BY COVER FX

A revolutionary drop formula of concentrated pigments that allows you to weightlessly transform products in your beauty regimen into your ideal coverage. This innovative formula contains Flash Fusion Technology, so as soon as you drop in and mix with your favorite product, nothing but pure pigment is left behind allowing you to customize your ideal level of coverage. Blend them with anything liquid to create your desired coverage, including moisturizers, serums, oils, primers, foundations, and tinted moisturizers that are water, oil, or silicone-based. Simply adjust your coverage by the number of drops you add. The pigments are coated with lecithin, which is biochemically similar to the skin, to ensure seamless blending, precise control, and the smoothest application. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates Custom Cover Drops are NOT designed to be used alone. Failure to shake well before adding drops to your favorite product will distort the coverage and result in less than desirable results. Control your level of coverage by adjusting how many drops you use: one drop for sheer coverage, two drops for medium coverage, three drops for full coverage, and four drops for total coverage.

Hailey B.
Lincoln, NE
Review for: N90 (dark to deep skin w/neutral undertones) more...
Product Of The Day 10/10

The Cover FX Custom Coverage Drops are every girls dream! I ran into these amazing babies a few weeks ago at Sephora and was so intrigued by them I had to get a sample. If you’re anything like me and like to change up your coverage of your foundations these coverage drops are god sent.

For many people they have gone their entire makeup life not knowing there are different types of coverage a foundation can give you. I was definitely guilty of that up until I started working for Clinique! The first thing I do when I am helping someone pick out a foundation is ask them what kind of coverage they are looking for and most of the time I get a blank stare where then I ask sheer, moderate or full coverage! Sheer coverage is going to be more of your tinted moisturizers the will give you more of a light glow and subtle color. Moderate coverage is usually the base line foundation, it give you an even completion and covers some imperfections. Full coverage is going to be what I like to call the china doll skin. If you find the right full coverage foundation this will make any skin look airbrushed and smooth.

Over all Sheer, Moderate, and full coverage can be described as simply as the opacity or transparency options on most photo editing applications. Sheet is going to be your low opacity or no opacity means that it is clear and it will not conceal (or hide) a skin blemish. Whereas, your full coverage is going to be your High opacity which means that coverage is strong and will hide any blemish that it covers.

That being said you can see why the Cover FX Custom Coverage Drops can be amazing. Many people might just where one foundation and stick with it every day. Which if that’s you, more power to you. But like I said before I like to change up my coverage from day to day. Reason being some days if I’m just laying around or hanging out with some friends I don’t want to wear a full coverage airbrushed looking foundation. On the other hand if I’m going out, to a wedding, on a date, or anything of the shorts I want to have the most coverage possible.

Until I discovered these babies I usually rotate about 6-8 foundations depending on the season which is not only expensive but time consuming. I mean really how long does it take you to find that exact right match in a foundation only for you to become three shades darker with a tan. So with the Cover FX Custom Coverage Drops that completely takes away the need for multiple foundations. You can buy your favorite sheer foundation and then just simply add the drops to give you the exact coverage you need for that day.

These drops are NOT designed to be warn alone but are more of an additive because they are PURE PIGMENT. The great thing about that is you can add this to just about anything (moisturizer, foundation, oils, and serums). It’s also formulated without parabens and is a certified vegan makeup product which is a huge plus.

You can pick these babies up at just about and high end beauty store they retail for 44$ at both Sephora and Ulta. Be sure you are enrolled in the Sephora Beauty Insider Program and the Ulta Ultimate Rewards Program so that you can rack up the point and get free coupons on things like this! Right now the only deals I’ve seen with this is if you order directly form the Cover FX website, sign up for their rewards program and you receive 15 % off YOUR ENTIRE ORDER!!! I do suggest going and getting a sample before you by it to make sure the color match is right for you!

I have left the links down below. Let me know what you think in to comments and be sure to send me pictures if you do try this product out! Much Love, check back tomorrow for another Product Of the Day!

