BY COVERGIRL #1 in BB Cream

COVERGIRL’S Clean Matte BB Cream is an oil-free formula that provides the perfect amount of coverage to even skin tone, hide blemishes, won’t clog pores and keeps you shine-free all day long.

• Is this cream oily?25 Answers
  • Anybody tried this? Is it full coverage?4 Answers
  • Does this oxidize? I really wanna try it out but every Covergirl ...1 Answers
Hannah D.
Advance, NC
I had low expectations for this BB Cream because many of the drugstore BB Creams on the marker right now are lacking in quality. This cream was pleasantly surprising. It has the coverage of a light to medium coverage foundation yet it is still light weight. It's more on the thin side but isn't streaky when using a stippling brush. I wouldn't recommend using a Beauty Blender with this product unless you're hoping to get a lighter coverage look. The best method I found for application was with a dense synthetic flat top brush. The product claims to be matte but doesn't stay matte all day. In my more oily areas like around my nose and forehead  the product started to wear away. I will say that my typical day was 8+ hours so I was not looking for a light weight foundation but even with the amount of setting and blotting I did throughout the day, it was still pretty oily. I will say that the color match was pretty good for a BB Cream. Typically it's difficult to find complexion products that aren't too orange looking or grey tone but this one did a pretty good job.This product, in my opinion, would be best for someone looking for a lightweight, light coverage look to last them about 5 hours in a sweat free situation.
Tiffanie K.
Valdosta, GA
Review for: Fair
The performance of this product all depends on your skin type.

For a while when my skin was just normal, I loved this product and even bought a backup that I got half-way through. You can apply this with your hands, use a beauty blender, or a brush, and you only need a light layer of powder to set this BB cream.

Over the past year my skin has gotten dryer and I just can't pull off this product anymore. I have dry patches after a few hours of wear, it looks cakey in some areas, and it just isn't flattering on my skin anymore.

I recommend this product to oily, combo, and normal skin types.
Colleen K.
Blacksburg, VA
Review for: Fair
This product is nearly perfect! If you struggle from oily skin (even in the slightest), consider giving this a try. This BB Cream will last me all day long when applied with primer, powder, and setting spray. I love how natural it looks while still being a true matte foundation. I have combination oily skin, and it even applies well on top of my dry skin patches!

I would like to add that this BB cream is more like a foundation than a BB cream. It has awesome coverage and applies just as well as other foundations (drugstore and high-end) that I have used. The biggest downside to this product is the shade range. I initially bought "light" since I am usually "light" in most foundations, but I had to go back to CVS and purchase "fair" which is a better shade match for me. "Fair" is not great for very pale skin, though. There also aren't very many dark shades, which is disappointing coming from a big name like Covergirl.

I would highly suggest this product if you're looking for a drugstore foundation to solve your oily skin troubles! It's lightweight, sensitive, and stays matte. Also, you can't beat the price which is between $7-$8.
Barbara S.
Chico
Review for: Fair
This is my holy grail “foundation”. I saw review online and decided that for the price, I’d give it a go. I haven’t cared for CG foundations in the past, but decided to try it. I love it! It dries down matte very quickly and covers almost all of the discoloration on my face. I can wear it for 12+ hours with no issues as long as I set it lightly with powder before I head out. A couple small gripes and my reasoning for only 4 stars: the shade range is incredibly lacking. There needs to be a wider range to suit all skin tones. This product also more of a foundation than a BB cream in my opinion. It is medium to fill coverage and I absolutely use it as a stand alone foundation. Lastly, this product does oxidize a small amount. If I apply too much product, I do at times notice a slight discoloration around the neck area after a while. This is frustrating as I use the lightest shade. It matches perfectly upon application but ends up just slightly too dark.
evelise n.
Review for: Medium
I love love love this product with a passion. This product lasts me the whole entire day. Its extremely easy to apply and blend with your face. This definitely has sun protection. My sister when out and bought one because she loved how it turned out on me. Great coverage. Awesome for school as well, long wear.
LaDasha S.
Review for: Deep
The color is a little off on this B.B. cream, but honestly it doesn’t matter. I live the product, but it could be a little better. I wore this and a mixture of Ready Set Flawless in my senior pictures and it looked amazing except the fact that mixing it caused oiliness. For best results use this with the entire mattifying line. If not you disturb the formula and may end up looking greasy.
Mackenzee S.
Evansville, IN
Review for: Light
I do like this BB cream, however, I have very oily skin and this will not stay on my face for very long. The second I touch my face, it comes off. I think the formula needs a little work. It has a nice finish when you first put it on, but it doesn’t last too long (on me). I wish it worked better for me, because I love the finish and the price! COVERGIRL Clean Matte BB Cream
kao (.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Fair
Let me tell you if you have never tried this before you have to. I do not need much coverage I just want something to make my skin tone even and this omg is the best everyday type of thing that I love. Of course I would defiantly keep purchasing this product.
Cecilia T.
Blaine
Review for: Light
I’ve been using this all through the summer months and I’ve been enjoyed it a lot. It has become my new everyday foundation. I enjoy the fact that it keeps my skin matte better than most other products do and my face looks smooth all day long. I have very sensitive and acne prone skin and it has not broken me out. I need a lot of coverage so I am someone who has to build two layers, I’d say it’s medium coverage otherwise but it is easily blendable and buildable. The cons of this product for me is that it does transfer easily for me (ie it comes off when I dab the oil off my face/other people when hugging) and it’s too dark for me so I have to mix in a foundation lightener (though I’m Fair there’s definitely people who are paler than I am.)
Madison B.
Tacoma, WA
Review for: Light/Medium, Medium
YAAAAASSSSSSS. Finally a BB cream that works for me and my skin !!! This is soooo great. It's perfect for oily skin and it's actually super long lasting and build-able if need be. It feels super light and hydrating. I just picked this up one day day to try it out and now I'm literally in love. This is my go to for everyday. Especially while I'm in school if I'm not trying to do a full face or heavy face of makeup. I love this. I honestly reccomend this to anyone. And I will totally be continuing to buy this as long as they are carrying it because I love it. I got mine at my local Walgreens for I want to say around $6-8 so I'm sure it's just about anyways and super affordable. Seriously a great product !!
Shameca H.
Griffin, GA
Is this cream oily?
Tylar S.
Would you recommend this for people with oily skin?
Angie S.
iva, SC
How good is this?
Eli G.
Im a bigginer and learning about makeup is bb cream the same as foundation?
Andrea B.