Corona Light
Corona Light
By Corona
#4 in Beer
Ola A.

Do you drink this with lime? If so, why?

Marty R.
Marty R.
Mammoth Lakes, CA
1 year, 8 months ago
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I’m partial to this theory, because I have fallen victim to a “skunked Corona,” more than once. Most beers come in a dark glass bottle, usually brown or green, this is to protect the brew from light exposure. One of the main ingredients in beer are hops, the flowers of the Humulus lupulus plant, which work as a flavoring and preservative agent in beer. Hops are very light-sensitive, and when exposed to too much of it, a chemical reaction occurs that releases a foul “skunk-like” scent. Because of its crystal clear bottle, this is a common problem for Coronas. It is believed that their advertisers suggested that consumers drink their Corona straight from the bottle — the narrow opening makes it difficult to smell — and with a lime wedge — the citrus fruit cancels out the bitterness and masks the scent. I feel that Corona has an incredibly mild flavor even when it’s skunked, so adding the lime does give it a little extra tartness that he and others enjoy. He also recommends a pilsner style lager that already has enough flavor and won’t need anything added to it.
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Howell, MI
1 year, 10 months ago
yes with lime and because it just gives it that extra kick to make it easier to drink
Yasmine G.
Yasmine G.
2 years, 2 months ago
I usually have it with lime and Tajin! they sale it at walmart and it is really good, it finishes up the caribbean tasty sensation :)
Sierra T.
Sierra T.
Spring, TX
2 years, 5 months ago
Always with a lime and salt. Makes it so much easier to drink. The lime cuts through the carbonation and adds a light refreshing citrus taste that is perfect in the sun! It also needs to be ice cold :)
Tiffany C.
Tiffany C.
port st lucie, FL
2 years, 6 months ago
It makes it taste so much better! Plus salt! yum!
Clemencia H.
Clemencia H.
Rolling Meadows, IL
2 years, 7 months ago
I do it just makes it taste a lot better
Kimberly A.
Kimberly A.
3 years, 4 months ago
With lime, because it has a better taste
Carrie P.
Carrie P.
Englewood, OH
3 years, 5 months ago
Yes, It's the only way to drink a Corona in my opinion!!!! When you push the lime into the bottle it leaves lime juice and some pulp around the edge so your first drink is mixed with the lime......Luv it!!
Leeann P.
Leeann P.
4 years, 2 months ago
Happy Hour Expert Level 4
I love lime with my alcohol, and i definitely think corona tastes better with it
Elayne A.
Elayne A.
Metairie, LA
4 years, 5 months ago
I drink this kind of beer with a lime because it helps with the harsh after taste. I love lime anyway so anything with lime is a winner in my book! :)