BY COVER FX

Description:

Create your ideal foundation or tinted moisturizer by mixing these revolutionary drops of pure pigment with your favorite liquid beauty products.

What it Does:

These award winning, revolutionary drops of pure pigment were not designed to be worn alone but instead allow you to transform all of your favorite liquid beauty products into your ideal foundation or tinted moisturizer.  With this breakthrough formula you can customize both your level of coverage and desired finish.  What you choose to mix Custom Cover Drops with will determine your finish.  For a radiant finish, add to products like oils, serums, or creams.  For a matte finish, mix with a mattifying primer or lightweight lotion.  The possibilities are endless!  Then, simply adjust your coverage by the number of drops you add.

Ethyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Bis-Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Mica, Jojoba Esters, Triethylhexanoin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Water (Aqua, Eau), Alcohol, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax, Polyglycerin-3. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

COVER FX CUSTOM COVER DROPS
  • "i like to add this to my bb cream or cc cream to cover more of the redness on my face. i also like to use the colors that are darker then my skin as a subtle contour if i don't feel like doing a full cream and powder contour. its just so easy to add onto your skin!" in 24 reviews
Hailey B.
Lincoln, NE
Review for: N90 (dark to deep skin w/neutral undertones) more...
Product Of The Day 10/10

The Cover FX Custom Coverage Drops are every girls dream! I ran into these amazing babies a few weeks ago at Sephora and was so intrigued by them I had to get a sample. If you’re anything like me and like to change up your coverage of your foundations these coverage drops are god sent.

For many people they have gone their entire makeup life not knowing there are different types of coverage a foundation can give you. I was definitely guilty of that up until I started working for Clinique! The first thing I do when I am helping someone pick out a foundation is ask them what kind of coverage they are looking for and most of the time I get a blank stare where then I ask sheer, moderate or full coverage! Sheer coverage is going to be more of your tinted moisturizers the will give you more of a light glow and subtle color. Moderate coverage is usually the base line foundation, it give you an even completion and covers some imperfections. Full coverage is going to be what I like to call the china doll skin. If you find the right full coverage foundation this will make any skin look airbrushed and smooth.

Over all Sheer, Moderate, and full coverage can be described as simply as the opacity or transparency options on most photo editing applications. Sheet is going to be your low opacity or no opacity means that it is clear and it will not conceal (or hide) a skin blemish. Whereas, your full coverage is going to be your High opacity which means that coverage is strong and will hide any blemish that it covers.

That being said you can see why the Cover FX Custom Coverage Drops can be amazing. Many people might just where one foundation and stick with it every day. Which if that’s you, more power to you. But like I said before I like to change up my coverage from day to day. Reason being some days if I’m just laying around or hanging out with some friends I don’t want to wear a full coverage airbrushed looking foundation. On the other hand if I’m going out, to a wedding, on a date, or anything of the shorts I want to have the most coverage possible.

Until I discovered these babies I usually rotate about 6-8 foundations depending on the season which is not only expensive but time consuming. I mean really how long does it take you to find that exact right match in a foundation only for you to become three shades darker with a tan. So with the Cover FX Custom Coverage Drops that completely takes away the need for multiple foundations. You can buy your favorite sheer foundation and then just simply add the drops to give you the exact coverage you need for that day.

These drops are NOT designed to be warn alone but are more of an additive because they are PURE PIGMENT. The great thing about that is you can add this to just about anything (moisturizer, foundation, oils, and serums). It’s also formulated without parabens and is a certified vegan makeup product which is a huge plus.

You can pick these babies up at just about and high end beauty store they retail for 44$ at both Sephora and Ulta. Be sure you are enrolled in the Sephora Beauty Insider Program and the Ulta Ultimate Rewards Program so that you can rack up the point and get free coupons on things like this! Right now the only deals I’ve seen with this is if you order directly form the Cover FX website, sign up for their rewards program and you receive 15 % off YOUR ENTIRE ORDER!!! I do suggest going and getting a sample before you by it to make sure the color match is right for you!

