Cover FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment

BY COVER FX

A weightless gel primer that mattifies the skin, addresses blemishes, and minimizes the appearance of pores. Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, and triclocarban, and contains less than one percent of synthetic fragrances. This product is also vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free. This primer provides a matte finish and extended shine control. It’s formulated with salicylic acid to prevent and address the cause of blemishes. It also visibly blurs the look of pores.

How To:
-Apply to well-moisturized skin with your fingertips, prior to makeup application.

Salicylic Acid 1%
Cyclopentasiloxane, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Squalane, Phenyl Methicone, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Bisabolol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopherol, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-60 Almond Glycerides, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Phytosphingosine, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate, Carbomer, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Oleanolic Acid, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

• Makeup holy grails: primer edition. What primer helps mak...3 Answers
  • what is your go to staple product that regardless of what...2 Answers
  • this product actually improves expression lines?1 Answers
Cover FX  Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment
Cover FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment
Buy on ULTA
M W.
Saginaw, MI
I've only tried this in a sample size, but it lasted a couple months! The normal size must last a long time, which makes it a nice value. I think this lived up to the "anti-acne treatment" part because I don't recall ever really breaking out from it... a big plus. As far as the mattifying side, I'm not so sure. I have combo skin, and this primer never really felt like it stood out either way. (which can be good and bad) The good is that I obviously didn't melt like the Wicked Witch; the bad is that it didn't do enough to make a big difference.
Asia G.
Milwaukee, WI
I really like this primer, and it does what it claims. I used this product every day and it did a good job with minimizing pores, and I even noticed a slight difference in my skin. Its super easy to apply and I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an effective primer. One thing that I think they could improve is that this primer is a little expensive and in my opinion you don't get a lot of product for the price
Taylor G.
The Cover FX Mattifying Primer was recommended to me by a Sephora employee after I told her I was worried about my pores and how oily my face was by the end of the day. After using it for a couple of days, I would have told you that it was one of my Holy Grail products. However, after two weeks of using this primer my skin was back to being oily by the end of the day. It's a great primer for keeping makeup on for the entire day but if you're buying it for the mattifying effect there are better options.
Monica S.
Nibley, UT
1,038 reviews
I had always heard of this product and randomly received it in a boxycharm box! WOW! It’s amazing! My makeup stays in tact all night! I go out once in a while and in a club where it’s gross and hot my makeup was looking amazing because this product really works. It smooths our your pores and i la very light weight! Once I run out I’m buying more for sure!
Brooke H.
Dickinson, ND
This primer does what it says: mattifies and primes the skin. i used to use this when i had very oily skin and i had bought the small size. it somewhat blurred pores but not as much as other pore blurring primers i have tried. if this was a drugstore price i would likely repurchase but the price is not worth the effect it has. not a bad product, simply overpriced.
Elizabeth S.
SPRINGFIELD, MA
This is ok, I don't really notice a big difference when I use this. I don't have too many breakouts but I do get oily in my T-zone. I do like the feel of the product when I put it on. It sinks right into my skin. This is not thick like the makeup forever mattifying primer. This has a very thin serum like consistency. I will continue to use it to see if maybe I am just using this wrong because I see a lot of good reviews for this.
Corisa K.
Flushing, NY
When I was suffering from cystic acne, I was recommended this product by many MUAs and beauty gurus on YouTube. However, the matte left a weird feeling on my skin and I could feel it clogging my pores. It made my acne worse and didn't hold my liquid foundation well, especially during the hotter days! Although, my acne has mainly been controlled (I still get the occasional hormonal pimples and am left with scars) my bad experience with this product has led me to never use it again.
Libby M.
Colchester, VT
I’m going to start by saying this primer broke me out, hence the 3 stars considering it’s an anti-acne agents. HOWEVER it is a very nice primer that makes my pores look invisible, mattifies the skin, feels silky and comfortable, and reduces shine throughout the day. I will not purchase this product again, however I will continue to use it because it doesn’t break me out any MORE than other silicone-based mattifying primers do. With that being said, if your looking to protect your face from breakouts when applying makeup, this isn’t it. However it is a nice overall primer- just not as advertised in my opinion.
Amanda L.
Redlands, CA
This is one of the best primers I've ever used! It's really strong since it is an acne fighting primer, and can be harsh if you have sensitive skin, but it really does help so much! It evens out your skin tone, it drys out acne spots, while also keeping your foundation on all day and preventing it from moving! It REALLY keeps your matte all day and keeps oil at bay and helps tremendously with looking shiny. Absolutely love this product and would buy a million times more!
Estrella S.
Seguin, TX
I received this in my May boxycharm and instantely fell in love. I applied it after my moisturizer and noticed it minimized my pores quickly. My foundation glide on smoothly and my skin appeared airbrushed and flawless. I definitely found a favorite and will be purchasing one. Plus a little goes a long way. I also enjoyed the fact that it’s a neutral color and it doesn’t leave stain like most primers. I love it.
denise r.
Where can i find one of these ?
Justine E.
Washington , DC
Kelsey G.
Elkridge, MD
Does this really help with acne?
Diana  G.
Is this a good primer for oily skin?
Christine T.