BY COVER FX #45 in Highlighter

Description:

Ultra-concentrated illuminating and bronzing drops that allow you to customize your ideal glow with a liquid metal or sunkissed finish.

What it Does:

Available in seven illuminating shades, including: Halo, Blossom, Rose Gold, Celestial, Moonlight, Sunlight and Candlelight.These customizable drops can be used to create a buildable highlight.  Use them alone for a light reflective strobing, or add them to your favorite liquid foundation or skincare product for an all-over glow. Formulated with a high concentration of ultra-refined pearls, the seven illuminating drops produce a liquid metal finish. The more drops you use, the more luminosity you’ll get, allowing you to customize your glow.

Skin Types:

All Skin Types

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mica, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

• It can be mixed with foundation ?6 Answers
  • Does this product last all threw the day and does it leav...2 Answers
  • Worth it, or no? So many mixed reviews.4 Answers
Reviews (2064)
  • "this makes your face look do beautiful an luminous i love to use it alone an mixed in my foundation for a dewy look" in 15 reviews
  • "i own two of the customer enhancer drops (moonlight is the other). i received the full size of this in my limited edition boxycharm. i love moonlight but i wasn’t too sure i’d care for the halo color. i really like a drop mixed with my foundation. it provides a beautiful, subtle glow. i’ve used this as a highlight before on top of powder and it’s fine. work quickly with it. i use a damp mini beauty blender-type sponge. im not big on the pinky-purple shift (one start off) but if that’s what you like, you’ll love this. truly a unique color and product!" in 12 reviews
Kalia L.
Review for: Sunlight more...
I love this highlighter! It's literally like liquid metal. I bought item from Sephora for $42.
That being said, it's super pigmented! A little amount really goes a long way.
I usually highlight my cheek bones, nose bridge, tip of my nose, cupids bow, and sometime my chin. With this product, I do small dots (smaller than pea size) along where I want to highlight and then dab it/blend it with my finger tips. Be sure to blend it quickly as you apply it or it may end up looking a little chalky. This highlighter literally makes it look like the sunlight is hitting and kissing my skin.You can even mix this with your foundation to add a gleam but I personally haven't tried that out.
I would say that the only con about this product is that it is PRICEY and the tube size isn't that big. But like I said, a very small amount really goes a long way so it would last a long time for me.
I'm also a person who doesn't put on makeup everyday, so I'm not sure how long it would last for someone who puts on a full face makeup on the daily.
I definitely recommend this highlighter. I would re-purchase this item when it runs out. I also want to purchase the other color/shades in the future. I like how they have a variety of shades. I think it's universal for any skin tone.
Jessica N.
Kingsport , TN
Review for: Blossom more...
I LOVE this product! I like to use it mixed in with my foundation for an all over luminous glow or I like to dot in on top of my cheek bones and blend it out with a wet beauty sponge for an intense cheek highlight which is liquid and not powdery so it looks so natural. The shade I have is “Blossom” which is a light rose gold/pink shade with an intense pearly sheen. I have light to medium skin and this shade works wonderfully for my skin tone. How you apply them makes a huge difference, I think it makes a bigger difference in how it looks depending on your application technique rather than by the amount of product you apply. (I apply a drop or two on the back of my hand and then I take my finger and dot it on top of my cheekbones and anywhere else that I want to apply it and I take my damp beauty sponge and pounce it up and down on top of the dots and when you are done it will look so pretty and as if it is literally your skin! If you want you can set it with a powder highlighter that is similar in shade but you don’t have to!) These drops are seriously like liquid metal so a little bit does go a long way, they are extremely beautiful. I am obsessed with highlighting but had never really been much into cream or liquid highlighters. Powder highlighters can tend to look powdery and cakey on you skin sometimes but you don’t have to worry about that with these. Since they are a liquid formula, they look as if they have just melted into your skin. When mixed in to your foundation before you apply it, it gives your skin such a healthy and luminous look to it, and I love that you can add the drops into whatever you want to get that glow, whether it’s a B.B. or cc cream , a moisturizer, your spf; they be mixed into anything! I definitely want to pick up other shades! I love liquid highlighting now! How did I ever live without it???