XOXO Hailey
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
This stuff is absolutely amazing. I went forever without buying it because come on. 42 dollars for drops to change the coverage or make the right color? Why don't I just buy the right colored foundation with coverage that I want? I'm sure many of you have thought that too.
Heres the thing though, no foundation is going to be a perfect match. We have skin colors and then undertones and our faces have different colors throughout, etc. Sometimes like with my undertone its extremely hard to find a foundation with the undertone exactly how I need it so it matches my skin and body. I still have to use a bit of blush and concealer at least to add those other colors and a bit of depth back to my face but it doesn't look so flat like with most foundations.
And then when you do find a good color it's not the perfect foundation formula or coverage. This changes all of that and makes it so easy.
So you pick one of these by your skin color AND correct undertone. Then you add one to three drops depending on the coverage you want to your current foundation and the amount you normally use to a mixing plate or the back of your hand and mix it up with the back of your brush or your fingers. It mixes quickly, easily and evenly.
Then you apply and the difference is huge. There's more depth, more coverage and the color is just beautiful and not completely flat. I love a few different foundations and a few different coverage options depending on the time of year, amount of acne I have, amount of discoloration, where I'm going and what I'm doing. I own a good 5 foundations that are all over 45 dollars a piece minimum. If I had bought this before those I would have just gotten a good medium coverage foundation and used these drops because thats basically what I'm doing now to get the perfect undertone coloring that I can't get any other way. I have a lot of pink and red in my skin. Its natural and not redness that shouldn't be there. That's my undertone. I'm very light as well though and usually foundations with red or a good amount of pink are only made for African American and darker women. They do make pink undertone foundation but its usually barely there or pink and yellow and mostly its just neutral. Its been a battle and unfortunately the lancome custom color made foundation is only available in a few states as its only just been made available in the US and that's 80 dollars minimum so this is a much easier option.
It may take a little work discovering your undertone but just Google how to figure it out and you can know within a minute. Also this stuff lasts forever. I was a bit hesitant to buy because the bottle is small and even worse its not even close to full so it seemed like a rip off. But honestly just like the custom enhancer drops it lasts forever people. 1 to 3 drops is literally nothing compared to the amount and how small the drops are. I've had mine over a year and have barely made a dent. It's definitely worth it and I totally recommend it. My perfect color is P30. I'm pretty pink and usually the 1st to 3rd lightest foundation color depending on the season.
Give it a try. Go to Sephora and get a free sample. No purchase necessary. Try it out before you buy it so you get your perfect color.
Also only buy from Sephora, cult beauty or the cover fx website. Anywhere else will most likely be fake, dangerous and nothing like the real thing. Its spendy but it lasts and the quality can't be topped.
Ashlee H.
Homestead, FL
I have very yellow undertones and one of my chees has pretty significant pigment issues from scarring. I havent used anything more than a setting powder from this brand but when I was unable to get my usual foundation and Ulta employee suggested I try this. I was not convinced when she swatched it but once we matched my color *perfect match by the way* and i had a little product on my hand i was pretty much sold. I will say that this fluid sits and dries much different on my face than it done on the back of my hand but this can be tweaked until I fiure it all out. this is a buildable foundation that you can add to any of your lotions and potions. I am slightly oily and it makes a mess of me added to moisturizers so just keep that in mind. The formula is much thicker than I imagined and the display sample was EXTREMELY thick so i'm not sure how well this will hold up or if i will even get to use all of the product but I will post a followup. I added a picture of my hand and the transfer i got from touching my face. i don't suggest wearing any white if you've got this on. I also hadn't set the foundation so I'm sure that a contributing factor but some people don't use a setting powder and if you don't this is what to expect. My color is N70 and seems to match perfect its a very rare occasion that I get such a close match considering how yellow i can be during this time of the year when my tan fades.
breianca s.
Marietta, GA
Cover FX is my nite in shining armor! Sleek glass bottle with the perfect blend of coverage and weightlessness. I have eczema and im prone to breakouts and this foundation is perfect for this. If your looking for a heavy mask to cover every imperfection, this isnt the product for you. You can still see really bad breakout and flare ups,BUT it will not irritate your skin further. You can add a few drops to your favorite moisturizer to transform almost anything to match your skin. I use maybe 2-3 for everyday life but 4-5 for an extended night out. Goes on silky smooth, takes a few mimutes to dry/set, and extremely buildable coverage.
Rachel C.
Stunning!! I have used multiple colors and all r so blinding and beautiful as a highlight. These are the most intense and amazing liquid highlighters EVER! All it takes is a tiny amount and I just take my pinkie and blend and the blend beautifully and are like OMG, IN UR FACE GLOWING GODDESS!!
Bri H.
Auburn, CA
While I haven't found this product to work well with my moisturizers it has still been a life saver! I was having issues with the color match of my Estee Lauder Double Wear, so I added a few drops of this in (N20) and it added the perfect amount of yellow to match my self tanned skin tone.
Also, I was recently having issues with the thickness of Mac Pro Longwear foundation, so I added in a couple of these drops and it made the texture so much easier to spread around and blend. Such a cool idea for a product!
Tammy Z.
Erie, PA
I was talked into buying this when I walked into Sephora looking for a medium non matte coverage foundation. I was told to mix a drop with my favorite moisturizer. I’m not one who has a lot of extra time for messing around but I figured I use both moisturizer and foundation daily so to mix and make 1 step-great! Nope-I tryed one drop to my normal amount of moisturizer-not the right mix-tryed many other variations and never got it right so I returned the product. If you can get the mix down-I bet it would be great-just not for me.
Sarah M.
Cheshire, CT
I love these drops for adding more coverage to foundations. I also use them to lighten dark foundations. However the prices so expensive I only get it if I have a really good sale or if I have a sample or if I’m using ulta the points to purchase one.
Sumaya A.
Gulfport, FL
Im an NC 42 and bought these in the shade G60. Idk If I should have bought G70 instead but everytime I try to use these on their own, I get the ugliest patchiest white cast. Shade match put aside, these also start seperating on my face in huge dots if I try to use them on their own. I finally used these in a concoction with a tinted moisturizer too dark for me and it looked good but not amazing. Very chalky and dry feeling... very easy to look cakey in this... highly disappointing. Will not repurchase.
Ashley J.
Decent product and great for experienced make up users. However it did not work for me as a daily use, it was too messy and hard to apply a medium level of coverage. Would be great for stage makeup. It was safe on my very sensitive red skin.
Stacie F.
Holly Lake Ranch, TX
What type of coverage does this provide? I like the idea of just adding to current moisturizer but I want it to look natural , not heavy like most foundations
Vanessa G.
Valley Vlg, CA
Are these worth the money?
martha g.
Dallas, TX
Are this cover fs custom cover drops light coverage or full coverage?
Rosalinda V.
Will it be okay for oily skin? What skin type is best for this?
Miranda D.
Has anyone tried these? I want to purchase, but am skeptical. How do they work? I'm just now catching up with the custom drops bandwagon, please fill me in!!