BY COUNTRY LIFE #10 in Beauty Supplements

Try Country Life® Maxi-Hair Maximized dietary supplement. This product has been coveted by loyal consumers for more than 20 years, and one of Country Life’s best-sellers. This supplement complex with focus on B-vitamins, biotin and MSM brings new meaning to beauty from the inside-out. Also available with higher biotin potency in MAXI-HAIR Plus. Available at your local vitamin & supplement store that carries natural dietary supplements. see more...

Country Life® Maxi-Hair
  • "My hair and nails may have grown a little bit more than usual, but I can only tell this because I started taking this shortly after I colored my hair, and it seemed like my roots started showing a little earlier than usual." in 6 reviews
  • "The large pills are hard to swallow especially when you need to take two at a time, but I am on my second bottle and my hair feels thicker and seems to be growing faster than before. " in 5 reviews
Emma P.
Review for: Country Life Maxi-Hair, Tablets, 60 ea more...
I went with the smaller bottle just to try it out and I will be purchasing the 90 count bottle next time. I've always has fine/thin hair that took forever to grow but this supplement saved me
Tiffany H.
Kittanning, PA
Anyone who knows me knows that I change my hair a lot. Usually, that change involves changing the color. So sometimes my hair needs a little TLC. While special shampoos can help, I have found it best to try to improve my hair from the inside out. That usually means eating a healthy diet and drinking lots of water. But now, there is something else that can help: Country Life Maxi Hair .

These dietary supplements can help improve the overall health of your hair, skin, and nails. Two tablets are taken each day. I tend to take mine in the morning, first thing, with a large glass of water. Like any supplements, the pills are pretty big, and not exactly pleasant tasting, but with a good drink of water, I never have any trouble. At a cost of about $17.99 a bottle, the cost is comparable to other supplements, and these can be found in most stores that carry vitamins and supplements.

Over the course of the few weeks I have been taking the supplements, I have noticed a few things. My hair tends to grow fast, so I have not seen a significant increase in the rate of hair growth. However, my hair does seem stronger, and more of my natural curl is apparent. Also, I have a tendency to lose a lot of hair with each washing/combing, and I have noticed a reduction in the amount of hair lost since starting the supplement. But by far, the greatest change has been in my fingernails. They are growing so much faster now, and are stronger. They split and break significantly less that they did before I started the supplements.

The only negative side effect I have seen is that the color of my urine changed to a bright fluorescent yellow. I know that it sounds a bit odd, and kind of gross, but it could be alarming to someone not prepared for it, so I thought I would mention it. Increasing my water intake helped reduce this. Other than that, I have only seen positive results from this supplement.
Amy K.
Valley Glen, CA
I was extremely excited to try these when I received them in my VoxBox. The first thing I did was look at the ingredients. The top 3 are vitamins A, C, and E--3 of the best anti-agers out there. Normally, these are the ingredients that you look for in your creams, but it always helps to have them in your food, too! After taking these for a month, my skin is clearer than it's been in years. I haven't noticed much of a difference in my hair (which is down my back, so it would be difficult for me to notice any difference in whatever new hair has popped up on my head. My guess is it will take awhile for me to notice the benefits up top). My nails have been growing nicely, but, admittedly, I've never had a problem with my nails. My skin clearing up and being wonderfully soft and supple is what makes this an A product for me.

