BY COVER FX

Description:

A modern-matte foundation with weightless full coverage that provides sweatproof all-day wear, powerful shine control, and environmental protection.

What It Does:

Available in 40 diverse shades, this liquid foundation has buildable, medium to full coverage with a modern-matte finish. Loaded with a trio of ultra-fine powders that control shine and visibly blur imperfections, it stays on skin all day without dulling or drying complexion.

Why We Love It:

Power Play Foundation is sweatproof, waterproof, transfer-proof and provides all day wear. It is vegan, cruelty-free and free of talc, oil, fragrance, parabens and gluten.

Choosing Your Shade:

The Cover FX Shade System is based on undertone for a truly perfect match. To make shade matching simple, our shades are consistent across all formulas. Find your match in one Cover FX foundation and it’s your perfect match across all formulas.

AQUA (WATER) (EAU), DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PROPANEDIOL, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ISODODECANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, LAURYL PEG-10 TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) HULL POWDER, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIOLEIN, AMMONIUM C6-16 PERFLUOROALKYLETHYL PHOSPHATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROXYACETOPHENONE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GLYCERYL DIOLEATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, ALCOHOL, METHICONE, DIMETHICONOL, ALTEROMONAS FERMENT EXTRACT, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: IRON OXIDES (CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)

• What is your favorite primer to use with this foundation?4 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this foundation I’m looking for a new fo...15 Answers
  • Heard this is a very quick drying foundation and you have...11 Answers
Shellie P.
Thomasville , GA
This foundation wasn’t worth the money or the Happ it had maybe medium to full coverage but it was buildable it was it wasn’t long lasting I don’t think I would’ve purchased this
Mari G.
Lake elsinore, CA
I have yet to find my color & keep having to mix with my drugstore foundation so haven't used it alone but it does add coverage to my drugstore foundation so that I really like.
Rishi S.
I like this foundation. It is matte proof which i really liked. Looked almost natural on me. It is medium coverage. Very easy to apply and sweatproof. It is an all day wear. Will buy again shortly! Recommended!
Alicia T.
Flint, MI
Love this foundation. One of my top five. So natural looking, gives a flawless finish, controls shine, looks like your skin, lightweight. Definitely try ladies, don’t overlook this.
Alexandra G.
I really like this foundation! It’s really matte so I don’t ever feel the need to set it. It has medium coverage in my opinion so I do have to build up the coverage sometimes.
Ashley C.
Baton Rouge
Review for: N30 more...
One of my new favorites!!!! it’s super smooth, has great coverage and a nice matte finish- the price is good , maybe 40? Doesn’t feel super heavy to me but I like full coverage so I do not think so!!!
Vanessa E.
Painesville , OH
This is my new holy grail foundation. It works so well. The coverage is perfect and lasts throughout the day without getting oily. I highly suggest this foundation to anyone
Lucy L.
Review for: G30 more...
COVER FX POWER PLAY FOUNDATION
I’ve been trying this foundation with different primers, concealers, techniques, and setting powders in order to gain an overall knowledge and leave any confounding variables out.

My skin type is acne prone, sensitive & oily.

APPLICATION:
Upon first application with a brush it was really hard to blend out, plus certain parts of my face would grab more product so it would look heavy/patchy on that particular area. A little bit didn’t go a long way!
I tried it a different day with a beauty blender and as expected I ended up using twice the product (yet, even MORE than I do with other foundations). Next, I tried applying it with a brush and then blending it out with a beauty blender and that was the BEST way to work with this particular foundation for me.

LOOK & FEEL:
Upon first application it looked quite cakey and it did feel cakey. After about an hour or so of wearing it, however, it began to settle and not look nor feel as cakey as it did upon application. In fact, I really liked the way it looked!
This foundation claims to be full coverage and I found the coverage to be more on the medium spectrum (to buildable full but that’s when it would look and feel extremely cakey and thus heavy). It did wear very well for about 6 hours and then it started to break up and my oils were definitely coming through.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
What I would try to do if I had dry skin is to mix the foundation with a moisturizer (I even did that and it went on quite evenly all over my skin as opposed to when I applied it and it wouldn’t go a long way; but I did begun to look oily faster | 3 hours upon application).
It has its pros and its cons, overall it’s not one of my holy grails but not one of the worst I’ve tried so, I will use it up but I won’t necessarily go out and purchase it.

Thank you CoverFx & Influenster for sending me the power play foundation for complementary reviewing purposes. However, all opinions are my own :)

EYES:
tarte™ tartelette™ Amazonian clay matte palette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade

Buxom Full-on™ Lip Polish
Saley D.
Piscataway, NJ
Review for: G+60 more...
I was so happy to receive this foundation! I had heard great things about it, and it did not disappoint. First off, let's talk about the extensive shade range! I love that the shades begin with P, G, or N to hint at undertones. The foundation was my perfect shade and perfect undertone. It matched my skin so perfectly, there was no line of demarcations. It was super smooth and lightweight, and best applied with a damp beauty blender for optimum coverage. It blended into my skin for a natural finish, but was buildable if I needed it to be. The only thing I noticed is after using it with a brush, there was some patchiness and a little less coverage with the brush. It is really important to make sure to blend this foundation well, as you will see patchiness throughout the day if you don't take your time. I did not see oil seeping through the foundation even though I always get oily in my T-ZONE mid-day. Overall, other than the potential patchiness, this foundation is perfect for everyday wear but also great for special events like weddings and graduations with a little bit more buildable coverage.
Chandra M.
Coolidge
Review for: N30 more...
I really wanted to love this because everyone I've seen use it gets a beautiful complexion appearance from it. So, let me start with the applicator/bottle: I hate it, it doesn't perform well for a squeeze bottle and feels very low quality in comparison with the cost of the foundation. Due to this, it seems like you have to use an abnormal amount of foundation for coverage. I have tried this with 4 different primers and all have had varying results. If I use a moisturizing primer on my mostly dry but oily t zone skin, either the foundation won't dry down properly or I look like a greaseball at day's end. The blurring/mattifying primers make this look cakey at the end of the day. I wear glasses and only one of the 4 days did I not have product build-up around the nose. After watching Thataylaa's review I didn't feel like it kept mattifying over the course of the day, on me it just broke down. Setting this with a powder in high-contact areas was a no go as it made it even cakier. Will not repurchase. High light coverage maybe light medium for me personally.
NATTRACTIVE R.
Irwindale, CA
Does this foundation blur pores???
Shae-Lynn S.
How is this in comparison to their other liquid foundation?
Chrissy O.
London
Has anyone tried this foundation I’m looking for a new for the spring/ winter .
Mallory L.
De Queen
What is your favorite thing about the cover fx foundation?
Nikki R.
Orange Park, FL
What primer should I use with this foundation?