Coty Airspun Loose Face PowderInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY COTY #5 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Look and feel your best with the Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder. It features particles that are twirled and swirled until they reach a cloud-like softness. This translucent loose face powder can be used to hide tiny lines, wrinkles, and blemishes to give a flawless finish. It is designed with tints that are spread throughout, which are made to lay flat and evenly on the skin. It can be used as a foundation or to set your makeup in place as a finishing agent. This Coty Airspun loose face powder is also dermatologically tested and long-lasting. It comes in a beautifully decorated container that can be easily stored in a vanity drawer or placed in a purse to take with you while on-the-go.

• How is this powder with fall out? Does it have good stay ...4 Answers
  • Is this stuff worth it?? I was thinking about replacing m...8 Answers
  • Has anyone tried Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder, does it ...6 Answers
Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder
  • "This is my go to powder coming from a person who's never used a setting powder in her life.It's very smooth on you're face and a little goes along way." in 5 reviews
Shelby P.
Dryden, MI
Review for: Naturally Neutral more...
Another product with rave reviews that didn't work for me.  I'm beginning to think I should just get the opposite of what everyone likes!  For a little over $6 its not horrible, but I found one by Maybelline for $5 that personally I think works better on my skin.

I thought the "Naturally Neutral" would be just that - neutral.  It made my skin look pretty white.  And it didn't oxidize at all, so my skin looked white all day.  I'm assuming there would be mad flashback considering my face looked white in normal lighting.

The smell!  The smell is VERY strong and it DOESN'T GO AWAY.  It 100% smells like my grandma.  I was getting whiffs of it all day.  Not a huge factor for me because I don't eliminate anything based on smell and am not overly sensitive, but I can see how it would be a turnoff for some people.

I also didn't think it did anything to minimize pores, blur anything, or fight oil.  It did the complete opposite of smoothing everything.  It didn't feel heavy but it looked heavy.  It actually didn't look much different than the Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder I tried - cakey and textured, but at least the colorstay didn't make me look white.  If anything it made my pores look way bigger and made me look like I have more acne than I actually do.

The only good thing about this is how much product you get for how cheap it is, it looks like it could last forever.
Rachael S.
Carson city, NV
Review for: Translucent Extra Coverage more...
It smells like an old lady not going to lie going to put that out there right now. It cost 5 to 6 bucks depending upon where you pick it up it's readily available at Walmart. This stuff works I love it I have the one that provides extra coverage because as I age that I need to provide some extra coverage to. If you think it past the fact that it does smell like your grandma this stuff is Affordable and wonderful and if you do your makeup on a regular basis nobody wants to pay $60 for a luxury setting powder I don't understand spending that much money on Tiny tubs of setting powder that you're going to use a lot and often. The stuff provides smooth skin it helps fill in Fine Lines it mattifies it doesn't irritate your skin they have multiple colors available as well so you don't even have to get the full added coverage. I highly recommend this especially to those of us who don't understand why one would invest 60 to $80 on a tub of setting powder that you're going to burn through every month. This is my ride or die I use it everyday and I purchase it maybe every 6 months if that and that's with my daughter playing in it and flipping it around. Highly highly recommend
Denise H.
Wilmington , NC
Review for: Translucent Extra Coverage more...
After hearing the hype and rave reviews on this powder, I had to see what all the fuss was about! I remember seeing this in my grandma’s makeup bag years ago. I picked it up at Walmart for about $6 I think, and put it to the test. The first thing I noticed was the scent which makes me think of old school floral like. Hard to explain what the scent is. It may be a little much to some people sensitive to scents. It doesn’t bother me much though. It comes with a powder puff, which I don’t use, since I have a huge Morphe powder brush that I swear by (Morphe G0 Large Dome Powder Brush ) for my Powder application. I used this powder for both baking and setting. I love that this powder is very finely milled, so there aren’t any chunks when you apply for baking! It went on flawlessly with a slightly dampened beautyblender under my eyes, chin, nose and jawline. After about 5 minutes of “baking” those areas I buffed it off and the results were absolutely flawless! Then I used the powder to set the rest of my face and when I went out shopping I got so many compliments on how great my makeup looked!
Now I have seen for myself that the hype is REAL and I will continue to buy this for probably ever!!! Highly recommend 100%!
Montana O.
Mooresville , NC
This is the first loose setting powder I ever purchased. It does get messy though. It comes with a little puff that you can use to apply if you want but I prefer to use a damp beauty blender to set under my eyes or a brush for all over the face. The only downfall to this product is that it has a VERY strong perfume smell to it. If you a sensitive to smells this product is probably not for you. The smell doesn’t linger in the face for long after applying though. You do get a lot of product and the packaging is cute but it does get messy. I like to tap some into the lid and pick the product up from there. It sets my makeup amazingly and doesn’t cake up my foundation. Sometimes the only problem I have is if I have a ton of dry patches on my face it will cling to those spots do I definitely recommend exfoliating And moisturizing and priming your face before applying any type of powder. Great product. You can purchase this at most Walmart’s and KMart if you have one near you. I believe I only paid around $6-$7 for this product. It also does come in a few different colors too. I have translucent.
Taylor C.
Navarre, FL
Review for: Translucent Extra Coverage more...
I purchased this powder after seeing several beauty vloggers raving about how great it is for the price. I recalled my grandmother using this stuff years ago but I figured I'd give it a shot.