As a note regarding the electric lemon pee, if you've ever taken vitamins regularly, you should be used to this. I really like to use this as a gauge as to whether I've been getting enough vitamins. If my pee is yellow, I know I've been eating a diverse enough selection of fruits and greens. If it's not, then I need a little more salad in my life. While it does seem like you're peeing the benefits down the drain, you're still retaining at least 100% of your daily intake, so you know that you're getting enough of what your body needs.
Ciara M.
Dallas, TX
FIrst of all I am a supplement junkie, I have been taking Biotin for over a year and had been on the look out for a more well rounded supplement to phase in, and I was actually at Sprouts the night before about to buy it but decided to wait till i finished my biotin out, then came in my Influenster box! I was so excited I just pushed the biotin aside and jumped in using it. I think it is a great product and reading the ingiediantes it is chalked full of great stuff! I also buy a lot of Country Life supplements already so I am a avid user of their other supplements. I did notice a bit of difference but I recently started losing my hair earlier this year because of my Thyroid. So I felt this would be really helpful in helping it grow back thicker and stronger with my thyroid medication. but i sadly did not see much result but it is most likely due to my thyroid medication and finding a good hormone balance again. When all it is balanced back I am sure I will see more of a difference just based on what is inside!
Marie-Terese C.
I am not really one to take vitamins for hair, skin, and nails, because I don't have a problem with my hair, skin or nails. I was glad that I got these to try. I did not see any significant extra growth with my hair or nails, or anything worth talking about concerning my skin, but I will say that these supplements boost my energy. For that reason alone I love them and will continue using them. When I go to work out, I can go and go and go. I don't get tired!

The tablets are large as with most supplements, but you can crush them up and add them to your food.

The biotin in there is more than 600% of what you need for the day, so BE SURE TO DRINK your recommended daily amounts of water, which is 6-8 glasses. If not, you will experience some bad breaking out of the skin, especially on the face! Who wants that?!

Also, you should know that your urine will be a bright yellow, like Joy dish washing liquid, so don't be alarmed if you see that. That's just the body getting rid of what it didn't use.
Carolanne S.
St Petersburg, FL
I love these hair, skin and nails products. They work wonderfully. They leave your hair, skin, and nails glowing. There perfect for everyday use. I like to take these at least once a day. Overall I am satisfied with the product.
Lauren B.
Radstock, NC
Firstly, yeah, the pills are large. They've got loads of good stuff in them. I'm fine with that but I do acknowledge some may have trouble getting them down. I don't feel like one month is even enough to notice too much with these. I know they're great because of what is in them and they are vegan. However, I haven't noticed a difference in my skin or hair, though it is difficult to decide if the lack of improvement in my skin is because I have been travelling. I have, however, noticed my arm hair grows quite rapidly. That's not so great, but hopefully it means the hair on my head is growing too! My nails are stronger, however this could also be due to the fact that summer is over and I am not in or around water as before. Overall, difficult to notice what exactly the benefits have been thus far
Jenna S.
Danbury, NC
I have been using this for almost a month now. My nails have stopped peeling and seem to be growing much stronger and quicker than before. I have acne prone skin, and haven't noticed any difference in my skin. My hair is always kept super short, so growth rate is easily noted, since I cut it regular. My hair has started growing faster and seems to be fuller lately. It also feels different, not in a bad way, but in a way I find hard to explain. I have to say this product has been great! I think my only complaint would be the size and taste of the vitamins. They have a strong taste/smell. I have also had a couple get stuck on the way down. If you can get past this, they are great!
Miranda V.
Review for: Country Life Maxi-Hair, Tablets, 60 ea, Country Life Maxi-Hair, Tablets, 90 ea more...
This is my favorite beauty supplement! It really makes my thin hair grow thick and beautiful, and I can really tell my nails are a lot stronger too! It’s really cheap and you get a lot! Highly recommend!
Olga K.
Rome, NY
Ok I have the worst hair. It's very thin, dry and it falls out like crazy. Plus my scalp is super sensitive.
So I decided to try Maxi-Hair and I took it as recommended for the whole month or a little more. And I can definitely see the difference. My hair is stronger and doesn't look like a bunch of straw any longer.
The only problem is that around the same time I started to use other ways for my hair care such as masks and massage with beauty oils. So I cannot contribute the results solely to Maxi-Hair but I'm sure it helped!
Michelle S.
Rio Rico, AZ
Does it really work?
Camrah P.
Are these water soluble ?
alisha l.
Will it thick in my hair?
Maura G.
Tampa, FL
I don't take pills a lot but I've looking for something that's going to be effective. Is this product worth it?
Jeronica C.