BY COVER FX #26 in Setting Spray

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Description:

A quick drying setting spray that sets makeup for all day wear and imparts instant, all-over illumination.  It’s alcohol free, so it’s not drying to the skin.

What it does:

Ready. Set. Glow!  This alcohol-free setting spray provides instant illumination while giving your makeup serious staying power. The ultra-fine mist application delivers an even, luminous finish making this a perfect all-over highlighter for both face and body– and the more you mist, the more intense you glow.

Skin Types:

✔ Sensitive
✔ Normal
✔ Dry
✔ Oily

Water (Aqua, Eau), Butylene Glycol, PVP, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Poloxamer 407, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

• The most on my spray won't spray anymore and I don't know...7 Answers
  • How do you guys feel about cover fx illuminating setting ...9 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "my nozzle came broken but i opened it and used a different spray bottle for it, the glitter can be a little too much at times though and it still works well. i also have oily skin." in 44 reviews
Aubree T.
Albion
I want to start out by saying that I love cover FX. I wanted to love this setting spray too but I will not be repurchasing this. I received this in my boxycharm subscription and I was so excited, but I can't get past the glitter. I love a good highlight, but no matter how hard or long I shake this bottle it still dumps noticable flecks of glitter all over my face, and has a messy spray. I end up with shiny wet specks. I will say it works best to spray it into the air and then walk into the mist rather than spraying it directly onto your face. Either way I'm just not a fan of this one. Maybe I just received a bad bottle, because the formula it's self has amazing staying power when it comes to this product. If you can get past the glitter, then you might actually love it!
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
This was about the only really awesome item in this months boxycharm. I think that's where many of us got it. Because as great as this brand is, and its a really great and highly under rated brand there are just some really amazing setting sprays out there so I just don't see this being chosen by the majority because most just follow the hype.
Now I've loved high end makeup since before it became trendy. Because of that I know better than to follow the hype because if thats all I did I'd miss out on some really great gems that I've found that no one uses really.
Still, I don't think I would have ever purchased this. As I said I love the brand so its nothing against it but I have extremely, massively oily skin and so thats strike one and then I have an already really great setting spray that I love and that really works for me all day long which is so hard to find with my skin type since my makeup likes to slip right off of my face in an hour.
I go full glam daily. Probably more than most. From the Korean 10 step skincare system to primer to setting powder and setting spray and literally everything in between. I don't do the full on drag makeup that's popular with trendy Instagram and YouTube people today as it only looks good on camera and not in sunlight where no filters and pixels exist. I adore a more pretty girl type look.
Because of that something like this may work really great for me because I really dislike the whole mask like and powdery matte layered makeup look that just kind of happens with layers. To combat that I usually get my beauty blender wet and just kind of blend every thing in the end, then spray some mac fix plus on the bb and do it again all over my face, then spray a couple sprays of the fix plus then use my all nighter or deslick setting spray and it usually takes all that powdery look away for me without making me oily or ruining my makeup.
So if this could help me avoid all those steps I'd be ecstatic.
So its very important to shake before use as directed. I love how this sprays. It's different from any setting spray I've used. And trust me I've tried a lot! But this stuff is super fine and light and feels almost like it's not there. I'm not worried it's too wet ever but I do worry theres not enough but that's probably because I'm used to a more wet feel. It is a very silky type application if that makes sense.
there's no real scent to it so that should be a relief for those with sensitive noses or who know spraying basically perfume all over your face, which is what fragrance is, is bad for your face no matter how amazing it smells.
I do notice it keeps my makeup in tact very well from my eyeshadow to my eyeliner to foundation, blush, highlight, brows and more which is pretty amazing because theres usually nothing I can do to make my brows last this long.
It starts to wear off for me before end of day. Probably around the 6 to 8 hour mark but if I just use a couple touch up sprays I can make it the rest of the way.
It gives me a nice glow look without being glittery or shimmery at all or too dewy for my oily skin. This would be great for any skin type as it wont moisturize or dry you out. It's a simple and light setting spray that does a decent job.
You get a good amount for the price and it's priced similarly to compareable products in the high end makeup industry.
I haven't decided whether or not I will repurchase or stick to my urban decay but when I finish the bottle and/or make up my mind I will come back and let you know.
Overall I do recommend. Its a great product and I don't really have anything bad to say about it.
Rachel O.
Akron, OH
