BY SHEDD'S SPREAD COUNTRY CROCK #13 in Butter

• Containing 60 percent less fat and calories than butter, Country Crock Light Spread adds country fresh taste to family recipes and is made with real, simple ingredients including delicious oils, purified water and a pinch of salt.
  • It delivers real taste from real ingredients – a new simpler recipe made with no artificial preservatives or flavors, and contains 0g trans fat per serving, no cholesterol and no partially hydrogenated vegetable oils.
  • This creamy butter-alternative spread offers purity and quality you can feel good about sharing with your family. For health-conscious households, Country Crock is the go-to ingredient in the kitchen whether topping corn on the cob, sautéing vegetables, spreading on toast, or baking chewy cookies.

• Does Country Crock Light give your baking an artificial taste? Does...1 Answers
  • I want to buy this but am afraid that the taste will be lacking. An...1 Answers
Patti A.
Patti A.
Advance, Nc
I received a free coupon from influenster in exchange for a review. I was going to buy the country crock until I read the ingredients. I don't use any oil in my cooking or diet. I eat a whole foods plant based diet and this wouldn't fall into that category. I gave the coupon to a friend and she said she and her family liked it. She said they used country crock for years and liked the light as much as the original. She said she baked with it and it worked as well as butter and didn't change the consistency of the baking. So, I gave it three stars because I would eat it, but my friend liked it.
Christine M.
Christine M.
Valley Stream, NY
I was happy with this product for two reasons. First, I had never tried country crock before and I found it to be smooth and delicious. I love how easy it was to spread on simple things like a bisquit, but also how easy that texture made it for baking. I also would never had guessed it was "light" as usually those foods have some kind of after taste and this didn't. I would suggest giving it a try and seeing for yourself how you might add it to your usual grocery list.
Alyx D.
Alyx D.
Tinley Park, IL
Foodie Expert
I was able to test this complements of Influenster in my Tasty VoxBox. I really liked that this spread was much lighter and healthier than butter. Straight from the fridge, it's very soft. It has less flavor than butter and less of a salty taste. I prefer this as it doesn't overwhelm whatever I'm eating. It's fine for baking and frying. I was against margarine before but I'm really liking the alternative thanks to Influenster.
Krista W.
Krista W.
Charlotte, NC
I received a coupon to try this product at no charge, so I figured why not. I used country crock growing up, but became a butter convert a few years ago. There has definitely been a change in the product I remember.

It's smooth, creamy, and tastes like butter. It melts nicely, and I was able to use in recipes eye bio problems. I would use again, though I don't think I'll replace butter with it completely.
Rebecca L.
Rebecca L.
Prairieville, LA
I received Country Crock free from Influenster to try out and review. We have used Country Crock for years and I am as happy with it today as ever. The new formula is creamier and very tasty. We prefer the light butter, as it has the same taste as the original. We made the mistake a while back of buying a different brand, but ran out that same day and bought Country Crock. Nothing else can compare.
Mandy M.
Mandy M.
Jacksonville, FL
I like this spread for toast, but not for other things such as grilled cheese sandwich's. For some reason, the taste comes out more when I'm using it on grilled cheese sandwich's and I"m not too fond of the different taste that it has from the original spread that Country Crock does. But when I do toast, or bisquits, or dinner rolls, I don't mind it as much.
Mary F.
Mary F.
Saint Louis, MO
Tastes just like the real thing, but with fewer calories! I use it primarily for toast and grilled sandwiches - perfect softness to use without tearing the bread (even from the fridge!). Spreads smoothly, tastes great, perfect for cooking and baking. Great way to cut a few calories!
Lori B.
Lori B.
Phoenix, AZ
Foodie Expert
Just got this in a custom Vox Box. Really enjoyed the cookie recipe. Had a lot of fun w/ it. Sometimes we forget how much fun cooking can be. Has a great buttery taste. I love the light version. Did receive this free from Influenster to try out. But, really like it!
Selene H.
Selene H.
Arlington, TX
Foodie Expert
So creamy! I love it on buttered bread, veggies, baking, just about anything! It has a rich buttery flavor and melts smooth. I purchased at Walmart and they had several different flavors. I highly recommend this to butter lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!
Caroline H.
Caroline H.
Katy, TX
I only ever buy this brand! It's very good & low priced compared to other brands. Tastes good. Good value & id recommend it. Also is great for baking & making sauces. And the plus is that it is 60% less fat than butter
Sarah C.
Sarah C.
Painted Post, NY
Foodie Expert
Does Country Crock Light give your baking an artificial taste? Does it leave an aftertaste?
KELLY L.
KELLY L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Foodie Expert
I want to buy this but am afraid that the taste will be lacking. Anyone try this? If so, what do you think about the taste compared to the original?