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Moonlight, Other more...
I owned this in the color moonlight before the new colors came out and i now own it in Blossom as well.
 I would only suggest purchasing this at Sephora or Cult Beauty as anything else is guaranteed to be a fake now that places like AliExpress are so obvious.
 Let me start by saying i have ridiculously oily skin with a adult hormonal acne that is sometimes cystic and shows a lot of texture because of that and large pores.
 I was super hesitant to purchase this at the 42 dollars it costs because the bottle is small but it's not filled up and the amount inside is even smaller. Then i received this tiny sample bottle of moonlight in one of my sephora orders and i was super excited. It lasted forever and i stoll have it 6 months later and i use it pretty often.
 So because of how little you have to use for even the strobiest look this stuff lasts a very very long time which made it less daunting to spend that money on that amount. This was also when the new colors had just been released. So i went to Sephora and tested them all.  I really loved that pretty white, holographic color but i already owned the KVD Alchemist palette so it wasn't anything that was unique to my collection. Then i came across Blossom. An absolutely gorgeous almost holographic pink/ pearl which even with 9k spent at sephora the last 18 month's was and still is totally unique to my collection. It is probably not the best for the super fair ad it is almost too pink for a highlighter unless i have a tiny bit of a tan so light skin and above is probably ideal for that color.
 THE FORMULA: this stuff is super shimmery without having to layer a bunch of product on. But there's no glitter or fallout. Its just a really expensive looking multi dimesional unique coloring that is just ethereal and out of this world gorgeous. I still haven't found anything as pretty.
 And somehow it doesn't show any texture at all. It somehow perfects my skin no matter how textured it is that day. It also lasts forever. It doesnt fade or need touching up even on the most oily skin which is amazing since everything else just lirerally slides off by mid day for me.
  Its amazing for contouring but just use it sparingly on the cheek bones and temples and use something else to contour the rest of your face like a matte cream or yellow cream for contour otherwise its going to be way too much for real life especially during the day.
 This stuff is absolutely beautiful in every color. Moonlight is gorgeous on every skin color but especially pretty on very fair and light and light med skin. You can't go wrong with moonlight. Try some of the new colors though. They are so unique, but they really all are. Everyone should own at least one. Even if you own all the hyped up highlighters that everyone loves this will still take first place with you. Nothing can compare.
 I totally recommend this to everyone of all skin colors, undertones, skin types, ages, etc. Go get one!
Meaghann S.
Review for: Moonlight more...
I can't believe I genuinely like this product. I received it in a Play by Sephora box a few months ago and was scared because I never had used a liquid highlighter before. I'm also very pale and was afraid it would be too dark for my skin tone. The shade moonlight is very beautiful and a perfect champagne highlight for pale skin. I dab a little bit on the back of my hand and apply it lightly with my finger to the tops of my cheekbones. It lasts all day on my oily skin and I think it looks better compared to my powder highlighters. 4 stars because honestly if I didn't receive this in a subscription box I would have never bought it. I think it's over priced, especially now that the drugstore is coming out with so many highlighters. I'd be interesting in trying ones from Make Up Revolution before thinking about purchasing a full size of this product.
Haleigh N.
San Francisco, CA
Review for: Moonlight more...
I love this product, but it does have some pitfalls. The darker tan colors seem to blend well when used as a highlighter, but with the lighter colors it can be difficult to prevent that harsh line from forming. I also have yet to find the best way to blend this out- when I use a beauty blender it's hard to get it just right and can spread to my under eye area, so I alternate between a stippling blush and my fingers. It also doesn't look good when it's put on over powder, so I have to put this on before I set my under eyes or put on blush. However, when I get it just right, I feel like a disco ball reflecting light on all my haters. I also prefer a more glam highlight so I like to layer a powder one on top of this to get a more POW effect. It's also perfect for under the brow bone or Cupid's bow, which is wear I use it the most
Neecole E.
Panorama City, CA
Review for: Other more...
