Cover FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment

A weightless gel primer that mattifies the skin, addresses blemishes, and minimizes the appearance of pores. Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, and triclocarban, and contains less than one percent of synthetic fragrances. This product is also vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free. This primer provides a matte finish and extended shine control. It’s formulated with salicylic acid to prevent and address the cause of blemishes. It also visibly blurs the look of pores.

How To:
-Apply to well-moisturized skin with your fingertips, prior to makeup application.

Salicylic Acid 1%
Cyclopentasiloxane, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Squalane, Phenyl Methicone, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Bisabolol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopherol, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-60 Almond Glycerides, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Phytosphingosine, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate, Carbomer, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Oleanolic Acid, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

Is it good for oily skin ?
How does this work for oily skin?
I’ve been using this primer for a while and it’s been fairly good, but I’m looking to try another that is mattifying but won’t dry my skin out. What other primer is great for oil control without overdrying my makeup?
Start your review of Cover FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“awesome primer for underneath your foundation if your looking for a product that is mattifying! and this product also helps to reduce the size of your pores and very easy to work into the skin i would consider buying this again” in reviews
“...definitely stays on longer when i use it and i don't feel like it spurs breakouts. ” in reviews
Randolph
Cover FX  Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment uploaded by Regine I.
Cover FX  Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment uploaded by Regine I.
Purchased at: Sephora
The picture says it all. No filter. No soft touch edits. This is raw. I took this 3 weeks post birth delivery. My skin was absolutely awful and I couldn’t bare the sight of myself. This primer helped me regain my confidence. I used this as well as anti inflammatory cream because my hormones were going crazy and it helped me so much. I didn’t feel smothered or over caked up. I’ve been using this ever since and the best part is this is a clean line! Give it a try! 👌🏾Cover FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment
North East, MD
This primer works fairly well but I found that sometimes primer on more mature skin makes the foundation almost slide off the skin. So you trade problem of it settling into lines with the problem of it being streaky and shifting because it doesn't quite blend with your skin as well. I know of use this on other people because I love doing makeup for my friends for different events and is worked well on other people so I guess it just depends on your skin.
Northbrook
I love this product! This was my go to face primer this summer! I used to always have very dry skin but this summer it decided to go full on oily! I also have acne prone skin. This primer helped keep my face nice and matte through hot summer days and it helped to combat my acne! Did the primer truly help clear my acne? Not sure. But it kept my skin matte and didn't make my breakouts worse so to me it's a win!
Baton Rouge, LA
Purchased at: ULTA
I love this primer! It helps keep my skin oil free and matte, and I’ve noticed a difference in my breakouts. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, is that it does feel very oily upon application. It does dry nicely and keeps my makeup on longer, but it can’t be used alone due to how oily it makes the skin feel. Overall, I love the product, just wish it didn’t have such an oily feel when used alone!
Lancaster, PA
I got this as a sample from Sephora years ago and it easily became one of my all time favorite primers!! I have blemish and acne prone skin due to Endometriosis hormone imbalances and this works amazingly under my makeup. It helps shrink my breakouts and cover them up so nicely! I notice a huge difference in my skin when using it. Sometimes I just put this on when I don’t want to wear makeup as a little treatment!
Snellville, GA
I love this primer. The consistency, the pore-filling efforts, the texture, and everything is very nice. I switched from the 'benefit porefessional' to this one because this porefessional seemed to build up and turned into a weird balled up texture. I have noticed that this one actually works well with the anti-acne treatment. I have repurchased this three times and I love this primer.
Bonney Lake, WA
This did not mattify my skin, and actually made areas that get a bit oily get oilier faster. I’m a firm believer in using hydrating ingredients/primers versus mattifying primers to control oil because they help balance your bodies natural oil production versus temporarily covering it up. I didn’t notice a difference in acne or longevity of makeup while using this either.
Citrus Hts, CA
I received this product in a beauty box so I can’t speak on the price. This did nothing for me as far as mattifying goes. It has a nice texture, but my skin is on the oily side, so I felt this made it worse. I have used almost the entire bottle and will keep using until it’s gone, I feel that is the only way I can give a thorough review. I will have to pass on this one.
Hadley, MA
Cover FX  Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment uploaded by Kelsey B.
Purchased at: Sephora
I absolutely love this primer as I know when I’m wearing makeup my skin is protected and being treated. Additionally it leaves a slick finish which is perfect for makeup to be applied on. I don’t see a MAJOR difference when wearing it but there definitely is a difference in the appearance of my pores. Cover FX Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment
I feel kind of mixed about this primer. I really want to love it because it's supposed to do what it says but I just don't see it on my face whenever I use it. Maybe I'm not using enough of it and I'm only using it in spots I feel like I need it more but it doesn't feel like it helps with my acne and it only makes my skin look matte for a while.

107 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Springfield, IL