BY COVER FX

A revolutionary drop formula of concentrated pigments that allows you to weightlessly transform products in your beauty regimen into your ideal coverage. This innovative formula contains Flash Fusion Technology, so as soon as you drop in and mix with your favorite product, nothing but pure pigment is left behind allowing you to customize your ideal level of coverage. Blend them with anything liquid to create your desired coverage, including moisturizers, serums, oils, primers, foundations, and tinted moisturizers that are water, oil, or silicone-based. Simply adjust your coverage by the number of drops you add. The pigments are coated with lecithin, which is biochemically similar to the skin, to ensure seamless blending, precise control, and the smoothest application. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates Custom Cover Drops are NOT designed to be used alone. Failure to shake well before adding drops to your favorite product will distort the coverage and result in less than desirable results. Control your level of coverage by adjusting how many drops you use: one drop for sheer coverage, two drops for medium coverage, three drops for full coverage, and four drops for total coverage.

• Has anyone tried these? I want to purchase, but am skeptical. How...4 Answers
  • What is the best base to mix these with? a primer... Be the first to answer!
  • Can I mix this just with my moisturizer? Is anyone tried this ple...1 Answers
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is absolutely amazing. I went forever without buying it because come on. 42 dollars for drops to change the coverage or make the right color? Why don't I just buy the right colored foundation with coverage that I want? I'm sure many of you have thought that too.
Heres the thing though, no foundation is going to be a perfect match. We have skin colors and then undertones and our faces have different colors throughout, etc. Sometimes like with my undertone its extremely hard to find a foundation with the undertone exactly how I need it so it matches my skin and body. I still have to use a bit of blush and concealer at least to add those other colors and a bit of depth back to my face but it doesn't look so flat like with most foundations.
And then when you do find a good color it's not the perfect foundation formula or coverage. This changes all of that and makes it so easy.
So you pick one of these by your skin color AND correct undertone. Then you add one to three drops depending on the coverage you want to your current foundation and the amount you normally use to a mixing plate or the back of your hand and mix it up with the back of your brush or your fingers. It mixes quickly, easily and evenly.
Then you apply and the difference is huge. There's more depth, more coverage and the color is just beautiful and not completely flat. I love a few different foundations and a few different coverage options depending on the time of year, amount of acne I have, amount of discoloration, where I'm going and what I'm doing. I own a good 5 foundations that are all over 45 dollars a piece minimum. If I had bought this before those I would have just gotten a good medium coverage foundation and used these drops because thats basically what I'm doing now to get the perfect undertone coloring that I can't get any other way. I have a lot of pink and red in my skin. Its natural and not redness that shouldn't be there. That's my undertone. I'm very light as well though and usually foundations with red or a good amount of pink are only made for African American and darker women. They do make pink undertone foundation but its usually barely there or pink and yellow and mostly its just neutral. Its been a battle and unfortunately the lancome custom color made foundation is only available in a few states as its only just been made available in the US and that's 80 dollars minimum so this is a much easier option.
It may take a little work discovering your undertone but just Google how to figure it out and you can know within a minute. Also this stuff lasts forever. I was a bit hesitant to buy because the bottle is small and even worse its not even close to full so it seemed like a rip off. But honestly just like the custom enhancer drops it lasts forever people. 1 to 3 drops is literally nothing compared to the amount and how small the drops are. I've had mine over a year and have barely made a dent. It's definitely worth it and I totally recommend it. My perfect color is P30. I'm pretty pink and usually the 1st to 3rd lightest foundation color depending on the season.
Give it a try. Go to Sephora and get a free sample. No purchase necessary. Try it out before you buy it so you get your perfect color.
Also only buy from Sephora, cult beauty or the cover fx website. Anywhere else will most likely be fake, dangerous and nothing like the real thing. Its spendy but it lasts and the quality can't be topped.
Ashlee H.