This has easily become one of my favorite highlighters on the market. I used it on my friend for her senior portraits to give her a nice glow in her pictures and OH MY GOODNESS she was glowing from a mile away. I applied it to her cheek bones before applying anything else then I went ahead and did the rest of her face without setting anything and then I went back and applied a little bit more and BOOM she didn’t need any powder highlight on top of it. I find that it moves my product around on the face so my trick is just applying it to the back of my hand and warming up the product with my beauty sponge and then proceeding to apply it to the face. When I apply it directly on the face, dropper and all, it leaves marks where I had originally placed the drops. So an effortless blend onto the face requires me to take the extra step and apply it to the back of my hand then applying it to the face but it’s definitely worthhhhh it!! I love it so much. A little goes a VERY long way.
Génesis M.
Houston,TX
Review for: Other more...
The cover FX drops can either be mixed into your foundation for a radiant finish on your skin or you can use your fingers and pat the product onto the high points of your cheeks or even down the bridge of your nose. Because of it’s pinkie shade, this highlight is great when used on the cheeks almost as an illuminating blush. I warn you, do not drop the liquid straight onto your face with the dropper!!!!!! I have made this mistake countless times and I looked like a clown! The liquid went everywhere because I had applied too much and it made it dificult to blend out. I would suggest using your finger to get some of the excess liquid that is just on the outside of the dropper tube and apply that to the face for best results, and build up from there.
Natalie Z.
Milwaukee , WI
Review for: Sunset more...
I just recently purchased this as a sort of hydrating bronzer, it is very versatile and I can imagine mixing it with my foundation in the summer to give a new sun kissed tone to my foundation ( huda faux filter) my skin is very pale in the spring and I have no problem blending this liquid bronzer toward my hairline with a wet beauty blender for a really hydrated looking glow (with no sparkles or glitter which is always unflattering on my skin.)
Cover fx drops have been a really nice edition to my makeup ritual. (Replacing my longtime love Benefit hoola)
Karimah P.
Baltimore
I went into Sephora for a sample of the custom enhance drops in the shade candlelight. I went back and purchased this product immediately. I saw a great review on the product on YouTube so I was interested to try my first. At first I was hesitant about the price ($42 I believe) however I think the price is WELL worth it because you get a great amount of product that lasts a long time. You can add this product to your foundation for a more radiant glow or you can apply it directly on to your face. This has definitely become a staple in my makeup routine and has a great level of pop to my face. It is very beautiful and I will purchase again once I run out! I highly recommend if you are in search of a liquid highlighter.
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
Review for: Moonlight, Candlelight, Celestial, Other more...
I was a little bit skeptical of using liquid highlight for quite a while just because I didn't want it to break down my foundation and I wanted something that would blend really well so this worried me a bit (plus it does come with a pretty hefty price tag). I picked up the set of the 4 minis from Sephora as part of the holiday value set and I have been using them since I got them. All of the colors really are so beautiful and theres something to fit any skin tone. These drops look beautiful as a highlight over foundation, they work well under foundation to give that lit from within glow, and they mix into foundation really well to add a radiance thats slightly more intense than applying it under foundation. I don't find that this fades throughout the day and it doesn't seem to get patchy either. I would recommend possibly going for the value set because then you can try out a few of the color for the price of one full size one, plus a little bit goes a long way so they will still last you quite a while.
Keri G.
Pittsburgh, PA
Looking to buy this product...which one will work with fair skin?? :)
Heidy M.
Pflugerville, Tx
I really want this in my life but can't justify spending 42 on it!? Anyone know of a good cheaper dupe for it or one that works just as well? Or is it just that amazing that I must spend the 42 for them? Lol
Sidni G.
What is your opinion on the COVER FX CUSTOM ENHANCER DROPS? Are they good or a waste of money? And what's the best shade for a tan/medium skin tone? Are they good highlighters
Sylia H.
Alger
It can be mixed with foundation ?
Caitlyn M.
I love the pay off but it is ok to use on oily skin? Does it enhance larger pores?