I have left the links down below. Let me know what you think in to comments and be sure to send me pictures if you do try this product out! Much Love, check back tomorrow for another Product Of the Day!

XOXO Hailey
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
This stuff is absolutely amazing. I went forever without buying it because come on. 42 dollars for drops to change the coverage or make the right color? Why don't I just buy the right colored foundation with coverage that I want? I'm sure many of you have thought that too.
Heres the thing though, no foundation is going to be a perfect match. We have skin colors and then undertones and our faces have different colors throughout, etc. Sometimes like with my undertone its extremely hard to find a foundation with the undertone exactly how I need it so it matches my skin and body. I still have to use a bit of blush and concealer at least to add those other colors and a bit of depth back to my face but it doesn't look so flat like with most foundations.
And then when you do find a good color it's not the perfect foundation formula or coverage. This changes all of that and makes it so easy.
So you pick one of these by your skin color AND correct undertone. Then you add one to three drops depending on the coverage you want to your current foundation and the amount you normally use to a mixing plate or the back of your hand and mix it up with the back of your brush or your fingers. It mixes quickly, easily and evenly.
Then you apply and the difference is huge. There's more depth, more coverage and the color is just beautiful and not completely flat. I love a few different foundations and a few different coverage options depending on the time of year, amount of acne I have, amount of discoloration, where I'm going and what I'm doing. I own a good 5 foundations that are all over 45 dollars a piece minimum. If I had bought this before those I would have just gotten a good medium coverage foundation and used these drops because thats basically what I'm doing now to get the perfect undertone coloring that I can't get any other way. I have a lot of pink and red in my skin. Its natural and not redness that shouldn't be there. That's my undertone. I'm very light as well though and usually foundations with red or a good amount of pink are only made for African American and darker women. They do make pink undertone foundation but its usually barely there or pink and yellow and mostly its just neutral. Its been a battle and unfortunately the lancome custom color made foundation is only available in a few states as its only just been made available in the US and that's 80 dollars minimum so this is a much easier option.
It may take a little work discovering your undertone but just Google how to figure it out and you can know within a minute. Also this stuff lasts forever. I was a bit hesitant to buy because the bottle is small and even worse its not even close to full so it seemed like a rip off. But honestly just like the custom enhancer drops it lasts forever people. 1 to 3 drops is literally nothing compared to the amount and how small the drops are. I've had mine over a year and have barely made a dent. It's definitely worth it and I totally recommend it. My perfect color is P30. I'm pretty pink and usually the 1st to 3rd lightest foundation color depending on the season.
Give it a try. Go to Sephora and get a free sample. No purchase necessary. Try it out before you buy it so you get your perfect color.
Also only buy from Sephora, cult beauty or the cover fx website. Anywhere else will most likely be fake, dangerous and nothing like the real thing. Its spendy but it lasts and the quality can't be topped.
Amberly S.
Review for: G20 (fair to light skin w/golden undertones) more...
I do like these drops. They definitely help with adding coverage to other face products and correcting the tone of other face products. I have found that these drops have changed consistency over time, as they have become slightly thicker.
I also find these drops do add a sort of mattifying effect when added to other products. Not something that is a huge complaint, but I do prefer my skin to have more of a glowy finish.
Still a great product overall. Not sure I would repurchase only because there are quite a few similar products on the market now at a lower price point. I would like to try them and see if they compare to these.
Rachel C.
Tupelo
Review for: N50 (medium to tan skin w/neutral undertones), P40 (medium skin w/pink undertones), N40 (medium skin w/neutral undertones) more...
