particularly like it on its own. It doesn't make my lashes big or bold enough, but I am just one of those people who really likes huge crazy lashes, so if you like a more natural look, this mascara will probably be perfect for you. I like layering it over other mascaras to help separate my lashes more. It helps no matter which other mascara I am using, so that means pretty much every time I wear makeup, I use the Clump Crusher mascara. I am on either my second or third tube now, and I don't repurchase unless a product is REALLY awesome, so I would definitely recommend this either for layering or just wearing on its own, depending on your personal preference.
Cait C.
Fair Haven, VT
Review for: Very Black
This mascara is decent, it dried up so fast, that it was literally impossible to coat the brush within like 3 weeks. Either that or they don't fill the tubes like other mascaras. It does nothing for length or volume. If You already have long lashes and just want a subtle look, this will be fine. It doesn't build well, as it will end up clumping. It's a nice shiny black satin color, which I did like. I like the curved wand, it fits my eye shape nicely, and it make it easy, with a narrow tip to get in there and get the lower lashes, especially the inside corner. All in all, it did flake, and wasn't my favorite, but was ok for a quick non-dressy out the door fast mascara. Its cheap, so I guess you cant expect a miracle.
Carrie W.
Oakland, CA
This is by far the best mascara I have ever used. I like to consider a collector of mascaras. I have a collection of over 200 different brands. I like to try different brands and if they don't pass the test, they go in the bin. This is the only mascara I have consistently bought over and over again. It doesn't clump, even with 3+ coats and doesn't look spidery. It defines every lash and lengthens really well (for not being a lengthening mascara). Everyone is different in their mascara preferences because everyone has different lashes. This mascara works for everyone, in my opinion!
Brandy G.
Review for: Very Black
I love this mascara. I am someone who hates putting on mascara ans I am not too good at it. This one makes it easy and you don't even need to curl your lashes. It rally does not clump and curls your lashes. Its amazing and I find it to be better than all other mascaras I have tried. I would compare it to benefit's "they're real" that I also use, but the brush is different. It has the same type of effect though and is much cheaper! I like to always have a fresh one on standby when it feels like time to start a new one. Love this.
Leah P.
Glendale, AZ
THIS IS THE BEST MASCARA OUT THERE! I consider myself a mascara "experimenter" in the target aisles. I have tried just about every mascara under $9 in the grocery store aisles, and let me tell you this is the best stuff there is! I have yet to try anything else that even comes close to this stuff. It goes on perfectly without clumping, it lengthens my lashes beautifully while also adding fullness and volume. I seriously receive compliments on my lashes all the time. This is a must-have product that I can't go without!
Mirror M.
Tallahassee, FL
Review for: Black Brown
The curved brush helps curl and lengthens lashes, while the thick formula defines and volumizes. The bristles in the brush are so tiny and close together that even though the formula is thick, once applied, there are no clumps and you don’t get that unwanted spidery lash look.Layering this mascara is easy due to the short dry time, and because it’s so great at separating lashes, multiple layers won’t do anything but define your lashes more. I usually use this mascara if I want a lighter, more natural makeup look.
Misty C.
Alton, TX
Review for: Black Brown
When I got this product as a gift I was super so excited. This is the mascara you want to try if you want the clump lashes that everyone refers to as a spider lashes. Now if you don't like the style of spider lashes this mascara is not for you. I loved the color of the packaging of the mascara. Right away when I used it I got super volumized jet black lashes clumping together. The brush was kind of big, but it's suppose clump your lashes. I do recommend this mascara if your into clumping your eyelashes together.
Nicole E.
Appleton, WI
Review for: Black Brown
I have tried drug store mascaras and high end mascaras and yet I keep coming back to this one! I've tried other cover girl mascaras and this is by far my favorite. If you like your lashes to be separate and lengthened then this is perfect. It doesn't add a whole lot of volume, but I never have to deal with clumps. It holds a curl well and doesn't flake off. It also doesn't irritate my eyes. I've tried so many more expensive mascaras and I never like them as much as this one, so I will continue to repurchase!
mary p.
Augusta, GA
Review for: Very Black
COVERGIRL LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara - Very Black is one of my most favorite mascara of all I have heard such great things about this line of mascara so I decided to try out the Clump Crusher. This is the first mascara I have ever bought and the only one I have ever used since! I love the curved shape of the wand and the way it just fans out my eyelashes, making them look big and bold and beautiful! I like how the consistency is thin, so you can keep adding layers according to your liking.
Taylor H.
Is this good for my lashes looking fuller? What mascara is good for fuller lashes?
Sammo C.
Flushing, NY
Does it help with the length too?
Nancy P.
Chatham, ON
I bought this mascara and it made my lashes rock hard and spidery. I only applied 2 coats. Did this happen to anyone else?
Samantha R.
Weslaco, TX
Which mascara would you recommend?
Shan T.
Clopton, AL
I've been looking for a great mascara that doesn't clump up my lashes, so I was wondering does this COVERGIRL Clump Crusher mascara lives up to the hype???