COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Foundation

A multi-tasking, oil-free collection that controls unwanted shine for an all-day matte look.

• Blended with oil-absorbing powders and skin conditioners to control shine without over-drying skin
  • A combination of water and silicone provides  smooth application that doesn’t feel heavy and cakey
  • Provides full coverage for a shine-free, matte appearance that helps you step up your natural, makeup look

Available in the following shades:

• Ivory
  • Creamy Beige
  • Soft Honey
  • Classic Tan
  • Tawny

Does this product work well for combo skin?
How long does this lasts ?
Does anyone know of a good foundation for people with uncertain/double undertones COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Foundation ? Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation
Start your review of COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Foundation!
Product Highlights
“couldnt find one that matched my skin tone it also made my face oily and break out would not recommend to some one with oily/combo skin” in reviews
“This foundation is relatively cheap which is a plus and is medium coverage, but the product is very thick and sticky which is a downside.” in reviews
“Didnt really do a great job with the oil control, but it had good coverage and his most imperfections.” in reviews
“It took me a while to find the right shade of this makeup for my skin, but once I did, I stopped using all over foundations.” in reviews
“It's a nice foundation that's very light but some days my face is still oily and then others it's not.” in reviews
Waco, TX
Review for: Buff Beige
I started my makeup journey with Covergirl, and I still go back to them when I need something tried and true in a hurry. Their colors haven’t changed since my high school days, and they use the same color names for all of their foundation and powder products. They’re also decently priced and have a pretty okay color range for lighter skin tones. They’ve made some progress with darker skin tones, but they still have a long way to go. Their clean foundation has a nice feel and decent coverage, but there’s a very strong peroxide odor that can make it less than pleasant to use. I’m hoping they’ll improve the formula in the future. I loving having an oil free option for summer weather. Pro tip: if you need an oil free foundation, check the shelves for a similar bottle that says “oil free” instead of “clean.” Your sense of smell will thank you.
Brownsville , TX
COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Foundation uploaded by Ana S.
Purchased at: Walmart
I oginally picked up this foundation at the drugstrore because it was cheap and I thought it would help with my oily face. Now I know why it was cheap. It is very liquidy and it doesn't have much coverage. You have to apply a good amount to have a significant amount of coverage. I also don't like the packaging because you have to tip the bottle to get the product out. Worse part, this, like all CoverGirl foundations makes me break out. Overall, I don't recommend it if you're prone to breakouts.
Lincoln, NE
Review for: Classic Ivory
I am obsessed with this liquid foundation. I started buying it because it wasn't overly expensive and as a high schooler I had no clue what kind to ever even buy so I just grabbed one and tried it out and now I use it every time I put make up on. It makes my skin tone pretty well and blends nicely. It isn't the type of foundation that feels too heavy, but my one observation I have made over the years is that sometimes it makes my skin pretty dry. Not every time but especially in the winter when it is so cold and dry, the liquid foundation looks extremely dry after a few hours right on my forehead. Otherwise it is one I highly recommend.
Ovilla, TX
I really like this Covergirl Clean Matte Liquid foundation! I have a very oily t-zone and sensitive skin; this foundation is oil-free and non-comedogenic and works well on my skin. I enjoy that is water-based and looks great on my skin. I apply it first with a foundation brush and then use my beauty sponge to blend it in. I also set it with a translucent setting powder and I can usually go about four hours before needing to add a bit more powder. It is lightweight, blends beautifully, and doesn't clog my pores. I will be repurchasing! COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Foundation
Tucson, AZ
Review for: Ivory
My go to drug store brands of foundation, I’ve been using it as my every day option since I was a teenager. While I have other options I use specifically for photoshoots, events & other special occasions, they are pricier and the benefits they provide are not practical for every day wear. That’s where COVERGIRL comes in. I find it to be lightweight, easy to blend & enjoy the coverage it offers without appearing cakey. The foundation itself feels pleasantly dewy on my face & is the perfect base for my everyday makeup regimen!
Fullerton , CA
Review for: Classic Ivory
I purchased this at Walmart in-store in the shade Classic Ivory. This matte foundation is the only one that I can get closest to match my skin tone. It can build to achieve full coverage depending on how much product you use. I usually use a dime sized amount. The packaging is okay, the only thing I would improve is adding a pump dispenser because the foundation can get messy! I would recommend this shade for light/fair skin tones.
Bothell, WA
Review for: Classic Ivory
I’ve tried several foundations and I feel like I found the right one with this cover girl product. The color works perfectly for me and it doesn’t take much at all to provide good coverage. It has a nice consistency. I usually get classic Ivory #510. I just love this product. It took me a while to find a good foundation for my skin, but now I just can go online and reorder another foundation without even having to leave home.
Gassville, AR
Review for: Ivory
I normally don't like drugstore foundations and this is a good example of why. I have very dry and sensitive skin & this foundation burns and stings when I wear it. After I take my makeup off my skin starts to flake from being so dry. It looks so cakey on my skin and rubs off on to all of my clothes. I give it 2 stars because it does match my skin tone well. I would NOT recommend to anyone with skin dry & sensitive like mine.
Akron, OH
COVERGIRL Clean Matte Liquid Foundation uploaded by Diana P.
Review for: Soft Honey
I did not like that this product made my face feel a little bit oily but I liked the fact that this product is something you could use everyday and not feel bad about it getting lower and lower compared to an expensive brand that you would only like to use during special occasions to make it last longer before it expires of course. I recommend this product to anyone looking for an affordable foundation.
Pittsburgh
Review for: Ivory
I used this growing up and was fine with it. Back then, I was a beginner to make up and there weren’t so many options. It was fine for a high school girl to use, and the clean formula was much better for my sensitive skin than the regular oil-free version. These days, there are much better options to choose from at all price points, so I wouldn’t reach for this. But it got the job done when I was 15!

112 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Leland, NC
fanwood
il y a 10 mois
chayla P. • il y a 2 mois
It makes your pores look bigger and it makes you skin very dry