BY COVER FX #8 in Face Primer

Description:

A lightweight, soft focus primer that blurs the appearance of pores, fine lines, and other imperfections for ultra-smooth airbrushed skin.

What it does:

Blur, smooth and diffuse. This silky smooth primer instantly minimizes the look of pores, fine lines, and unwanted texture for a flawlessly smooth complexion. Use under makeup to create a smooth canvas for a seamless foundation application, over makeup as an instant retouching balm, or wear alone for a soft focus airbrushed effectThis clinically tested and vegan product does not contain the Inflammatory Five: gluten, mineral oil, fragrance, parabens or talc.

Skin Types:

All Skin Types

Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Caprylyl Methicone, Silica, Isoamyl Laurate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Stoechas Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

• Which do you prefer? Dr. Brandt primer or Coverfx primer?...7 Answers
  • COVER FX BLURRING PRIMER is this good for dry skin?4 Answers
  • what’s your current makeup obsession? mine is the cover f...3 Answers
Buy on ULTA
Crowned G.
So I received this in my May Boxycharm makeup subscription box and I actually really like it. The price tag though 👀, that's not what I like. Cover FX gives you 1oz for $38. If your okay with spending that much, I think you will really like it. It's a Sillicone based primer with Dimethicone being the first ingredient and according to the Sephora website, it is free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. It's also a vegan, clinically tested and free of fragrance gluten, mineral oil, and talc primer. So the promises it claims to do is blurring the appearance of pores and fine lines as a lightweight, soft focus primer. I don't have large pores or fine lines but it did feel very silky and light in application with my hands. Overall, it's a great primer and I recommend it, 5/5 🌟.
Kierstin D.
Eugene, OR
This is my absolute favorite primer! I used to be a religious MAC or Smashbox primer fanatic, but this is seriously a game changer if you have oily or combination skin. It helps really matte the face and I love the thick almost fine grained texture of it! It really creates a nice layer for my foundation to cling to and keeps my makeup in place all day! The consistency of the primer is also perfect to help fill in those large pores (it’s a struggle 🤦🏻‍♀️). Ever since I received this in a boxycharm subscription a few months ago, I’ve been disappointed by everything else I’ve tried. If you have oily or combination skin I definitely recommend you give this product a try!
Katrina H.
I received this product in my monthly Boxycharm subscription. I liked this primer quite a bit compared to most other blurring primers. The first time I applied it, it went on great without a hitch. I apply it to the areas of my face where I have larger pores such as my T-zone and my cheeks. The second time I used it, I did have some pilling occurring, which I had heard beauty guru Tati say this primer did. I think the pilling had to do with possibly the moisturizer I had underneath so I am not going to hold it against the product too much, it's just something to possibly be aware of. My only other major complaint is the packaging. I do not really like a squeeze tube for this product as it is fairly thick, and I'm afraid I will not be able to get all the product out of the tube once it gets towards the end. Overall though, great primer!
Bryanna F.
Vero beach
I received this primer with my May boxy charm and to be honest, I didn’t expect much. I got the setting spray a while ago and wasn’t impressed.

It says it’s mattifying and having oily/combination skin that peaked my interest. Initially I found that when I go to put some in my hand, it comes out a very little at a time. And if you apply too much pressure it squirts out too much. While tedious, it had little effect on my overall review.

The primer itself was amazing. It did exactly what it said it would - it blurred. I’ve tried other primers that had the same purpose and they blurred my pores a bit and then by the end of the day they had all come back.

I’ve been using this for a week and by the end of the day my face still looks just as flawless and pore-free as when I put my foundation on. I was incredibly pleased with how this primer worked! I definitely recommend this!

10/10
Jesa L.
Oklahoma City
I've never used primer doing my own make up. MUAs have used it on my face when they did my make up, but I didnt really notice a difference. Probably bc when I was younger, I had good skin and no need for blurring effects or cover up make up. I received this cover fx primer in a boxycharm subscription box and I really loved using it. I loved how it made my skin feel satiny smooth. It has a color to it, but it didnt really change the color of my skin. It did actually blur my pores and some light lines, and blurred some big scars i have on my face from a car wreck. My make up looked so good. I think I'll be using this primer from now on for special events or public appearances.
Chanon C.
White Lake, MI
** I received this item in my May 2018 Boycharm subscription box **

I did not think that I would like this primer, but it really ended up surprising me. The feel of this product is really addicting, and the tinted aspect in it really does blur the appearance of pores and fine lines. It's extremely light weight and blends right into my skin. It's silky, it doesn't really have a smell to it, and I found myself finishing my look without even bothering to put a foundation on top of it.

The negative of this product is that 1oz cost $38. For a good product, I'd be willing to spend that money, but I'm happy I got it for a lower cost inside my box.

Overall this is a great primer and I would recommend it. 🌟

Daniela G.
Jersey City
For years I've struggled to find the perfect primer that worked on my skin (super oily, dry patches, large pores). Though I took many suggestions from my favorite YouTubers none of them lived up to the expectation – that is until I found this primer. I received the CoverFX blurring primer in my Boxy charm a couple months ago. It not only makes my pored disappear within application, it also leaves a smooth base before I apply my make. I don't know if this primer alone keeps my oil at bay or if it's a combo with my Supergoop sunscreen. The reason why I gave this product four stars instead of five is because it's pretty pricey. Since I wear makeup on a daily basis I can go through tubes of this bad boy in a breeze.
Chelsie L.
I really like this primer. It looks like it’s tinted when you squeeze it out, but after applying to the skin, it really seems like it goes on tintless. It absolutely blurs like it says it does, immediately after applying to the skin you can tell that it’s blurring. It’s pretty thick & I wanna say that a little goes a long way, but I never feel like I’ve put on enough. I normally just cover my t-zone & my cheeks around my nose & my chin. You can definitely tell a difference in using this primer & not using primer. It blurs out the little fine lines in my forehead & my pores look almost nonexistent. This is a really nice product, though for some reason I get the feeling that it’s a little drying. My skin doesn’t feel as moisturized after applying.
VERONICA M.
san jose, CA
I love anything from cover FX, I have never had a problem with any of their products I have tried some of their primary I’ve never tried this one this is the blurring Primer, I really love it it does do exactly what it says, I can literally just put this song before I go out with no make up on and it looks gorgeous I love the feel of it it’s not sticky it’s not tacky it’s not greasy highly recommend it
Kellie S.
Brandon, SD
I received this primer in my boxycharm. It has a silicone feel to it and is tinted, but easily blends into skin.
I used my normal foundation on top, and noticed after it dried down I was getting forehead creasing. I do have some fine lines on my forehead (early 30s), but this was making me look much older. The primer was bunching my foundation around my fine lines. With the wipe of a finger over the area that was sliding around, it put the products back in place a bit. I also feel like this may have caused a few small pimples on my face. Overall it isn’t terrible, but I love the Hello Fab coconut moisturizer/primer in one. That one doesn’t give me the creasing, and saves a step. I will keep trying this out since I have it, but would likely just spend the money on Hello Fab again instead of purchasing this blurring primer once it runs out.COVER FX BLURRING PRIMERFIRST AID BEAUTY Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer
Cheree R.
Tekamah
Which do you prefer? Dr. Brandt primer or Coverfx primer? COVER FX BLURRING PRIMERDr. Brandt® Pores No More® Luminizer Primer
Ella K.
Is it worth the price?
Mai Lee H.
Is this good for oily skin and actually work for pores?
Ashley S.
Clinton , NC
How is this with dry/combo skin?
Analee E.
Roma, TX
COVER FX BLURRING PRIMER is this good for dry skin?