My fists impression was that it stinks. Really bad. But I can get over that. After applying the scent eventually goes away. At first I was pretty pleased. It seemed to cover my oily spots well and looked pretty good. Throughout the day however, I noticed my face started to look very cakey and dry. Too, I looked a bit orange. You'll notice in my picture that despite being labeled 'translucent' the powder still has some color to it. I assume that is why I started to look orange.

Don't get me wrong, the price is great. If you are on a budget this is a good setting powder. BUT in no way can it compare to Laura Mercier or Dermablends setting powders.
Julianne B.
United States
Overall, I'd recommend this to anyone regardless of their budget. It can be conveniently found at walmart so theres no need for an extra trip out of your way, nor any real damage to your bank account.
This product helps add some minor coverage to your look while also smoothing out fine lines and pores. I can't lie, I love this product. Not only does it add a really nice finishing touch, but the pigment helps even out some of the spots where my blending of my concealer, blush or contour may not be perfectly on point.
Coty Airspun feels really soft and light weight on the skin, but, like with most powders, you definitely want to set this with a spray to help make the look less dry and appear much more natural. Any spray can do the job though, water in a spray bottle could work in a pinch.
That said, this does have a smell to it that I can only describe as an older womans perfume, but the scent does go away after a bit. Additionally, the product is really cool toned, almost pink, so it isnt so friendly for those warm toned skin.
Tracy C.
Jesup, GA
Review for: Translucent Extra Coverage more...
I was so happy to see that my local Walmart now carries airspun! I immediately bought one in extra coverage because I’ve been hearing so many great things about it. The powder is very finely milled and soft, but my thoughts about this product did not meet the hype. I’ve tried this product to bake as well as light dusting. The extra coverage translucent gives the slightest lighter tone, which I like for brightening my under eyes. It also does not leave any flashback! However, after a few hours of wear (after my face starts getting a little oily), my foundation starts caking and the powder becomes visible and It clings onto my dry patches. The cotton pad that comes with it is absolutely useless as well.

Although i have a few complaints, the price of this ($7 Walmart) compared to Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder makes me give this a 4 star! It beats other drugstore loose powders by a long shot. All in all I recommend for those who want a high quality and affordable loose powder. Just make sure not to use too much or you will look like a cakey ghost!
Tytiyonna M.
Montgomery, AL
Review for: Other more...
I have the shade "Naturally Neutral". It is very fine and easy to apply. It smell like old lady perfume or "white diamonds perfume" lol. It only cost about 5$ and my makeup is on point when I use it. Sometimes I like it better than my Laura Mercier Setting Powder. I got mines from Wal-Mart. It helped me out a lot and I am an oily girl so sometimes it can be difficult to find something that works for me. You get a lot for your money too. I know for sure this will last me about 2 or 3 years because it's already a year old lol I forgot to mention it also come with a small puff applicator to apply it with but I don't use it because I mainly use sponges, beauty blenders, & brushes.
Julia R.
Boryspil, Gorkogo 50, Apt27
Hi friends!
If you are looking for a perfect loose setting powder for under-eyes and face generally - try it! I recommend this one.
It smells delicately, has a very nice formula and does its job perfectly. I use it under eyes, around my nose and sometimes around my mouth to set the concealer.
Another its advantage is amount of product - its something that wont end the same month you bought it!))) no matter how often you are going to use it!)
The only trouble for me is to take it with me whew i have flights with layovers. Cause its big and i am really scared that it might scatter inside my bag....
Which would be terrible because my make-up products are sacred for me:)
mika//미카 H.
Hilo, HI
Review for: Translucent Extra Coverage more...
I heard so much about this product being talked about among beauty influencers on youtube. I searched high and low for this product because I am from Hawaii, it took me a while until Walgreens was built near me. I found it here and I think it costed me $8, but still for the amount of product you get it is so worth paying for it. There were many warnings about the smell. Personally, it was a lot at first, but after a while I started to get used to it and like it. It reminds me of the scent of baby powder. I am unsure if that is it, but that's what I can think of right now. I really love using this product because it does a great job of setting the skin, yet it doesn't change the color of anything that I am setting. I have used this for a while and there hasn't been a dent in it. This will last you a long time. I do enjoy the packaging. It is bulky because of how much product is in it so just a little warning on that, but in the filter, lid, and puff that comes inside of it, I really like. A big puff comes inside of it and you can use that or just simply use a brush or sponge to apply this powder. After I use this up, I will definitely repurchase it is worth every penny!
Viridiana V.
Palmdale, CA
Where on earth do people get this powder I heard Wal-Mart but I can't find it??????
Sarah D.
San Gabriel, CA
Where can you purchase this powder?
Rachel S.
Kathleen, GA
Can I use this under my eyes to bake?
Alma Z.
Los Angeles , CA
I'm going to take flash photography tomorrow and I need to know if this powder gives a flashback
Erin M.
Clarksburg, MD
Where's the best place for me to buy this?? Preferably not online, but if it was online I would like it to be a bigger company (i.e. Amazon, ulta, Sephora) if that makes sense- just so I know it's trustworthy.