BY COVER FX #41 in Face Primer

What it is:

What it is formulated to do:

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:

Please note that this product was formerly known as ClearPrep FX.

• what is your go to staple product that regardless of what...2 Answers
  • this product actually improves expression lines?1 Answers
  • My birthday look using Face: Cover FX Mattifying Primer ...2 Answers
Taylor V.
BRADENTON, FL
If there weren’t drugstore options that are on par (and even better than) with this primer I could feel better about giving it another star but even then this is a mediocre primer at best. It works like any other silicone based primer and has the same texture you’d expect. It does work at keeping my skin smooth but I’ve noticed in the past couple weeks as our humidity is getting back up to 100% that it doesn’t keep my foundation from separating after the 5/6 hour mark. I’m also pretty sure this is causing minor breakouts along my forehead but I’m determined to use this up so I won’t know for sure until I have and am able to stop using it. I will say the tube lasts for awhile as you only need a tiny amount. I use it 3-5 days a week and have been for at least two months. I still have at least half of it left. Due to the price and the fact that what’s supposed to set this apart from other silicone, smoothing primers possibly not holding true (the anti-acne treatment) I’ll have to stick with my low rating. I was so excited to try this out after I received it in my Lucky Bag this year so it’s such a bummer it didn’t work out!
Ksenia T.
Weehawken, NJ
I live by this primer. This in conjunction with the natural finish foundation have kept my skin healthy and alive through some tough times. This primer smooths out your skin and makes it very silky so that your foundation goes on super smoothly and is easily blendable, I took this summer off from using primer/foundation and switched to a tinted moisturizer, and let me tell you-- the SECOND fall came around and the temperatures started going nuts, my skin freaked out, and switching back to this primer and the coverx natural finish foundation completely resolved my issues. I'm still working on healing from september/october, but the progress is astounding. Definitely would recommend and have already turned many people onto it who didn't even know that primer was a thing.
Mikaelah N.
Rochester
Cover FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment was the first silicone primer I found that I didn't hate to have on my face. It doesn't have that super obvious slip feeling that can make you feel greasy, as with most silicone based primers. My foundation hasn't had any issues with pilling after using it on top of this primer, and it has helped some with calming redness from acne. I only put it around my nose and cheeks where I really want to have a flawless canvas to work with. A little goes a long way, so I only need it in the travel size.
Kenzie C.
Poplar Bluff, MO
I recently got this as a sample and was super eager to try it. I have combo-oily skin with major dry patches and have had mild acne half of my life (10 years now). I rarely get big breakouts anymore but the night before I tried this I did. I applied this primer and it 1. Helped control oil so I didn’t shine and my makeup didn’t rub off, and 2. My breakouts had gone down to almost unnoticeable by the end of the night. I am still so impressed as I didn’t expect that result at all. I’m going to purchase the full size asap. Best primer for my skin.
Melanie D.
This was pretty great. I got this as a sephora point perk and debated buying the full size, but didnt because i have commitment issues. It is smooth and doesnt ball up or have a weird color. I applied this only to my t zone as thats where i get oily, then applied a smoothing primer all over the face. This kept my shine at bay, as opposed to smoothing primer alone. I didnt notice any changes in my t zone acne while using this, which isnt what i use a primer for anyway but i took a star off since it claims to fight acne.
Amy S.
This is an oily skin girls dream right here. I had not really tried a whole lot of cover fix problems products and when the Sephora consultant recommended this one I wasn’t super excited but picked it up anyways. I am glad that I did. It’s a clear primer. Feels like most primers. Kinda silicone ish. But it does not make me break out, holds on to my makeup all day and my makeup still looks amazing at the end of the day. Give this one a try if you are oily and prone to breakouts. It does have a small amount of salicylic acid which for me my skin loved!
Mo K.
Nyack , NY
Overall, this isn't a bad primer, but it's not a great one either. It does keep me matte for 6-8 hours, which is great. However, it just doesn't really do anything for my foundation. It doesn't help my foundation look better or nicer. I find that when I use this primer, with all of my foundations and setting powders, my makeup always looks flat. It may make the foundation a little too matte. This is especially the case when I use a mattifying foundation to start with.

The formula of this primer is a little strange. It looks like a typical silicone primer, but when you rub it in it doesn't have that slippery feel. It's also thicker than a regular silicone primer. Instead of having that slippery feel, it feels moisturizing. It does create a nice smooth canvas for your foundation.

I don't recommend this primer, especially for the price. There are drugstore options that work much better than this one.
Dani M.
bellingham, WA
I was actually really surprised with this product. I had a sample size i took with me on my trip to europe because i couldnt use my full size primer anyways, i broke out from the long plane ride and literally after one, i repeat ONE use I saw significant reduction in my breakout of redness and size of pimples it was shocking. I am going to buy the full size once I run out!!
Jennifer G.
One of my FAVORITE primers. This is your guilty free wearing primer when you want to do your makeup but do not want to clog your pores or damage your skin from any zits lurking in your face. This primer is inexpensive and gentle on those red areas on the face. It will help sooth the zit while you look flawless with your makeup all at the same time.
Ava B.
Worthington, PA
I have fairly oily skin, but for the price, I do not think that this primer did enough for my skin at all. It really doesn't keep my oils at bay that much, and if you leave the product standing up it leaks into the cap, wasting a lot of the product. I also don't feel like this does anything to help with my acne either. I would not buy again.
denise r.
Where can i find one of these ?
Justine E.
Bethesda, MD
Kelsey G.
Elkridge, MD
Does this really help with acne?
Diana  G.
Is this a good primer for oily skin?
Christine T.