BY COVER FX

Description:

A modern-matte foundation with weightless full coverage that provides sweatproof all-day wear, powerful shine control, and environmental protection.

What It Does:

Available in 40 diverse shades, this liquid foundation has buildable, medium to full coverage with a modern-matte finish. Loaded with a trio of ultra-fine powders that control shine and visibly blur imperfections, it stays on skin all day without dulling or drying complexion.

Why We Love It:

Power Play Foundation is sweatproof, waterproof, transfer-proof and provides all day wear. It is vegan, cruelty-free and free of talc, oil, fragrance, parabens and gluten.

Choosing Your Shade:

The Cover FX Shade System is based on undertone for a truly perfect match. To make shade matching simple, our shades are consistent across all formulas. Find your match in one Cover FX foundation and it’s your perfect match across all formulas.

AQUA (WATER) (EAU), DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PROPANEDIOL, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ISODODECANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, LAURYL PEG-10 TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) HULL POWDER, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIOLEIN, AMMONIUM C6-16 PERFLUOROALKYLETHYL PHOSPHATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROXYACETOPHENONE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GLYCERYL DIOLEATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, ALCOHOL, METHICONE, DIMETHICONOL, ALTEROMONAS FERMENT EXTRACT, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: IRON OXIDES (CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)

• What is your favorite primer to use with this foundation?4 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this foundation I’m looking for a new fo...15 Answers
  • Heard this is a very quick drying foundation and you have...11 Answers
Lauren V.
Downey , CA
Purchased at: Walgreens
I am so happy that i received this foundation ! I actually switched to the one all the time now! I love how it feels on my skin and the fact that it really does last all day is so nice! I always get compliments when I use this product !
Rachel F.
Philadelphia , PA
Great coverage. In the winter I wear more foundation so I’m a fan of anything that’s not too heavy. This has a really nice finish
Azuleni G.
Bronx, NY
Review for: G20 more...
I had to mix it bc it was to light for my skin but it went on smoothly . Used the product on my vacations
Victoriana M.
miami
Purchased at: ULTA
Amazing coverage.. it’s super good but kind of dry so if you have dry skin or mature skin you have to be careful don’t use a lot
Serenity M.
Brandon
Purchased at: Sephora
I have always struggled with foundation. I'm very pale, but in the summer I dont burn. I've gone the majority of my life thinking I haven a golden undertone, because neutral undertones have always looked way too pink on me. GUESS WHAT? Turns out I'm a true neutral. Cover FX actually makes neutral shades, not just pinky-neutral shades.

THIS FOUNDATION THO.
It's buildable coverage, and actually covers zits without making them look like some weird scabby thingy. I highly recommend this foundation.
Millie Y.
Toronto, ON
This foundation matched me so well, but unfortunately, I'm going to return it.I gave it a few chances with my current primers (FAB coconut smoothie and Milk Blur Luminous stick) but it's just not the foundation for me. These primers work super well with GA luminous silk and Lancome Teint Idole, so I know it's not the primer issue.I foundd it difficult to work with because it dried so quickly. I prefer to dot foundation all over my face before blending, but this didn't work well with this foundation. I would end up with uneven coverage and would have to go back with another layer to try to even it out. I did like how it gave me a matte finish without looking flat, but my skin did not stay very matte. After about 3 hours of wear, the foundation would look cakey and patchy, especially around the corner of my nose and the area between my nose and cheek bone. My skin looked really oily as the day went on. It also transferred very easily and i could still feel a bit of tackiness on my cheeks. I already use the Cover FX setting powder, but it didn't help with stopping the caking and the oil from coming through.
Kayleigh D.
Handforth, Wilmslow
Review for: N10 more...
I was concerned about trying this foundation as I had heard that it was very matte and very full coverage, and that isn't usually something that flatters my textured skin.  But this isn't as matte as I was expecting, and especially once I have all of the rest of my make up on it looks more satin matte on my skin. It also smooths out my skin so much - I couldn't believe it. Although it's very pigmented, I would say that it's more high-medium coverage but a little goes a long was so it doesn't look caky. It does build up but not to complete full coverage in my opinion. It lasts so well on my skin, and the undertone is great, as well as having a great range of shades available. As it spreads so far, I find that it doesn't rub off under my glasses too much which is one of the main issues I have with my other foundations. Would definitely say this is great for oily, textured skin but not really for dry skin.
Shannon V.
London, ON
Review for: N10 more...
To be honest I had been waiting for this foundation to come out and was so incredibly excited to try it. It honestly was just okay ... it was good medium coverage nice skin like but matte finish. But I never feel like I have a good makeup day when I wear this. I have been looking for my holy grail foundation that will stay on my face and control my oils and this wasn’t it. It looks very patchy and takes lots of layers to building it to look even on the skin and is hard to blend if your skin isn’t incredibly moisturized. I’m still testing it out but I dunno I’m just not completely impressed with it.UPDATE*** I used this with a very small drop of my face oil ( tarte ) and it made it blend wayyy better and less patchy. I have super crazy oily skin and it didn’t affect the wear time and oil control it was about the same.
Lindsay G.
Sudbury, ON
This foundation is absolutely incredible! It's one of the few that match the undertones in my skin and almost brightens my complexion instead of making me look ashy or washed out.

I've tried it with a the original beautyblender® beauty queen pink original , e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Ultimate Blending Brush , and Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Brush Head , and the application is amazing with each of them! It also doesn't pull when I use cream or powder on top of it (for contour, blush, highlight, etc).

It has a lovely, soft matte finish, so it looks like your skin has a glow, but it's not quite dewy or anything, but still looking matte. I've also used it with several different primers ( Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer   Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer  and  FARSÁLI Unicorn Essence ) and it has lasted wonderfully with each!

My only complaint is that any dark pigment (even red pigment) shows through. I always end up going with some concealer over blemishes, while some other foundations I've tried cover them effortlessly. Over all, though, I absolutely adore this foundation and it's definitely my new favourite!
Katie M.
Burlington, ON
Review for: N20 more...
I personally love this foundation, it even blows my Urban Decay that I used or years out of the water. I love how this foundation makes my skin look, you can use a sponge or a brush to apply it. The bottle itself is like a dropper type and I like how I can wipe it and clean it from the gunk and bacteria. Also, you can control how much you put on compared to too much that sometimes can happen with a pump.  One thing that I have more of a complaint is you have to use cover fx primer with this foundation or you may notice some separation.
NATTRACTIVE R.
Irwindale, CA
Does this foundation blur pores???
Shae-Lynn S.
How is this in comparison to their other liquid foundation?
Chrissy O.
London
Has anyone tried this foundation I’m looking for a new for the spring/ winter .
Mallory L.
De Queen
What is your favorite thing about the cover fx foundation?
Nikki R.
Orange Park, FL
What primer should I use with this foundation?