Homestead, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have very yellow undertones and one of my chees has pretty significant pigment issues from scarring. I havent used anything more than a setting powder from this brand but when I was unable to get my usual foundation and Ulta employee suggested I try this. I was not convinced when she swatched it but once we matched my color *perfect match by the way* and i had a little product on my hand i was pretty much sold. I will say that this fluid sits and dries much different on my face than it done on the back of my hand but this can be tweaked until I fiure it all out. this is a buildable foundation that you can add to any of your lotions and potions. I am slightly oily and it makes a mess of me added to moisturizers so just keep that in mind. The formula is much thicker than I imagined and the display sample was EXTREMELY thick so i'm not sure how well this will hold up or if i will even get to use all of the product but I will post a followup. I added a picture of my hand and the transfer i got from touching my face. i don't suggest wearing any white if you've got this on. I also hadn't set the foundation so I'm sure that a contributing factor but some people don't use a setting powder and if you don't this is what to expect. My color is N70 and seems to match perfect its a very rare occasion that I get such a close match considering how yellow i can be during this time of the year when my tan fades.
breianca s.
Marietta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Cover FX is my nite in shining armor! Sleek glass bottle with the perfect blend of coverage and weightlessness. I have eczema and im prone to breakouts and this foundation is perfect for this. If your looking for a heavy mask to cover every imperfection, this isnt the product for you. You can still see really bad breakout and flare ups,BUT it will not irritate your skin further. You can add a few drops to your favorite moisturizer to transform almost anything to match your skin. I use maybe 2-3 for everyday life but 4-5 for an extended night out. Goes on silky smooth, takes a few mimutes to dry/set, and extremely buildable coverage.
Bri H.
Auburn, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
While I haven't found this product to work well with my moisturizers it has still been a life saver! I was having issues with the color match of my Estee Lauder Double Wear, so I added a few drops of this in (N20) and it added the perfect amount of yellow to match my self tanned skin tone.
Also, I was recently having issues with the thickness of Mac Pro Longwear foundation, so I added in a couple of these drops and it made the texture so much easier to spread around and blend. Such a cool idea for a product!
Tammy Z.
Erie, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was talked into buying this when I walked into Sephora looking for a medium non matte coverage foundation. I was told to mix a drop with my favorite moisturizer. I’m not one who has a lot of extra time for messing around but I figured I use both moisturizer and foundation daily so to mix and make 1 step-great! Nope-I tryed one drop to my normal amount of moisturizer-not the right mix-tryed many other variations and never got it right so I returned the product. If you can get the mix down-I bet it would be great-just not for me.
Sumaya A.
Gulfport, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Im an NC 42 and bought these in the shade G60. Idk If I should have bought G70 instead but everytime I try to use these on their own, I get the ugliest patchiest white cast. Shade match put aside, these also start seperating on my face in huge dots if I try to use them on their own. I finally used these in a concoction with a tinted moisturizer too dark for me and it looked good but not amazing. Very chalky and dry feeling... very easy to look cakey in this... highly disappointing. Will not repurchase.
Ashley J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Decent product and great for experienced make up users. However it did not work for me as a daily use, it was too messy and hard to apply a medium level of coverage. Would be great for stage makeup. It was safe on my very sensitive red skin.
Amanda J.
Clearwater, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Gave great coverage without feeling like anything on my skin. I felt like I had a bit of trouble getting shade matched though. I’m very fair with neutral undertones and their neutral was too pink for me. Loved the way it felt though!
Nichole B.
Halifax, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love these drops you can use them alone because they're so nice and light and almost makes you look like you have that no make up look but I also have purchased this in a lighter than my skin tone Color as well as a slightly darker than my skin tone color for those foundation just don't quite right you can adjust them easily by adding a drop or two and making the foundation match your skin tone perfectly
Courtney G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Cover FX has these custom drops that you can do anything with! They can be your actual foundation, you can mix it in with moisturizer for your own custom tinted moisturizer, mix it in to your already (Too light or too dark) foundation. They even have other drops that help with calming, radiance, anti aging, mattifying, spf. The best part is that they’re free of fragrance, mineral oil, talc, gluten, and parabens. Also vegan! So it really just is the better option for you.
Stacie F.
Holly Lake Ranch, TX
What type of coverage does this provide? I like the idea of just adding to current moisturizer but I want it to look natural , not heavy like most foundations
Vanessa G.
Valley Vlg, CA
Are these worth the money?
Rosalinda V.
Will it be okay for oily skin? What skin type is best for this?
martha g.
Dallas, TX
Are this cover fs custom cover drops light coverage or full coverage?
Miranda D.
Has anyone tried these? I want to purchase, but am skeptical. How do they work? I'm just now catching up with the custom drops bandwagon, please fill me in!!