BY COVER FX

Description:

A modern-matte foundation with weightless full coverage that provides sweatproof all-day wear, powerful shine control, and environmental protection.

What It Does:

Available in 40 diverse shades, this liquid foundation has buildable, medium to full coverage with a modern-matte finish. Loaded with a trio of ultra-fine powders that control shine and visibly blur imperfections, it stays on skin all day without dulling or drying complexion.

Why We Love It:

Power Play Foundation is sweatproof, waterproof, transfer-proof and provides all day wear. It is vegan, cruelty-free and free of talc, oil, fragrance, parabens and gluten.

Choosing Your Shade:

The Cover FX Shade System is based on undertone for a truly perfect match. To make shade matching simple, our shades are consistent across all formulas. Find your match in one Cover FX foundation and it’s your perfect match across all formulas.

AQUA (WATER) (EAU), DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PROPANEDIOL, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ISODODECANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, LAURYL PEG-10 TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) HULL POWDER, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIOLEIN, AMMONIUM C6-16 PERFLUOROALKYLETHYL PHOSPHATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROXYACETOPHENONE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GLYCERYL DIOLEATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, ALCOHOL, METHICONE, DIMETHICONOL, ALTEROMONAS FERMENT EXTRACT, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: IRON OXIDES (CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)

• What is your favorite primer to use with this foundation?4 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this foundation I’m looking for a new fo...15 Answers
  • Heard this is a very quick drying foundation and you have...11 Answers
Alice S.
Metairie, LA
First off, I need to be clear that I'm writing this as a person with dry skin. That means this isn't formulated for my skin type. BUT - I've been looking for a matte, long-wearing foundation - and this accomplishes this task.

Surprisingly, it's not horrible on my skin! Whereas Marc Jacob's Shameless foundation was shameful and Fenty looked embarrassing, this foundation is manageable. It will show some texture, but that is to be expected - and it's still minimal compared to most matte foundations. I like it most over a standard silicone primer; this seems to fight sinking into lines better than anything else.

Other pros: great staying power! Even without a setting spray, this doesn't transfer! Shade range is also excellent though I find it runs a bit light (comparing my shade to Cover Click, it looks a half shade to a full shade lighter). It also doesn't oxidize! Hooray for no surprising orange face!

Cons: I wouldn't call this full coverage. In fact, that's why I'm deducting a star - it's advertised as a medium to full coverage foundation, but I think it's a true medium coverage. It's a challenge to build this up to full coverage. I also dislike the packaging as I can't imagine getting every drop out - it's tough to squeeze when it's full, I can't imagine it as it's nearing empty.

Overall, I still like it. It's a great option for most skin types. Well done, Cover FX!
Michelle L.
Springfield, OR
I've really been loving this foundation so far! I have n20 and it actually works ok but when i buy the full size i think I'll get the p20 as i tend to be more cool toned for cover fx. I love their shade range and i especially love their clear undertones! I can often pull off neutral foundations but I'm more cool toned so i look sick in yellow toned foundations. Add in how fair i am and it's a struggle. This foundation is a matte foundation, which i prefer. It goes on nice and smooth and it didn't require much product to get a good medium coverage. I built it up a bit for full coverage but that didn't take much, either. I have the deluxe sample and got several uses it if it!

