BY COVER FX #23 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

An ultra-translucent, loose powder that sets makeup for all-day wear while imparting a soft-focus, airbrushed finish. This ultra-lightweight loose setting powder is consciously formulated without talc for an incredibly translucent finish that sets makeup for all-day wear. It minimizes transfer without adding any color to the skin or overpowering your foundation finish. Ideal for the baking makeup technique, this setting powder is formulated with light-diffusing particles that blur and smooth for a skin perfecting airbrushed effect that doesn't look chalky or dry. It features universal shades for a translucent finish on all skintones. It is formulated Without: - Parabens This product is vegan, clinically-tested, and free of talc, fragrance, gluten, and mineral oil. Find your Setting Powder shade by matching it to these Cover FX foundation shades: If you wear Cover FX Shades 0-40: select Light Perfect Setting Powder If you wear Cover FX Shades 50-85: select Medium Perfect Setting Powder If you wear Cover FX Shades 90-125: select Deep Perfect Setting Powder

Katie S.
Corona, CA
Review for: Light (light skin tones)
I do not understand why so many people like this powder.  It made my under-eyes look horrible, regardless of what concealer I used, eye cream underneath, primer, using a brush or sponge, it was all a disaster.  I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt by using it all over the face instead.  Even worse.  Cakey and settled into lines I didn't know I had.  I barely used any!  I don't get what I am doing wrong.  This powder is extremely similar to Aesthetica's loose setting powder (it also has no talc) and I find that powder really difficult to use as well.  I have dry combo skin right now, and while it didn't dry out my face, it just ruined my makeup completely every time I used it.  I tried it with different foundations, different setting sprays...it just simply would not work for me.  Disappointing because it seems to work great for everyone else!
Paula M.
McAllen, TX
Review for: Light (light skin tones)
1.So far it isn't drying when applied thinly but when packed on I will notice some creasing.
2. Has some flashback but it looks like a glow not heavy so you look flawless in pictures
3. To be safe, I would suggest adding a colored setting powder or bronzer on perimeter of face
4. It is expensive!!! there isn't a lot of product there so it technically costs more than laura mercier and others
I have a picture and more comparisons on my blog if anyone is interested!
Beatrix P.
Medusa, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is hands down my favorite setting powder. I now use this to set concealer and foundation if need be, and then use one of my Stellar Cosmic Haze Powders as a finishing powder because it’s so thin and glory. I couldn’t DO THAT, however if the Cover Fx wasn’t so perfect. It covers, its talc-free.. NEVER cakes up and blends like a dream. I wouldn’t use it to bake though- it’s not cheap. Bake with Coty. Set with Cover Fx and finish with Stellar or Hourglass!
Kathleen T.
Temple, GA
Review for: Light (light skin tones)
This setting powder is amazing. It's the third loose powder I've tried, and so far it's my favorite. Even though I have dry skin, my t zone gets oily whenever I wear makeup. With this powder, however, I have far less oil on my face throughout the day. It doesn't make my makeup look cakey, and it doesn't emphasize the dryness on my cheeks either. It's so light weight too. The first loose powder I ever tried was the KVD one, and I was extremely happy with it until I tried this one. Cover FX knocks KVD out of the park. It's also formulated with good-for-your skin ingredients and it's not tested on animals. I also love that it has a plastic cover to keep powder from going all over the place. The reason why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because it doesn't make my face look completely flawless. I might not ever find a powder that will since I have dry skin, but I am extremely happy with it.
Jillian A.
Covington, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
The coverfx Perfect Setting Powder is just as the name suggests. Its perfect for setting your makeup without making your face look heavy& cakey, settle into fine lines or pores and give you a flawless face. You can use this all over, under the eyes or to bake your face. This is a finely milled slightly tinged translucent powder. It comes in two shades, light and dark. The sifter is covered by a shield which helps keep this mess free and not 'exploding' all over everything when you open the container. This is silky smooth and finely milled for the appearance of flawless skin. I love this setting powder because it keeps your skin looking matte but not flat, healthy and still looking like skin!
Theresa D.
Tolleson, AZ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I haven't tried many setting powders but all I can say is this one was amazing! I went through my whole powder and need more asap! 😍 it set my makeup perfectly and was very smooth. Didn't leave me feeling super dry or cakey and I don't believe I had any flashback either so Yay! Haha 😂
Myranda C.
Review for: Light (light skin tones)
This is the best setting powder I have tried! It is finely milled and not too heavy of a powder. There is no smell to this product, like Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder. I only mention that because the smell of that powder gives me migraines. So this powder is perfect for me. I like to apply it with a dampened Beauty Blender and bake under the eyes. I like the way that this powder is packaged too. There’s an extra plastic covering on the inside, which keeps the product clean and not too messy. The amount of product you get in this is nice too.
Genevieve D.
Norfolk, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my first setting powder. It was introduced and recommended to me by a Sephora employee because she said it didn’t have any talc so it finishes less cakey. I like it. I wish it came with a brush or puff. I don’t have anything to compare it to, but this does the job.
Melissa l.
Maplewood, NJ
Review for: Light (light skin tones)
This is HANDS DOWN the best setting powder I have ever used and I have tried EVERYTHING! It settles in flawlessly, giving you the airbrush look but it also photographs very well!! No white cast or flashback in photos that I saw in other brands like MUFE or Laura mercier! I bought 2 last time I was in ulta just to be sure they didn’t discontinue it!
Tiffany T.
Minford, OH
Review for: Light (light skin tones)
I really enjoy this setting powder because it's very lightweight. It's very finely milled so that when you apply it it tends to not get cakey or feel heavy on the skin. Unlike other powders that I have used that leave behind a white cast, I have not had the issue with this setting powder. It doesn't have flashback in photos either.
Vanessa N.
Albuquerque, NM
Does this give any coverage?
Jasmine B.
If you have tried Laura Mercier Setting Powder, how does this compare to it?
Prisci C.
Wondering what kind of brush I should use this powder with? I was thinking about using my Real Techniques Powder brush or would it be better to use a denser brush?
Stephanie S.
Spokane Vly, WA
Is this amazing????
Penny R.
Does this work best under or over foundation?