These drops are amazing! A LITTLE bit goes a loooong way, too! I have combination, dark complected skin and the transparency makes this product so versatile. I think the price point is right where it should be and I would absolutely recommend these to anyone to try. The drops change up your make up because who wants to wear the same exact make up to work, dinner, drinks, AND the pool? With this product you can enhance your day-to-day look and that in itself is worth buying!
Rebecca R.
Fontana, CA
Review for: G50 (medium to tan skin w/golden undertones) more...
I’m someone who loves full coverage when it comes to my foundation so when I purchased these and the Sephora page said only use 3 drops for full coverage and 4 for extra coverage I was skeptical and used maybe about 6 drops. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised at how much coverage I had but was mad at myself because I of course over did it. I love these drops and for $44 I think that is an amazing price especially since you don’t need much when you do your makeup.
Glamour B.
Review for: N30 (light to medium light skin w/neutral undertones) more...
This product is a full coverage foundation but yet it still looks skin like. It is a unique product in the sense that you can mix it with oils and moisturizers to get your desired finish. That is usually how I like to use it because using it straight up is sometimes a little bit to much coverage for everyday. Therefore, I only use it for more glam makeup days. Would most likely repurchase again!
Sunniya M.
Denver
Review for: G50 (medium to tan skin w/golden undertones) more...
I love this product! It is the best way for me to utilize foundations I purchased in the wrong shade/ and my Korean BB creams which as you know, are very limited in colors. I wear a G50 but honestly would perfer to wear this in a G40+ (thats my true perfect match) But it seems like they don't make the + colors in the Drops. G50 blends fine and is the prefect balance of golden and warm tones. For refernce I wear Bobbi Brown 4.0 in the stick foundation ( I can also wear 4.2 a new shade in their stick) , Shade W4 or W5 in L'Oreal True Match foundation- although I like to mix a drop of 4.5 to warm it up. and NC41 in Mac Studio Fix powder foundation.
Hope this helps if your thinking about purchasing it! It goes a long way and I belive although its expensive its worth it  and photographs beautifully.
Michelle T.
Chandler, AZ
Review for: G40 (medium skin w/golden undertones) more...
I wanted to love this foundation because the color is just right for my skin tone. But there are just too many cons with this foundation. First, it's very pigmented on its own so they only give you a tiny amount of product. Second, the packaging is awful. This gets foundation all over the sides and it's too thick for the dropper. I'd much rather they had a squeeze tube instead. Third, this foundation sits horribly on my skin. No matter what product I mix this with or even just using it alone, it looks horrible. It breaks up on my skin, it applies patchy, and it doesn't set on the skin. No matter how much I buff it in, it doesn't melt in with my skin and it just sits on top. I wish this worked on my skin because it's such an innovative product.
Haley S.
Review for: N10 (porcelain to light skin w/neutral undertones), N20 (fair to light skin w/neutral undertones) more...
These custom drops are worth the buy. I know I’ve only ever gotten samples, but when I used this for a party I had to go to. It saved me from literally looking like a sleep deprived teen! It has some good coverage and it doesn’t feel like the products on my face! Wish I got the full size product😕. They literally never have light shades. I wanted G20, N25
breianca s.
Marietta, GA
Cover FX is my nite in shining armor! Sleek glass bottle with the perfect blend of coverage and weightlessness. I have eczema and im prone to breakouts and this foundation is perfect for this. If your looking for a heavy mask to cover every imperfection, this isnt the product for you. You can still see really bad breakout and flare ups,BUT it will not irritate your skin further. You can add a few drops to your favorite moisturizer to transform almost anything to match your skin. I use maybe 2-3 for everyday life but 4-5 for an extended night out. Goes on silky smooth, takes a few mimutes to dry/set, and extremely buildable coverage.
Stacie F.
Holly Lake Ranch, TX
What type of coverage does this provide? I like the idea of just adding to current moisturizer but I want it to look natural , not heavy like most foundations
Vanessa G.
Valley Vlg, CA
Are these worth the money?
martha g.
Dallas, TX
Are this cover fs custom cover drops light coverage or full coverage?
Rosalinda V.
Will it be okay for oily skin? What skin type is best for this?
Miranda D.
Has anyone tried these? I want to purchase, but am skeptical. How do they work? I'm just now catching up with the custom drops bandwagon, please fill me in!!