I received this product in my Boxy Charm box this month. I was really excited to receive it and a tad let down. It is supposed to be illuminating and I don't really notice that at all but other users say it is too glittery...? Not sure why I don't get that effect. When I first used it I questioned if I somehow was doing it wrong. The nozzle button is really hard to push down on and it comes out as a mist. The part I do like is that it is a mist. It's less startling than other setting sprays and I don't have to wait for my eyes to dry before opening them. However, the awkwardness of the difficulty to spray it really bothers me. I haven't really noticed yet how effective it is in extending my makeup life. I will use this bottle but probably wouldn't purchase.
Zoey N.
Love love love the mist on this one! It sprays out really finely mist. It’s like angels landing on your face. This does contain little glitter particles and if you don’t shake well, you will end up having glitters on one spot! I recommend spraying before you do your base. It leaves a beautiful dewy finish and those glitter particles are nowhere to be found underneath makeup. I’ve done it and it looked amazing. My skin looks healthy and glowing. It’s not the best idea to spray this as your last step. I didn’t see it hold my makeup for a long period of time but it doesn’t claim to be that so it’s fine!
Dana B.
Louisville, KY
I received this in my boxycharm. It's not a setting spray that I use everyday because of the glitter. But it is fun to use especially when you're going out at night or partying at the club. Be sure that you shake it up very well before using it or you won't get the benefits and it's not going to give you the effect of the spray. It is expensive so it's probably not one that I'll repurchase but I am quite pleased to have it in my collection and I do enjoy using it. It does make my makeup last longer so that hands down is one of the things that I look for in a setting spray but as I get older I'm not always looking for the glitter. If you have oil on your skin and you're worried about that showing this would probably not be for you but I have normal skin so it works good.
Andrea C.
El Paso, TX
I’m so upset at this packaging. Cover Fx is not a cheap brand, but when I buy it I am sure that I got what I paid for. The mixing drops and the glitter drops are amazing, obviously I expected no less from this. The first few times I used it I was in love, the product itself is illuminating, light and great. However, I have not been able to use it anymore because it is jammed! There’s a visible ball of glitter gunk in the pump that cannot be cleaned out. So what right? You can just put the product into another spray bottle. NO. Part of the appeal of this product is that the spray is super thin and soft. Other setting sprays feel like a water jet on your face and mess up your makeup. This was a great spray bottle, but it clogs and is useless.
Kelsey S.
Siesta Key , FL
I got this to try in a sephora priming and setting gift set. I loved it and used every last bit of it. I even took it to college with me (esthetician college course) and a few girls were passing it around admiring the fine mist on this bottle. lol. It really is a great mist though! It's refreshing like any good setting spray should be. It does illuminate like it says. Although it started to leave large particles towards the end of the bottle. I'm not sure why and I did try to clean out the spray nozzle to see if that would fix that issue, but nope. Thats the only flaw with this product. But it won't stop me from purchasing a full size bottle in the future. I recommend to try if you love a fine mist and illuminating products!
Dana M.
Liberty, SC
I love Cover FX. And I love a lot of things about this setting spray. But, you do not want to spray too much of this spray or your face will be covered in micro glitter to the point that you look like you belong in the Twilight movies. And, it's easy to overdo it because the mist is so so so fine that you literally can't feel it! I have tried to avoid the glitter by vigerously shaking and not shaking the bottle. While I'm grateful that I received this in my Boxycharm I probably won't repurchase this spray because of the glitter. I will recycle the bottle and use it with another setting spray when this is used up. If I get another Cover FX spray I will get the Dewy version.
Danielle M.
Somewhere in Texas
This is the WORST setting spray I have ever used. Now let me tell you why.
I received this full sized product in a boxy charm a few months ago. Now when it says "luminous" I didn't literally think that meant a spray bottle full of glitter but apparently it does.
The mister is great, you can't deny that. (That 1 star is for you booboo).
But, if you want to walk around looking like a character from twilight all day, then you might enjoy this. I was so disappointed when I tried this because it ruined a very nice face of makeup for me. And before anyone asks, I shook it up for a few minutes before I used it and I still managed to look like a very sparkly vampire.
Sara R.
Camdenton, MO
I love this product so much and will be repurchasing this over and over. It gives me such a nice glow on top of all my makeup. It helps me keep my foundation on longer. It is just the best one i have tried. I would recommend this to anyone the price might seem a little high but it is so worth every penny.

Just make sure that when you use it you shake it a few times before you spray to mix the glitter into the the actual spray. Also hold it arm length away from your face as the spray can be a little aggressive.
Cassie S.
Shady cove , OR
Does this make your face look oily
Emely C.
houston
I’ve seen this looks so pretty I wanted so bad but does it last all day ??
Kayla B.
Ironton, OH
How do you guys feel about cover fx illuminating setting spray? Too glittery? Just enough? Never tried it? COVER FX ILLUMINATING SETTING SPRAY
May N.
SHIRLEY, NY
The most on my spray won't spray anymore and I don't know if it's clogged or what 😭😭 Every time I try to spray it, the nozzle won't go down. CAN anyone Help?
Robin G.
Saint David, AZ
Does anyone have an opinion about this product. I have dry skin and like the achieve a more hydrated look.

back