BY COVER FX #62 in Liquid Foundation

Description:

A modern-matte foundation with weightless full coverage that provides sweatproof all-day wear, powerful shine control, and environmental protection.

What It Does:

Available in 40 diverse shades, this liquid foundation has buildable, medium to full coverage with a modern-matte finish. Loaded with a trio of ultra-fine powders that control shine and visibly blur imperfections, it stays on skin all day without dulling or drying complexion.

Why We Love It:

Power Play Foundation is sweatproof, waterproof, transfer-proof and provides all day wear. It is vegan, cruelty-free and free of talc, oil, fragrance, parabens and gluten.

Choosing Your Shade:

The Cover FX Shade System is based on undertone for a truly perfect match. To make shade matching simple, our shades are consistent across all formulas. Find your match in one Cover FX foundation and it’s your perfect match across all formulas.

AQUA (WATER) (EAU), DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PROPANEDIOL, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ISODODECANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, LAURYL PEG-10 TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) HULL POWDER, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIOLEIN, AMMONIUM C6-16 PERFLUOROALKYLETHYL PHOSPHATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROXYACETOPHENONE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GLYCERYL DIOLEATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, ALCOHOL, METHICONE, DIMETHICONOL, ALTEROMONAS FERMENT EXTRACT, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: IRON OXIDES (CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)

• Has anyone tried this foundation I’m looking for a new fo...15 Answers
  • Heard this is a very quick drying foundation and you have...11 Answers
  • Has anyone tested this out yet? What is the coverage?12 Answers
shanygne B.
sunrise, FL
Review for: N85 1.18 oz/ 35 mL more...
If I exfoliate and apply a face moisturizer before applying foundation then I am pretty good when it comes to dryness and oiliness. I usually dance and sweat a lot while wearing make up so I will give a feed back on how that went while wearing FX foundation.

First of all, I should of gotten one shade darker for my complexion but I was still able to pull of the look by using it as a highlight under my eyes, forehead, chin and nose. I also did a friends makeup for prom and it was her exact color! I will attach all pictures below.
p.s I did 2 different looks.

Texture:
It was very thick and had heavy coverage. It was great for hiding noticable blemishes! Great for concealing.

Amount:
Since I only used it on certain areas I felt that I didnt need to use a lot which was great becuase I dont like to use to much product on my face. As for my friend I wanted a more covered look so I used about 9 dots to cover her entire face.

Smell:
At first I felt like the foundation smelt slightly like glue but after it went on my face there was no smell at all. I really liked that because I get crazy about smells.

Lasting:
The foundation lasted me all day!!! I went to a graduation, was outside in the hot sun, went to lunch, went to another graduation, got hot and sweaty, then got ready to go to a party at 1am. There wasnt one smudge. All I had to do was apply some powder to take away my shiney sweat! (I got home around 5am and was still slaying)

Removing:
This was so easy to remove! I didnt have to scrub which was great for my sensitive skin. All I used was water and dove liquid body wash.

Over all I enjoyed this product and Im pretty happy that I got a lighter color so I can do a calm highlight.