It's comfortable, matte, has a fabulous shade range, and looks beautiful!
Nikaury N.
provo, UT
Cover fix foundation is my new addition to the collection. If feels lightweight on the skin. It’s Matte finish and very full cover. It cost $44 at my local Sephora. It’s very easy to apply, it looks great on pictures and in person too. The color range is big even though I had to mix to shades to get my perfect color. Only issue I personally have with this formula is that is NOT transfer prof, i set it very good with my LM powder and still it was kindda of tacky and every time I touched my face I had foundation on my fingers, very annoying by the way. Other than that great product!
Corinne C.
Dayton, OH
I am a fair skinned girl with neutral undertones. This means that many foundations I've tried are either too orange, too pink, or too dark. Cover FX Power Play was one of the first full coverage foundations I found that perfectly matched my skin tone. The formula doesn't cling to my dry skin, doesn't settle in my fine lines, and gives me amazing coverage. I cannot tell enough people about this foundation, its amazing. Also the packaging has an interest take on the foundation bottle. The applicator is a squeeze bottle which keeps the product sterile and my fingers clean.
Michelle H.
Mesa, AZ
Review for: G+40 more...
I can not say enough about how much I LOVE this foundation! First of all, their range of colors is amazing and I found it super easy to pick my perfect shade online. As someone who struggles with acne and constantly has a breakout, I am always searching for a foundation that is full coverage without being cakey and heavy. This is one of the beat full coverage foundations I’ve used because it is so lightweight, easily covers all of my redness, and along with the COVER FX Perfect Setting Powder it stays matte ALL DAY LONG. I will 100% be repurchasing this foundation when I run out. I don’t know how I will ever live without it! COVER FX POWER PLAY FOUNDATION
Shae M.
I’ve always been a big fan of CoverFX primer, so I decided to give their Power play a try. It did not disappoint! I run a tad oily in the summer and it held up, super smooth matte finish, never have breakout issues, if anything it soothes them. Love it!
bidemi a.
Los Angeles
Review for: G100 more...
I really do enjoy this foundation. I only have one or two cons maybe. First, I appreciate the shade range a lot. I love how the G(golden) isn't super yellow! I have warm/golden/olive undertones and I just love how this foundation matches me.
I always wear foundation to work to truly test them. At work, I wear a face shield because I am a phlebotomist. I normally have that thing in my face for half the day. So if the foundation can last through me talking through it, it is a good foundation.
I recently wore this foundation to work from 7am to 7pm when I got home. It obviously didn't look like I freshly applied it BUT it did not look BAD. it was still on my face, it was worn a little but tbh it looked like I only wore it for 6 hours, which to me is good.

The only cons i can say that are like ugh to me are that this kind of emphasis my pores. I dont have a foundation were my pores have been way more visible except for this one.
Last con, in my opinion, this foundation isn't super flawless. over time it does start wearing beautifully tho. I just dont want to have to wait 3-4 hours for it to wear in.

other than that, this is still one of my holy grails because of its lasting power and color match.

Alyssa H.
Woodville, MS
Review for: P20 more...
So I received this foundation complimentary of Influenster. I can honest say I don’t care for it at all. When you put it on you have to work fast because it dries quickly. I would say it is a medium coverage but buildable. For me it is definitely not long last or sweat proof. Within a few hours there was none left on my nose. As the day goes on I find it to become very tacky. I definitely would not pay for this foundation.
The only positive thing I can say is it looks nice when you first apply it.
Safi U.
Review for: G+40 more...
When I first received this foundation I didn’t think I would like it at since it’s described as having a matte finish and I have really dry skin. I normally go for very dewy and sheer foundations/tinted moisturizers like Mac Face and Body but I was pleasantly surprised to really like this after all! I find that if I moisturize really really well (I use the Mario Badescu Caviar Night Cream, yes even during the day) and apply this foundation with a damp beauty sponge, I can sheer it out and get a really natural satin finish which I prefer to a full coverage matte one and by the end of the day it’s a bit dewy but not overly so. Its just started to get hot where I live and I tend to sweat a lot so I’ve really been able to test the longevity and it holds up really well even through all the sweat! On top of all that the color range is phenomenal and G 40 is a perfect match for me which is a rare thing since I’m such an in-between shade. Overall I’m really enjoying this formula and I think it will be my new summer foundation!
Pauline L.
New York
Review for: G20 more...
This is a nice medium to full coverage foundation that doesn’t look cakey at all. It’s a little too matte for my liking but I’m able to mix it with my face oil and it looks great. I don’t think I’d repurchase it but while I have it I like it
NATTRACTIVE R.
Irwindale, CA
Does this foundation blur pores???
Shae-Lynn S.
How is this in comparison to their other liquid foundation?
Chrissy O.
London
Has anyone tried this foundation I’m looking for a new for the spring/ winter .
Mallory L.
De Queen
What is your favorite thing about the cover fx foundation?
Nikki R.
Orange Park, FL
What primer should I use with this foundation?

Sephora