COVER FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment

BY COVER FX

What it is:

What it is formulated to do:

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:

Please note that this product was formerly known as ClearPrep FX.

• what is your go to staple product that regardless of what...2 Answers
  • this product actually improves expression lines?1 Answers
  • Makeup holy grails: primer edition. What primer helps mak...2 Answers
COVER FX  Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment
COVER FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment
Alyssa H.
I had a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and I didn't think it was anything special. It was easy to apply because of its gel-like and silicony consistency and was smooth, but I didn't notice that my makeup stayed on longer than any other primer and I didn't notice a difference with acne. It was pretty mattifying but I have other primers that do a better job of mattifying my face and keeping me oil-free and matte. All in all this primer is okay. I'm not sure if it's worth my money.
Tiffany T.
Minford, OH
This primer is an amazing mattifying and acne treating primer, two amazing features in one product. It's a very creamy easy to apply primer that modifies really well. I get the occasional break out even at age 30, so I really like the acne fighting ingredients. It feels good to know that my primer is also protecting my skin. Makeup applies really well over top of the primer and I noticed that my T-Zone does not get oily, like it normally does comma when using this mattifying primer. I got this as a sample with my Sephora order and I will definitely be purchasing the full size immediately.
Alissa M.
San Antonio
I tried this primer about a year ago. I dint really have a negative opinion on it, but for some reason I never repurchased. I like that it’s made for acne and acne prone skin and I’m considering giving it another go since I have been talking to my dermatologist about possibly starting accutane/Isotretinoin. I think it would be good to have a primer that’s made for acne if you are breaking out a lot and trying to cover it and wearing makeup fairly often. They have a few finishes, example matte and natural. I look forward to updating my review once I try this again.
Mackenzie C.
Danville, IN
I recently got this as a sample and was super eager to try it. I have combo-oily skin with major dry patches and have had mild acne half of my life (10 years now). I rarely get big breakouts anymore but the night before I tried this I did. I applied this primer and it 1. Helped control oil so I didn’t shine and my makeup didn’t rub off, and 2. My breakouts had gone down to almost unnoticeable by the end of the night. I am still so impressed as I didn’t expect that result at all. I’m going to purchase the full size asap. Best primer for my skin.
M W.
Saginaw, MI
I've only tried this in a sample size, but it lasted a couple months! The normal size must last a long time, which makes it a nice value. I think this lived up to the "anti-acne treatment" part because I don't recall ever really breaking out from it... a big plus. As far as the mattifying side, I'm not so sure. I have combo skin, and this primer never really felt like it stood out either way. (which can be good and bad) The good is that I obviously didn't melt like the Wicked Witch; the bad is that it didn't do enough to make a big difference.
Allison H.
I started off with a sample size of this product and enjoyed using it so I purchased the full size. I would say it is good for combination and oily skin. However while I enjoyed using it in the sample size once I bought the full size I started to get bored with it (is that horrible?). I noticed that while some of my oil was controlled I still got a very oily nose by the end of the day and my makeup was no longer locked in place. While it's a good primer I won't repurchase. I think it is more suited for combination skin and not very oily skin.
Asia G.
Toledo, OH
I really like this primer, and it does what it claims. I used this product every day and it did a good job with minimizing pores, and I even noticed a slight difference in my skin. Its super easy to apply and I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for an effective primer. One thing that I think they could improve is that this primer is a little expensive and in my opinion you don't get a lot of product for the price
Taylor G.
The Cover FX Mattifying Primer was recommended to me by a Sephora employee after I told her I was worried about my pores and how oily my face was by the end of the day. After using it for a couple of days, I would have told you that it was one of my Holy Grail products. However, after two weeks of using this primer my skin was back to being oily by the end of the day. It's a great primer for keeping makeup on for the entire day but if you're buying it for the mattifying effect there are better options.
Monica S.
Nibley, UT
I had always heard of this product and randomly received it in a boxycharm box! WOW! It’s amazing! My makeup stays in tact all night! I go out once in a while and in a club where it’s gross and hot my makeup was looking amazing because this product really works. It smooths our your pores and i la very light weight! Once I run out I’m buying more for sure!
Brooke H.
Dickinson, ND
This primer does what it says: mattifies and primes the skin. i used to use this when i had very oily skin and i had bought the small size. it somewhat blurred pores but not as much as other pore blurring primers i have tried. if this was a drugstore price i would likely repurchase but the price is not worth the effect it has. not a bad product, simply overpriced.
denise r.
Where can i find one of these ?
Justine E.
Bethesda, MD
Kelsey G.
Elkridge, MD
Does this really help with acne?
Diana  G.
Is this a good primer for oily skin?
Christine T.