Felice G.
Lorac Mega Pro Palette 3 Ok Lets try this again! I would write more reviews, but I always have problems with the app freezing right in the middle😉 Anyway this quickly became my new favorite foundation for my bridal clients. It has an absolutely goreous satin medium/full coverage finish that does blur pores quite a bit, but you may still need a pore filler if you have canyon pores like me😁My clients love it because it does not feel or look heavy and still appears skin like and photographs beautifully. I love the longevity, it does not break down in the Texas heat and humidity. I hope they never discontinue. Its also my everyday go to foundation. I freelance and am running constantly in the heat and it holds strong all day. This is a big winner! MAKE UP FOR EVER 5 Camouflage Cream Palettesmashbox - Photo Finish Primer Minimize PoresClinique Dramatically Different™ Moisturizing GelClinique Pep-Start™ Eye Cream l MARC JACOBS BEAUTY Dew Drops Coconut Gel HighlighterArdell Natural Multipack Demi WispiesBenefit Cosmetics Cheek Parade Bronzer & Blush PaletteDior Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer Powder Shimmering Sculpting PowderMaybelline Eyestudio® Lasting Drama® Gel EyelinerAnastasia Beverly Hills Pro Series Brow PaletteLaura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting PowderL'Oréal Paris Voluminous® Lash Paradise Waterproof MascaraBECCA Backlight Priming FilterKat Von D Everlasting Liquid LipstickSkindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish, 4 OunceURBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Kimberly H.
Woodbury, MN
Review for: P20 more...
Oooooh weeee, this foundation made me ANGRY! Now I fully admit, shame on me for buying a $44 foundation without sampling it first. I have oily skin, read any of my reviews.... My skin is that of the unpopular teenager at your high school... And I'm 35! I put down my regular primer, benefit porefessional, and then used a beauty blender. Bad idea, it really soaked up the fast drying foundation. I switched to a foundation brush and it worked a little better. The foundation felt tacky and my hair kept sticking to my face. I put the rest of my makeup on and realized I went a little heavy with the blush. It wouldn't come off, it was stuck to the foundation. I thought it would wear off during the day. At lunch I looked in the mirror, my blush was still there..... But the foundation was streaked and worn off on my nose and chin and part of my cheeks. The rest was cakey and gross looking. I removed it as best I could. Also, it states it is transfer proof, but it got all over my black sweater. I really like Cover FX, but this was super disappointing. See depressed, half makeup selfie below.
Ashley L.
Marietta, GA
Review for: N20 more...
Okay, I spent about three weeks really trying out this foundation in as many different ways as possible. Trying to figure out how people were applying it and what they were using it with in order for them to give these outstanding reviews. Everything I tried just left me feeling slightly underwhelmed. This foundation is fine, but it is not worth 5 stars for me. Here are my issues; this is not full coverage as it states, I was able to build it up to medium, but definitely not full. It sank straight into my smile lines within an hour of wear. It's not transfer-proof, I get foundation all over my phone if I take a call. And finally, the packaging is atrocious, beautiful, but not functional (how on earth do you squeeze everything out of a rectangular container?). There are however positives as well! I LOVE the finish, it dries down to a beautiful semi-matte finish. It feels incredibly light on the skin, which I greatly appreciate and the shade match is freaking perfection. Overall, this was just okay for me. I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. My biggest struggle is probably the price because I feel like I can get the same results from drugstore foundations at half the price. I received this product complimentary for sampling purposes but all opinions are my own.
Hannah S.
Round Rock, TX
Review for: N10 more...
First off, let me start this by saying, this was easily my best Sephora experience ever.

I am normally an Ulta girl. I truly find Sephora intimidating because I’m not makeup savvy. The girl who helped me find this makeup is a god send, because I’d tried almost all the foundation at Ulta and they were all too yellow or orange.

She helped me decide between N10 or N20. We both agreed n10 looked more natural and could easily be embellished with bronzer if I ever was tan (which y’all, I’m like a ghost, I don’t tan even if I try.)

I have rosacea and this is the first makeup I’ve found that covers the red and bumps, without making me sickly yellow/green, or without looking cakey/oily.

She also helped me discover that the primer I was using was a huge part of the problem, which I kind of knew, but didn’t know what to do about it.

I live in Texas and it is currently like 300 degrees outside. I spent the day walking between my car and shops before I took the picture I shared and it still looks good. I don’t look oily, greasy, and cakey. It’s still covering the redness.

Best thing, it doesn’t feel heavy.

This may be my holy grail foundation. Only time will tell.

Adri M.
Windber, PA
Review for: N40 more...
To start this review off, I received this product in a VoxBox earlier this year, but it was around the time of my yearly vacation to the beach which meant that once I returned home the shade I got no longer matched me. So I began by trying to mix this shade with a darker foundation, and therefore never got to really experience this formula on its own.

About a month ago, I was looking for a new foundation to try (because I was a loyal Fenty Beauty foundation fan) and a Sephora employee recommended this product to me. Once I explained that I had already tried it but was mixing it with a darker shade to match my skin, she told me to give it another try and matched me to my correct shade. I need a foundation that will last all day, not move, not get shiny, etc. So I put this foundation through the ultimate test.

Days after purchasing this foundation, I attended Warped Tour. Being out in the hot sun all day, surrounded by mass amounts of people, this foundation did not move. At all. I was so impressed when I returned home and looked in the mirror. The foundation barely had any shine, and even after wearing sun glasses for most of the day, the foundation was still in place leaving no trace of wearing glasses.

