BY COVER FX

A water-based liquid foundation that provides hydrating, flexible sheer-to-full coverage for the face. This silky smooth foundation provides buildable, sheer-to-full coverage for comfortable all-day wear. Vitamins C and E soothe inflammation and reduce redness while protecting against premature skin aging, and anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties protect against damaging environmental factors. Available in an array of shades, it was designed to achieve a natural-looking, soft finish in a long-wearing water-resistant formula. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This foundation has been clinically tested, and is vegan and non-comedogenic. It is fragrance-, gluten-, mineral oil-, and talc-free.

• I recently bought this product based on the recom... Be the first to answer!
  • How well does this foundation last throughout the day (with prime...2 Answers
  • How full coverage is this foundation? Is it more like a mask or m...4 Answers
Kathleen T.
Temple, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: N30 (light to medium light skin w/neutral undertones)
When I first used this I liked it. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and it has pretty good coverage, and the finish was natural to satin. The shade range is awesome with a variety of undertones. However, after wearing it a few times I've decided I don't like it. No matter how moisturized my skin feels before I apply this foundation, my skin feels dry as soon as this product sets. It also doesn't completely cover the redness of the apples of my cheeks, and some of my skin texture is emphasized. I applied this foundation with a brush and a sponge, and there's a particular way I have to use it to make it look good: I squeeze a little bit out onto my finger, swatch that onto my face, and then blend with a sponge. Normally I put foundation on the back of my hand, dip my sponge into the product, and then apply it to my face, but when I tried that with this foundation it looked patchy and was difficult to blend. It's a shame because I really love this brand, but this foundation just doesn't do it for me.
Ksenia T.
Weehawken
Review for: G30 (light to medium light skin w/golden undertones)
This foundation is my go-to. I went to sephora over the winter a few years ago because I was having some skin issues-- my drugstore foundations were turning my skin splotchy and red. The sephora worker recommended coverfx, and I haven't looked back since! I use it in conjunction with the coverfx mattifying primer and it works like a charm. I don't know what people are talking about when they say it's cakey and hard to apply-- you just need to use a good primer below and it glides on just fine, with medium buildable coverage. This foundation has helped my skin improve drastically-- I don't break out anymore, the winter doesn't dry out my face as badly, and my skin looks perfect for the entire day, even when I've been crying my eyes out!
Marian P.
El paso, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: G40 (medium skin w/golden undertones)
My sister went to Sephora to look for a foundation that would work for her and her dry skin and acne. This was the foundation that they had recommended to her. After she bought it I decided to try it out to since we are both the same shade. Neither of us likes this. It's so thick and pasty and just makes all your imperfections appear worse. You would think that with such a thick formula it is that it would be as a high coverage as it claims. Another thing that the store associate said was that it was supposed to have a natural looking finish, but it really has a really dry matte finish. I've tried different forms of applying it but the only thing that makes it work a bit is to mix it with another foundation. It's really not worth what my teenage sister paid for just to have to mix it with another foundation.
jun z.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: N30 (light to medium light skin w/neutral undertones)
Got this from Sephora.  It has nice weighted coverage without feeling heavy on the skin.  Also loves the natural ingredients.  Unfortunately akin to other natural non-toxic products, it is very drying on the skin.  It looks on the face except for the inner side of the eyes and under eyes.  It stays on top of the skin in those areas.  Not sure if the product is dry or just not blendable into the skin.  It's visible and does not melt into the skin.  It serves as a good base and covers most blemishes.  But who wants to rub and scuff around the sensitive areas around the eyes.  Still hoping there is a foundation out there this is non-toxic, provides adequate coverage, easily blendable, and illuminating rather than drying.  Nice try though.
Natalie J.
Hollywood, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: G50 (medium to tan skin w/golden undertones)
I went to Sephora to get a new foundation that i can wear everyday. It was introduced by one of the sephoras employee, he applied it om my skin and it look fine. The “good” of this foundation were the properties in it so it sold me. When i went home and i applied it with brush and took a picture my face look wayyyy more texturized that it is, it settled in my smile lines even on the labial comissure. Even though i have prep my skin with moisturizer, blurrow effect primers. Then tried with different primer ans beauty blender and the result was the same. Maybe this product works to somebody who have smooth perfect skin.
Lindsey S.
Review for: P20 (fair to light skin w/pink undertones)
This is the only foundation that I have ever returned. I got it from Sephora, and it had a perfect match for me skin, so was excited for that, but I hated how it applied. The coverage wasn't good on me, and it just didn't seem to play well with my skin texture. I would recommend trying a sample, first. You hear beauty bloggers rave about it, and I just have to wonder if they are getting paid, because the product I received was...not good. On the bright side, I was able to reference my matched shade for ordering a new foundation online, and that has been a lot of help
Jasmin T.
Montgomery, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: G40 (medium skin w/golden undertones)
I love this. I have tried so many different foundations and none of them really offer the amount of coverage. I personally like feeling the thickness of a foundation because I know that it will offer good coverage which is definitely the case here. And it lasts a good while which is the best part! Always my go to when I want that even, dewy look!
Olivia V.
Bemidji
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: P20 (fair to light skin w/pink undertones)
My skin loves this foundation. I’m super dry since I’m on Acutane, but on some days my oils break through a little bit. Since this foundation is oil free, my skin doesn’t look like a big ball of grease when this happens. This foundation is also hydrating on my dry skin, but not too hydrating. It’s also very natural looking, and looked great with my Halloween makeup piled on top of it! I love this foundation!!
Kristen C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: P30 (light to medium light skin w/pink undertones)
I really wanted to love this foundation, but I had to return it. The color was a perfect match but this "oil free" foundation made my face so oily within just a few hours. It broke up around my nose and chin and really emphasized my pores and imperfections. I bought this foundation as something not full coverage to wear to work but I returned after a week of trying to love it .
Sharon J.
Dublin, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this foundation. It's medium coverage but it is buildable to full coverage. The color matches my skin tone very well. It has a matte-like finish. It's not completely matte. I like it coz it's oil free and doesn't make my face look oily even after a few hours.
Audrey J.
Really want to try this foundation from this brand has anyone tried this foundation?
Rachel M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been looking for an amazing full coverage foundation that a makeup artists used on me last month. I'm pretty sure this is it, but not sure if the amazing airbrushed look came from the formula or her application/buffing skills. Any "normal" people have it and get experienced results?
Gaby A.
Mexico, D.F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
It is good with sensitive skin? and when you apply it how is the consistence?
Raegan M.
Northport, AL
Is this a full coverage foundation?
Anna P.
Townsend, MA
How full coverage is this foundation? Is it more like a mask or more of a natural full coverage? Does it get cakey or is the finish natural? What skin types would it be good for? Does it break up? How well/long does it wear?