BY COVER FX

Description:

A water-based liquid foundation that imparts a radiant finish to the skin.

What it Does:

Available in 40 global shades, this oil free foundation has a silky, hydrating feel that glides on the skin and imparts a radiant, second-skin finish.  Loaded with skincare ingredients, it contains Vitamin C and Vitamin E to protect against free radicals.

Why We Love It:

The lightweight texture is formulated to leave a luminous, soft focus finish to the skin and is buildable for a medium to full coverage.

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)

Ksenia T.
Weehawken, NJ
This foundation is my go-to. I went to sephora over the winter a few years ago because I was having some skin issues-- my drugstore foundations were turning my skin splotchy and red. The sephora worker recommended coverfx, and I haven't looked back since! I use it in conjunction with the coverfx mattifying primer and it works like a charm. I don't know what people are talking about when they say it's cakey and hard to apply-- you just need to use a good primer below and it glides on just fine, with medium buildable coverage. This foundation has helped my skin improve drastically-- I don't break out anymore, the winter doesn't dry out my face as badly, and my skin looks perfect for the entire day, even when I've been crying my eyes out!
Marissa R.
I really wanted to love this foundation, as I am a huge fan of their Custom Cover Drops, but it just gets an average rating from me. I have very oily, acne-prone skin and I felt like this emphasized every pore, fine line, and blemish on my face. I had to blot about 4 hours after wearing it, mostly around my nose and mouth. I gave it 2 stars for the packaging (squeeze tube!), ingredient list (no pore-cloggers), and the color (a perfect match). You’re definitely paying for the ingredient list and not the product itself. The ingredient list is pretty good, but the foundation just isn’t that great.
Jamie S.
Richmond
This is far and away the best foundation I have used.  It is a perfect match for my skin.  I use it with the Mac prep and prime primer and it lasts all day.  Without primer, it does tend to disappear throughout the day.  I apply with a damp sponge and it is moderate coverage - just enough to even my skin out but not look all makeup faced. Bought mine at Ulta, online and will be buying again.  I have sensitive skin that can be prone to breakout with pore clogging products, but I have not had a bit of trouble with Cover FX in that regard.
Brianna J.
New Bedford, MA
Review for: P20 more...
I feel like this has alright coverage- I need a really high coverage as I have acne scars and this still lets some of the discoloration show through even with concealer. I apply this with a silicone pad applicator and it makes a little go a long way. I pat it all over my face and go in with a foundation brush and buff it out. And then I take a makeup sponge and further pat it to make it look smooth. It does have decent coverage but just not what I’m personally looking for . It kind of feels heavy too, not like Cakey but I can definitely feel the layer on my skin
Amanda M.
This foundation is amazing !!!! It glides on very smooth and blends out flawlessly with a sponge or brush whichever you prefer to use .. it has a very nice natural dewy finish which is a bit tacky so I do have to set it down , usually with my sephora microsmooth powder or just any powder will do the trick .. the shade I wear is g50+ and it matches me perfectly when my tan has faded a bit .. all and all this is a great foundation that lasts a pretty long time and doesnt transfer or fade easily.. I 100% reccomend this is you have normal to dry skin
Brittney W.
While I think the foundation is decent it’s not something I’d go out of my way to buy or like to spend the extra money on. The packaging is simple and the formula is very silky and easy to blend into the face. It does leave me feeling tacky or sticky after application so I use a little more setting powder than usual. It does not have full coverage for me personally. I have dry/normal combination skin and some redness on my cheeks just for comparison. Last note is that it did move/transfer. Decent. But not the best quality.
Anika T.
Kathleen T.
Temple, GA
When I first used this I liked it. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and it has pretty good coverage, and the finish was natural to satin. The shade range is awesome with a variety of undertones. However, after wearing it a few times I've decided I don't like it. No matter how moisturized my skin feels before I apply this foundation, my skin feels dry as soon as this product sets. It also doesn't completely cover the redness of the apples of my cheeks, and some of my skin texture is emphasized. I applied this foundation with a brush and a sponge, and there's a particular way I have to use it to make it look good: I squeeze a little bit out onto my finger, swatch that onto my face, and then blend with a sponge. Normally I put foundation on the back of my hand, dip my sponge into the product, and then apply it to my face, but when I tried that with this foundation it looked patchy and was difficult to blend. It's a shame because I really love this brand, but this foundation just doesn't do it for me.
Hanna D.
Camarillo , CA
This foundation has no oil but was surprisingly really greasy on my skin by the end of the night. It made my skin look naturally perfect once set but felt heavy upon application. It also looks greasy without being set with powder. Great for my more dehydrated days! Amazing shade range too. The consistency is thicker than my Huda Beauty but it’s not that bad. Easy to blend and covers all of my imperfections when applied with a flat Kabuki. There’s a smell too that I’m not very fond of but it eventually goes away.
Zoey D.
Let me start by saying that Cover FX has one of the best shade ranges on the market! I'm shade N0 or N10 depending on the time of the year, and they match me beautifully. I really liked the coverage and the finish of this foundation. It gave my skin a flawless finish. However, despite being oil free, this foundation broke me out pretty badly to the point where I couldn't use it. It's too bad really because I liked everything else about it.
Audrey J.
Really want to try this foundation from this brand has anyone tried this foundation?
Rachel M.
Los Angeles, CA
I've been looking for an amazing full coverage foundation that a makeup artists used on me last month. I'm pretty sure this is it, but not sure if the amazing airbrushed look came from the formula or her application/buffing skills. Any "normal" people have it and get experienced results?
Gaby A.
It is good with sensitive skin? and when you apply it how is the consistence?
Sarah R.
What is the wear time on this ? What kind of coverage? Does it feel heavy ?
Anna P.
Townsend, MA
How full coverage is this foundation? Is it more like a mask or more of a natural full coverage? Does it get cakey or is the finish natural? What skin types would it be good for? Does it break up? How well/long does it wear?