BY COVER FX

• When setting the under eye, does anyone's eyes start wate...2 Answers
  • Will this make your makeup look cakey after application?1 Answers
Katie W.
Sterling, VA
I recently bought this with the Sephora VIB sale not long ago. I have been using this consistently for the last two weeks and have enjoyed it. In comparison to the Hourglass setting powder, this one is decent but does not hold up as well as Hourglass. But keep in mind we would be comparing a high end to a low end or maybe even mid end powder. This powder was approximately $34 I believe? And Hourglass is $46. Hourglass is considered a high end luxury brand. I like the Cover FX as something to go with if I don't want to spend the $46 (plus tax) on a setting powder. But I will say that the Cover FX is unique in the canister it comes in. It has a twist top like most powders and then the top is covered to avoid spills, which I love! Especially since I travel alot it snaps in place to keep your powder from spilling all over. It has a silky smooth texture to it and is super soft. I only gave this 4 stars because it did not hold up as nicely for baking my foundation in comparison to my Hourglass powder. Overall, it is a great powder and would compare nicely against Tarte's Smooth Operator setting powder or Laura Mercier.
Kizette D.
Warner Robins, GA
This has been my HG setting powder for a while, especially in the summer months. I loved how it gave a matte finish without looking powdery or unnatural. In the winter months, my skin is quite dry, and I find I can only use this powder on my nose and chin (where I'm oily) or it adds to the dryness on the rest of my face. Lately I have been noticing that this powder is irritating to my skin, especially around my nose. I don't know if this is caused by the powder specifically or perhaps my toner, moisturizer, or foundation, but after applying this the sides of my nose always become itchy. Again, my skin is extremely sensitive so this could be any product, but it seems to worsen after applying this product.
Alanna S.
Bryan, TX
This is pretty good setting powder if you want a slightly less matte finish. I have oily skin, so it’s hard for me to achieve a natural look without looking dried out. (With a lot of products I’ve tried, I’m either completely mattified, or still looking like a puddle instead of dewy...) This setting powder is finely milled and doesn’t leave any white case on your face. It’s a natural color that stays well on my face and keeps my face looking fresh for a good 8 hours or so. It’s also easy to reapply. The fallout is not as bad as my other favorite setting powder (tarte Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder). I’ll definitely keep this in my makeup rotation.
Jalisa L.
Austin, TX
This is my first time trying a setting powder, I use lock It foundation and i have very oily skin which shows after a couple of hours of wear. Due to the great coverage of the foundation I didn't want to switch to something else but rather find a way to make it lasting. This powder does just that, when I tried it on my bare skin i could immediately see the blurring effects it left for me and I knew I had found my go to product. I am still working on finding the best way to apply (currently use E.l.f. blurring brush) but nonetheless it holds my makeup
Sierra S.
Shelbyville, KY
This is the HOLY GRAIL of setting powders for me. I have trouble finding ones that don't look cakey on my oily skin and make my oily skin look ten times worse than it already is. The benefit is this also is the only brand that hasn't broken me out. I have super sensitive skin, so I have to try everything first before making an actual purchase. I love this product and I always recommend it to my clients who have sensitive skin just like me.
Sidney R.
Definitely a wonderful brand, especially for those sensitive skin types, even those with severe skin issues, whether it be acne, scarring, pigment discoloration, etc. It was oddly gentle enough for those with skin concerns, but also such high quality & heavy duty properties to truly cover, conceal, & stay-all-day for a rare combination that most cosmetic brands can't seem to nail. The setting powders are no exception; they are definitely great to seal on any foundation, concealer, or even just to wear alone to give a polished look on those days you don't quite feel like wearing or doing makeup, but also don't want to step out of the house "in the nude." Setting powder is a must if you're wearing any CoverFX foundation, especially creamy compact foundation, but it can absolutely be worn over foundation from any number of brands. It's a great product from a great makeup company that I truly trust.
Christine V.
This product is gentle on my skin as I have very sensitive, oily and acne prone skin.  It works well on my oily skin to reduce some of the shine with the matte properties of this powder. Decent price. My only con as with most translucent powders is the mess that they make with the powder going everywhere.  Hopefully it’s not just me!  I do recommend this product ecspecially for anyone with sensitive or acne prone skin!
Nichole J.
I was so excited when I first bought this after hearing so much about it. When I first put this powder on my face looks amazing it’s very soft and matte and the powder is beautiful. However, after a few hours it starts to cake up around my nose area and makes my foundation look horrible. I don’t know if it’s my skin type or the foundation which I use multiple kinds and all of them have had the same result with this specific powder.
Leslie R.
Gibsonville, NC
After years of using the Laura Mercier setting powder, I decided to give others a try and I am so glad that I did. This is a great matte finishing powder especially in this hot weather. It makes my skin look so good as well. A little goes a long way! I haven’t tried it in the winter when my face is a little dryer, i have heard it’s too drying in the winter. However I tend to change my makeup routine every winter so I don’t mind using another one.
Blaire M.
Philadelphia
I don't get it. This stuff has the best reviews so I bought, but it left me with cakey, uneven crinkly under eyes and took my fresh glowy foundation down to dull. Very silky soft, I just don't like the look on me. Going to Kiko radiant fusion powder since it's a better price, a color and better texture on my face. For reference, Laura Mercier powder doesn't work for me either. Sadly, returning this back to Sephora.
Taylor p.
I would love to know how this product works? Looking for s good translucent powder!!
Maegan R.
Grand Rapids, MI
How well does this work? Every powder I use, leaves a pink tint to my face. Any suggestions or tips?
Caitlin C.
Vallejo, CA
I'm curious to know if this leaves a white cast when used for baking?
Tayler J.
When setting the under eye, does anyone's eyes start water when using this product ??
Vicky T.