COVER FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment

BY COVER FX

What it is:

What it is formulated to do:

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:

Please note that this product was formerly known as ClearPrep FX.

• what is your go to staple product that regardless of what...2 Answers
  • this product actually improves expression lines?1 Answers
  • Makeup holy grails: primer edition. What primer helps mak...2 Answers
COVER FX  Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment
COVER FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment
Taylor V.
BRADENTON, FL
If there weren’t drugstore options that are on par (and even better than) with this primer I could feel better about giving it another star but even then this is a mediocre primer at best. It works like any other silicone based primer and has the same texture you’d expect. It does work at keeping my skin smooth but I’ve noticed in the past couple weeks as our humidity is getting back up to 100% that it doesn’t keep my foundation from separating after the 5/6 hour mark. I’m also pretty sure this is causing minor breakouts along my forehead but I’m determined to use this up so I won’t know for sure until I have and am able to stop using it. I will say the tube lasts for awhile as you only need a tiny amount. I use it 3-5 days a week and have been for at least two months. I still have at least half of it left. Due to the price and the fact that what’s supposed to set this apart from other silicone, smoothing primers possibly not holding true (the anti-acne treatment) I’ll have to stick with my low rating. I was so excited to try this out after I received it in my Lucky Bag this year so it’s such a bummer it didn’t work out!
Ksenia T.
Weehawken, NJ
I live by this primer. This in conjunction with the natural finish foundation have kept my skin healthy and alive through some tough times. This primer smooths out your skin and makes it very silky so that your foundation goes on super smoothly and is easily blendable, I took this summer off from using primer/foundation and switched to a tinted moisturizer, and let me tell you-- the SECOND fall came around and the temperatures started going nuts, my skin freaked out, and switching back to this primer and the coverx natural finish foundation completely resolved my issues. I'm still working on healing from september/october, but the progress is astounding. Definitely would recommend and have already turned many people onto it who didn't even know that primer was a thing.
Melanie D.
This was pretty great. I got this as a sephora point perk and debated buying the full size, but didnt because i have commitment issues. It is smooth and doesnt ball up or have a weird color. I applied this only to my t zone as thats where i get oily, then applied a smoothing primer all over the face. This kept my shine at bay, as opposed to smoothing primer alone. I didnt notice any changes in my t zone acne while using this, which isnt what i use a primer for anyway but i took a star off since it claims to fight acne.
Shante A.
Los Angeles, CA
I used a deluxe sized sample of the COVER FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment for about 1 month and I really enjoyed it. This primer reminds me of Smashbox’s primer, which NYX has a more afforable dupe for. Anyways, this primer went on smooth and did not pill up and worked well with the foundation I was using (Tarte Rainforest of the Sea).
It did not help smooth over pores, which is why I deducted 1 star.
I was overall happy with this product, but I could easily buy something similar for a cheaper price.
Amy S.
This is an oily skin girls dream right here. I had not really tried a whole lot of cover fix problems products and when the Sephora consultant recommended this one I wasn’t super excited but picked it up anyways. I am glad that I did. It’s a clear primer. Feels like most primers. Kinda silicone ish. But it does not make me break out, holds on to my makeup all day and my makeup still looks amazing at the end of the day. Give this one a try if you are oily and prone to breakouts. It does have a small amount of salicylic acid which for me my skin loved!
Mo K.
Nyack, NY
Overall, this isn't a bad primer, but it's not a great one either. It does keep me matte for 6-8 hours, which is great. However, it just doesn't really do anything for my foundation. It doesn't help my foundation look better or nicer. I find that when I use this primer, with all of my foundations and setting powders, my makeup always looks flat. It may make the foundation a little too matte. This is especially the case when I use a mattifying foundation to start with.

The formula of this primer is a little strange. It looks like a typical silicone primer, but when you rub it in it doesn't have that slippery feel. It's also thicker than a regular silicone primer. Instead of having that slippery feel, it feels moisturizing. It does create a nice smooth canvas for your foundation.

I don't recommend this primer, especially for the price. There are drugstore options that work much better than this one.
Dani M.
bellingham, WA
I was actually really surprised with this product. I had a sample size i took with me on my trip to europe because i couldnt use my full size primer anyways, i broke out from the long plane ride and literally after one, i repeat ONE use I saw significant reduction in my breakout of redness and size of pimples it was shocking. I am going to buy the full size once I run out!!
Jennifer G.
One of my FAVORITE primers. This is your guilty free wearing primer when you want to do your makeup but do not want to clog your pores or damage your skin from any zits lurking in your face. This primer is inexpensive and gentle on those red areas on the face. It will help sooth the zit while you look flawless with your makeup all at the same time.
Huda F.
Daly City, CA
Cover FX is one of the best brands out on the market they are 1 of those brands where you can totally rely and depend on the product and know that it will work This matifying primer is awesome if you are oily just put a little bit in your T zone apply your foundation and you are good to go love this product and totally recommend!
Sydney A.
Encinitas
This primer works really well for keeping oil at bay. I have not noticed anything for blemishes but it feels nice on the skin and preps the skin well for makeup application. It is pretty expensive though which is a drawback.
denise r.
Where can i find one of these ?
Justine E.
Bethesda, MD
Kelsey G.
Elkridge, MD
Does this really help with acne?
Diana  G.
Is this a good primer for oily skin?
Christine T.