I’ve recommended this foundation to everyone since this experience. Even for the price, you don’t have to use a lot of product and don’t have to reapply throughout the day.
Allison S.
Review for: G50 more...
I’ve just added the Cover FX Power Play Foundation to my list of favorite foundations. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation was my holy grail for foundations but now, I switch between the two. I love the shade range there is and I love that there are shades for different undertones. It has always been hard for me to find shades that really match my skin tone because I have an olive undertone so I absolutely love that the different range for undertones. I also love how light it feels when it is on. It doesn’t even feel like I’m wearing any foundation on. The foundation lasts ALL DAY. I was so amazed by it! What I don’t like about the foundation is just the packaging. It’s plastic and you have to squeeze the bottle for the foundation to come out. I think it’s okay for now but I can already see myself having a hard time squeezing the product out when there’s less of it - and the plastic isn’t super squeezable. However, I do like the size because it’s travel friendly. The foundation is a medium coverage but very buildable. It does dry up fast so work in sections instead of applying it all over your face at once. The foundation works very well with a beauty sponge. I did receive this product as a complimentary gift for sampling purpose but all opinions are my own. You should def try this foundation out if you like Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Foundation!
Vivienne B.
Falls Church, VA
Review for: G+40 more...
I love my Cover FX Foundation! It controls my oily skin so well. I wore the foundation a few times before starting this review so that I could make an accurate review of the product. I have worn the foundation in chilly weather, hot weather, and rainy weather as well. The foundation lasts through it all! I also do not need to touch up with powder for 8+ hours. Normally with other foundations, I touch up a few hours later. I do think that this foundation works better with the Cover Fx Powder. The duo is what really controls the oil. I tried the foundation with a different powder I had and it doesn't control the oil as well. The coverage is medium-full which is what I like. The foundation itself is easy to remove with some makeup remover, face wash, or micellar water. The color was perfect for my skin, I am usually a warm pale - medium color. I also noticed they have a wide variety that would work when I am more tan as well. The application is slightly sticky and will basically stay there if you don't blend quickly but I imagine that formula is what is making me not oily. I don't mind it but I can see how someone would. Would recommend to a friend 10/10.
karen P.
San Jose , CA
Review for: G40 1.18 oz/ 35 mL more...
I was hesitant to try this because I don’t usually wear liquid foundation. I have always found powder foundation works best on my oily skin and I have been using mineral foundation for years. However, Influenster and Cover FX sent me this to try for free in a recent Voxbox for reviewing purposes so I figured I would give it a shot! I was surprised how well this foundation held up on my combination to oily skin, it seemed to last all day without breaking apart or sliding off. I paired it with the Cover FX setting powder to lock it in place and this seemed to do the job flawlessly, it kept the foundation in place and it didn’t move or get oily at all for hours. This foundation is targeted towards people with combination to oily skin and I did find this foundation on the dryer side, so if you have dry skin I’m not sure if you would love it. I would say this foundation provides medium coverage. The coverage was buildable but if you are use to a true full coverage foundation this may not be quite enough. It applied nicely with both my beauty blender and a foundation brush. The foundation goes on smoothly and dries to a matte finish. The packaging is sleek and comes with a fine squeeze top which keeps the product super clean and prevents wasting product. This Power Play foundation comes in 40 different shades. I was sent shade G40 and this matched my skin perfectly. I have to say I am very pleased with this foundation and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a long wear formula that can hold up on oily skin! Also, shout out to Cover FX for being CRUELTY FREE! YAY!☺️

Maria F.
Review for: G+40 1.18 oz/ 35 mL more...
I am so happy to have found Cover FX’s Powerplay foundation because I have the hardest time finding olive shade foundations. This has a very CC like quality when you apply it on the skin and it easily blends with a beauty blender or with fingers. Coverage is medium that could be built to full coverage, feels very skin like and lightweight. I have some PIH spots, hyperpigmentation around the sides of my nose and some mild dark circles, which this foundation covers well. The finish is just beautiful and aptly describing it as “modern matte” is true! It is dewy but not really, matte but not dry looking, just good looking skin! I can also attest to its longevity being sweat-proof and transfer-proof because I wore it outdoors for 8 hours in the heat and humidity (set with Cover FX perfect setting powder and blurring primer) and it controlled my oily skin well without oxidation or transfer on my collar.  I normally have to blot in 4 hours, even with full coverage foundations like doublewear but this did not break up nor crease; skin looked slightly dewier without blotting needed.  I also appreciate their inclusive shade range and my shade G40+ is an olive-golden tone that is around NC 25, perfect for light medium skin.  I used the Cover FX website shade finder to get my shade since Sephora does not have samples of the olive foundations.  Some shade references for me would be Estée Lauder double wear in Rattan, Koh Gen Doh aqua in 213 (winter), Armani luminous silk (6, summer tan), and It cosmetics CC cream in light. I also use Tarte shape tape in light neutral and Nars concealer in custard.
NATTRACTIVE R.
Irwindale, CA
Does this foundation blur pores???
Shae-Lynn S.
How is this in comparison to their other liquid foundation?
Chrissy O.
London
Has anyone tried this foundation I’m looking for a new for the spring/ winter .
Mallory L.
De Queen
What is your favorite thing about the cover fx foundation?
Lindsay S.
Has anyone tested this out yet? What is the coverage?

back