COVER FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment

BY COVER FX

What it is:

What it is formulated to do:

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:

Please note that this product was formerly known as ClearPrep FX.

• what is your go to staple product that regardless of what...2 Answers
  • this product actually improves expression lines?1 Answers
  • Makeup holy grails: primer edition. What primer helps mak...2 Answers
COVER FX  Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment
COVER FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment
Taimai H.
Getzville, NY
I used this in the summer. I have extremely big pores and my skin produces so much oil. I used this with high hopes. It's a gel like consistency which I was not a fan of. It went on smooth and did Mattify my face. I felt like it was somewhat heavy, like I still knew it was on my face. After a couple hours, my face got oily again. After I used this up, I didn't feel like it was worth it to buy again. It was a good try for me though.
Jessica C.
Seattle, WA
This really helps my make up stay on and I feel I get better coverage for my foundation. However, it doesn't minimize my pores, like at all. They look exactly the same before and after primer. I also have not had any improvement in my acne since I started using it but at least it doesn't make it worse! I think this product is best mixed in with my foundation to get better coverage, but I'm looking for a more well rounded primer.
Nicole A.
I typically have very sensitive, oily skin. I hate the feeling of wearing sticky face products. Coverfix feels light and not sticky or greasy. I love how my make up goes on smoothly with coverfix. It also helps prevent more breakouts!
Erin M.
Mobile
Love this primer! Light weight and smooths skin tone...and prevents acne! Very small amount needs so lasts forever. Creates a nice matte finish that lasts all day.
Del V.
Best matte face primer. I apply this after I've used moisturizer before applying my makeup. I don't have an acne problem but for a nice matte finish I love this face primer. I have normal/dry skin, with some matte primers I've used I've had an issue where they would seem to settle in my dry patches & it just looked awful. With this primer it just leaves a nice even base for my foundation I love it.
Stephanie H.
Palm Harbor, FL
This Cover FX mattifying primer contains 1% salicylic acid and has a gel like consistency. I purchased the .5 fluid ounce size for $16 at Sephora. I cannot really tell if the anti acne ingredients help my blemish prone areas at all but it does indeed matte my skin and prolongs my concealer/foundation wear time.
NICOLE J.
Birmingham, AL
Love this primer! Keeps my face matte and fresh and when breakouts ensue, I can be confident that this will take care of them until I can knock them out at night
Gabie C.
Chino, CA
I used this primer once and not too long into the day I was an oily mess. I used it with my maybelline fit me matte foundation. For the price I want it to keep me matte. I prefer to use the MUFE matte step 1 primer. That one does keep my oils at bay better than this (I haven't used the MUFE primer with the maybelline foundation, I be used it with MUFE mat velvet). I'm going to try and return it.
Sarah P.
Bridgeport , NY
I alternate between a few primers that I love now and this is one of them. I love the way my makeup looks over this primer. It was recommended to me by a Sephora employee, not because I needed it because I am acne prone or even to minimize pores necessarily, but because as I near 40, I am starting to notice fine lines/wrinkles (*cringe!*) and she thought that this primer might help reduce them as well. AND IT DID. So, this product gets a huge recommendation from me because not only does it do as advertised, it does a whole lot more! Love it!
Taylor B.
Beaverton, OR
Really impressed with this primer! minimizes pores and doesn't irritate acne. Not oily at all and does mattify well! I have even put this on over oily-sunscreen-face to mattify my face and it worked beautifully! Make-up applies well on top of this, but I'm not sure how much longer it really makes it last. That being said, I do touch and rub my face a lot, so that could be a huge factor.
denise r.
Where can i find one of these ?
Justine E.
Bethesda, MD
Kelsey G.
Elkridge, MD
Does this really help with acne?
Diana  G.
Is this a good primer for oily skin?
Christine T.