BY COVERGIRL #40 in Liquid Foundation

A multi-tasking, oil-free collection that controls unwanted shine for an all-day matte look.

• Blended with oil-absorbing powders and skin conditioners to control shine without over-drying skin
  • A combination of water and silicone provides  smooth application that doesn’t feel heavy and cakey
  • Provides full coverage for a shine-free, matte appearance that helps you step up your natural, makeup look

Available in the following shades:

• Ivory
  • Soft Honey
  • Classic Tan
  • Tawny

COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Foundation
  • "As someone with oily skin (and the fact that this product is labelled as "oil-control"), I have to blot my face constantly." in 35 reviews
  • "couldnt find one that matched my skin tone it also made my face oily and break out would not recommend to some one with oily/combo skin" in 16 reviews
  • "This foundation is relatively cheap which is a plus and is medium coverage, but the product is very thick and sticky which is a downside." in 11 reviews
  • "This foundation is pretty good I use this everyday and it stays on nice and doesnt feel cakey or like your wearing a ton of makeup, very light, I have pretty sensitive skin but this is great!" in 10 reviews
  • "Didnt really do a great job with the oil control, but it had good coverage and his most imperfections." in 7 reviews
Vanessa P.
CoverGirl Clean Matte is a new product of Covergirl to people that suffer from oily skin as is said in the Web page is a formula free of oil that giuves you the perfect amount of covering to your skin tone, it hides imperfections, does not obstruct your skin for breathing and it keeps you without shine the entire day. I loved this foundation because when I pour it on my skin it gives a very natural look like #MakeupNOMakeup in a matte way, is not an obstruction cape on my face, I can feel my skin breathing, I also love the covering cause it hide all my imperfections those like little lunars, big pores and creaky skin. On my skin doesn't last the entire day, it last an approache of seven hours, this will be the only convenient of the product, it does do the most of the things it says about. The application is very simple with the beauty blender in less than five minutes it blends with your skin with a nice look , it has a cost of 7,99 $ and you can buy it in any farmacy
Kelsey W.
I just bought this today looking for a new foundation and I am in love! This product is just amazing and a must have! I have an oily combination type skin and this product got rid of all of the shininess on my face without over drying it and left it with a matte finish! I also have a lot of reddish tones in my face and this really evened out my skin leaving a natural look which I love! I also love that this product does not have parabens in it and does not clog up my pores. This is not full coverage but I love it because it is very light and not cakey but lasts all day. I put this product to the test and wore through my martial arts class just to see if it would last and it did! Even after I was sweating and I was impressed! I just wish this product had a hand pump to it instead but that is okay. I will definitely be buying this product again and is definitely worth the 5 bucks!
Brianna R.
When I first tried this foundation, I found myself falling in love. I have very bad combination skin with horrible oily patches that causes foundation to just rub off. I tried this foundation in the shade Buff Beige 525 and I instantly loved it so much. It's an affordable price, as you can find it at Meijer for about $6.00, and it really is worth the money. I would compare it to a lot of higher end foundations. It blends beautifully, doesn't show up cake-y, has a great color selection for girls like me, and just looks absolutely gorgeous on the skin. I couldn't be happier with this foundation that really does last all day and keeps your oil under control without sticking to dry spots. I highly recommend this foundation to everyone, especially to people with immensely oily skin.
Bethany F.
Waterford, CT
Sometimes it is difficult to find decent make-up at an equally decent price. Personally I go to COVERGIRL for most of my makeup needs. Not only is it priced well, and not only do they have nearly every color to match skin tone, but for my sensitive skin this works wonderfully. I am allergic to a derivative of many beauty products, I can't even tell you the number of times I started breaking out to lotions, foundations, concealers, powder or even mascaras. I can truly say that there is no concern when I use Covergirl. The only negative I will say is that the actual foundation has a weird smell to it initially, not a bad smell, just a weird smell. I still use this product on the regular!
Kathryn S.
I absolutely can't get over this foundation. I use it daily. The shade 520 creamy natural fits my skin tone perfectly. I always find that foundation is either too orange or doesn't match any hue to my pale skin. Covergirl killed it with this product. Not only do they have a wide variety of shades but the coverage is amazing. I have acne and acne scars covering my face and this covers them all with ease. I tried other foundation and found that my skin was left oily and felt like I needed to wash my face. Cover girls matte clean foundation stays matte and it makes you feel dry and clean all day. I will continue to buy this forever.
brandi b.
I tried this on a whim after finally getting a shade match and the only one in my shade kept oxidizing on me. I couldn't find one that "looked" my shade, and the shades were named differently so I figured it wouldn't work for me. but it totally did! I was so excited. it actually matches better than the one I switched from. and no oxidizing!! I get really good natural coverage. it's thinner than I'm used to, but it doesn't even register to me because I love it so much. I don't get mask face because it blends seamlessly. I probably won't ever switch from this, even though it is "drugstore" cosmetics.
Hunter J.
Review for: Buff Beige 525
This is by far my favorite 'drugstore' foundation. It applies relatively well and can be layered depending on how much coverage you need. It also came in a pale enough shade (505 is the color I use) that matched me. Often the lighten colors are still to dark for me, so I buy an ivory color only to come home and find it's still too dark. This foundation is light weight and not cakey, but it won't give you the absolutely perfect foundation look sadly. It's great though if you're on a budget or just starting out, and I still find myself reaching for it from time to time.
Leigh M.
I have been using this foundation now for about a month. The finish is matte and it has good coverage. I have combination skin and it's been great for me. The only problems I have with it would be that it's so liquidy! Almost like water liquid. Which is good for days when I need to build it up, but it's just not that great for applying. Also the smell makes me think of bug bite lotion. I can't really smell it once it's on my face, but just smelling the foundation from the bottle is gross. I might buy it again, but probably not. It's not bad.
Ashley W.
Deltona, FL
My face is very oily therefore I have problems with looking like a grease gun exploded on my face. When I found this foundation I figured it would be just like any other, boy was I wrong!! This is a true matte foundation. I love the coverage and the color is very true to my skin. The only problem I have with this foundation is that it only last about 8 hours before it starts to wear off. But that may just be something I've done wrong. I highly recommend this to all my friends that are oily and they all love it also.
LeeAnn C.
Not the best at all. The coverage is the greatest thing about this product: a solid 7.5 or 8 out of 10, in my opinion. However, the texture of it is weird; it doesn't apply well even with a beauty blender, and tends to look patchy and heavy. As it wears throughout the day, it tends to slide around; also, it somehow managed to look both cakey and oily on my face at the same time (???). For the same price, I highly recommend Maybelline's Fit Me foundation. Covergirl's Clean just isn't working.
Taylor W.
Courtenay
Whats the coverage on this product?
Shawna S.
Toronto, Ontario
Is this product long lasting?
Tanya J.
I have used only a few foundations ... I got this one it stays long but gets kinda smudgy and streaky . what can I do ??
Kendra S.
What is the difference between wearing the bb cream and the foundation? Which is better (coverage wise)?
Brandi B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does your face feel heavy after applying this makeup