BY COVER FX #50 in Face Primer

What it is:

What it is formulated to do:

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:

Please note that this product was formerly known as ClearPrep FX.

Mo K.
Nyack, NY
Overall, this isn't a bad primer, but it's not a great one either. It does keep me matte for 6-8 hours, which is great. However, it just doesn't really do anything for my foundation. It doesn't help my foundation look better or nicer. I find that when I use this primer, with all of my foundations and setting powders, my makeup always looks flat. It may make the foundation a little too matte. This is especially the case when I use a mattifying foundation to start with.

The formula of this primer is a little strange. It looks like a typical silicone primer, but when you rub it in it doesn't have that slippery feel. It's also thicker than a regular silicone primer. Instead of having that slippery feel, it feels moisturizing. It does create a nice smooth canvas for your foundation.

I don't recommend this primer, especially for the price. There are drugstore options that work much better than this one.
Ksenia T.
Weehawken, NJ
I live by this primer. This in conjunction with the natural finish foundation have kept my skin healthy and alive through some tough times. This primer smooths out your skin and makes it very silky so that your foundation goes on super smoothly and is easily blendable, I took this summer off from using primer/foundation and switched to a tinted moisturizer, and let me tell you-- the SECOND fall came around and the temperatures started going nuts, my skin freaked out, and switching back to this primer and the coverx natural finish foundation completely resolved my issues. I'm still working on healing from september/october, but the progress is astounding. Definitely would recommend and have already turned many people onto it who didn't even know that primer was a thing.
Kaitlyn L.
I think that this primer is great! I am not one to usually wear a primer and this is the first one I have stuck with and I will definitely be a primer user for life now! It really does hold your makeup longer and it doesn't wear off as quickly.  It is also very smooth to put on. I love that it has acne fighting ingredients as well.  I cannot say that it completely cleared up my skin, but it definitely has not gotten any worse since I started using it.  The reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is it is VERY pricey. It also doesn't keep my oil at bay for more than a few hours, so I do not find it as mattifying as it claims.
Melanie D.
This was pretty great. I got this as a sephora point perk and debated buying the full size, but didnt because i have commitment issues. It is smooth and doesnt ball up or have a weird color. I applied this only to my t zone as thats where i get oily, then applied a smoothing primer all over the face. This kept my shine at bay, as opposed to smoothing primer alone. I didnt notice any changes in my t zone acne while using this, which isnt what i use a primer for anyway but i took a star off since it claims to fight acne.
Dani M.
bellingham, WA
I was actually really surprised with this product. I had a sample size i took with me on my trip to europe because i couldnt use my full size primer anyways, i broke out from the long plane ride and literally after one, i repeat ONE use I saw significant reduction in my breakout of redness and size of pimples it was shocking. I am going to buy the full size once I run out!!
Radha A.
Plano, TX
This is my absolute favorite foundation for oily skin! It kept my makeup on all day without it sliding off like it usually does. I came into sephora and asked a worker which one she’d recommend, and she said this one is her favorite. Plus the anti-acne treatment keeps breakouts under control. Would recommend to everyone with oily skin/acne.
Anna L.
Suwanee, GA
I'm a fan. I have combination skin and I'm never putting on makeup for just a short stent...so I need staying power and that requires starting with a fresh and hydrated face and a TOP NOTCH primer...especially if your like me and trying (and slowly achieving) to master contouring. This is an excellent primer and worth the price.
Zaneta O.
Fresh Meadows, NY
This time saving two in one formula provides great assistance in keeping breakouts for those with acne prone skin under control. It provides a light medicated barrier between your skin and makeup to reduce dirt and oil seeping into your pores and causing breakouts. It extended the life and wear of your foundation. I dont recommend use near eyes. Get a separate shadow primer for that as you may experience irritation on your eyelids. Make sure you arent allergic if you have sensitive skin. Spot test it first. If you are using other ance medications in conjunction make sure you dont overdo it. Stay away from peroxide based creams or washes.
Amanda D.
Denver, CO
This primer is so amazing! It is a little pricey but last about a month or two. At first I was a little worried because it is oily at the touch but it goes away. It makes my makeup matte all day and I'm a cna. I've tried different primers for years and have finally found the one. I buy it from Sephora!
Morgan B.
So I admittedly have not dived into the confusing world of primers, but I was recommended this primer from a Sephora worker since  I am someone who doesn't have a lot of breakouts but I do breakout with certain makeup. She explained this as a "pillow between your skin and the foundation so the foundation sits right on top but doesn't irritate your skin and cause it to break out". I like that this primer helps my skin prevent from breaking out as if I have literally every type of foundation breaks me out, just some more than others. I'm very excited to continue using this primer to see if this will end up helping me with the 3 total foundations I have.
denise r.
Where can i find one of these ?
Justine E.
Bethesda, MD
Kelsey G.
Elkridge, MD
Does this really help with acne?
Diana  G.
Is this a good primer for oily skin?
Christine T.