BY COTZ

The Healthier Sunscreen™ Pediatrician Recommended. SPF 40 Broad Spectrum UVA-UVB. Gentle Mineral Complex™. #1 Rated UV Protection*. Will Not Irritate or Sting. Helps Prevent Heat Build Up in Skin Which Can Damage the Dermis. 100% Free of Chemical Sunscreens & Fragrances. A Non-greasy, Children s Sunscreen Formula. Easy to Apply. Water Resistant Children tend to have thinner skin than adults. CoTZ PEDIATRIC with Gentle Mineral Complex is Pediatrician Recommmended to p. see more...

Jen U.
Jen U.
This is a tinted mineral-based sunscreen which is being sold as a gentle and free of preservatives, oils, and chemical sunscreens. Deceptive labeling of sunscreens is an age-old phenomenon so is this one true to its label? In a nutshell, this is a fairly good sunscreen. A big problem with many sunscreens is the deceptive SPF rating. The SPF, or sun protection factor, is a measure of how well the sun protects against sunburn. Sunburn is largely caused by ultraviolet type B (UVB) rays. There are UVA, UVB, and UVC type rays which are defined by how long the wavelengths are. Type A and Type B are the ones we worry about the most for sun protection. UVB makes you burn but UVA causes more of the aging effects. SPF ratings are more about protection from UVB rays and provide little information about UVA protection. A very good sunscreen contains ingredients that protect against UVA damage; zinc oxide, avobenzone (parasol), ecamsule, and/or titanium dioxide (but titanium dioxide does not protect against all UVA rays). Of these active ingredients, avobenzone and ecamsule are chemical sunscreens and titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are mineral based. The mineral-based sunscreens are considered less likely to cause reactions and problems for people. The COTZ sunscreen only contains zinc oxide (3.8%) and titanium dioxide (8%). The titanium dioxide concentration is fine (look for a minimum of at least 5%) but I wish this had a higher concentration of zinc oxide, the more complete block. The combination of the two ingredients should make this a pretty good broad spectrum sunscreen but a higher zinc oxide would have raised this to 5 stars. For example, I've been using Obagi's NuDerm for a couple of years and that has 9% zinc oxide, a much better percentage.

Additionally, this does have a fairly short ingredient list and doesn't contain any unnecessary ingredients (no fragrance- yeah!). I have very very fair skin and I found this tint was a bit too much for me. If you buy ivory or porcelein foundations, pass on this one because of the tint. I tested this on my husband who has darker skin, and the tint was not a problem at all. This went on very smoothly and easily and left my skin with a gently matte finish. The matte finish was ideal, it left my skin almost dewy but did not make my T zone feel oily nor my skin dry. Cotz uses micronized zinc oxide and titanium dioxide in their products. Although the jury is still out about micronized (nanoparticle) zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, I thought I would mention it for those people for whom this is a concern.
Beth Ann B.
Beth Ann B.
Greenville , WV
Orange looking on my light-medium skin tone... not a fan. I received it in a beauty subscription box but I won't be looking to repurchase this. It left a somewhat silky feel on the skin however, so that's one positive about it.
Strella J.
Strella J.
Seattle, WA
NH lbs joy you uh uobvuylvouhv u out our uobvutovugvuyovjg,club out ugly out u lb guys 6th 6th 8th grade lug yup 6th yet uh uh u to 6th outcry cut to put out 6th 6th it cut out 68yv6tcutoc86tc68t ugh 68yv6tcutoc86tc68t 6t
Robyn F.
Robyn F.
This is a nice sunscreen that I received in one of my beauty boxes. I have never tried it before and I think its pretty nice. It doesn't sting my son's eyes and protects him from the sun.
Joelle C.
Joelle C.
utica, ny
this is the only sunscreen i can use on my daughter, all others make her break out in a terrible rash. cotz is also what i use on my face and have been for a few years!
Jackie A.
Jackie A.
Bear Creek, NC
During the summer time I enjoy going out and having a good time with the beautiful weather. I always use this product because it is so useful and necessary. Love!
Anjola O.
Anjola O.
Brooklyn, NY
I like it is really helpful in bright sun or when u going to the beach it is kinda price but a little bit affordible
Catherine L.
Catherine L.
Bronx, NY
Received this product in a subscription box, I really like it and will buy it once the one I have finishes.
Molly G.
Molly G.
Erie , PA
Love using this on my son! Don't feel bad about the ingredients and it works very well. Highly recommend!
Barbara Z.
Barbara Z.
Fort Washington, PA
Amazing works great and does not clog pores great for teens it is a must buy.. You can get it at target