Corona Light
#4 in Beer
Adeline P.
Tavares, FL
Happy Hour Expert Level 4

Do you drink it with lime or alone?

Marty R.
Marty R.
Mammoth Lakes, CA
1 year, 8 months ago
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I’m partial to this theory, because I have fallen victim to a “skunked Corona,” more than once. Most beers come in a dark glass bottle, usually brown or green, this is to protect the brew from light exposure. One of the main ingredients in beer are hops, the flowers of the Humulus lupulus plant, which work as a flavoring and preservative agent in beer. Hops are very light-sensitive, and when exposed to too much of it, a chemical reaction occurs that releases a foul “skunk-like” scent. Because of its crystal clear bottle, this is a common problem for Coronas. It is believed that their advertisers suggested that consumers drink their Corona straight from the bottle — the narrow opening makes it difficult to smell — and with a lime wedge — the citrus fruit cancels out the bitterness and masks the scent. I feel that Corona has an incredibly mild flavor even when it’s skunked, so adding the lime does give it a little extra tartness that he and others enjoy. He also recommends a pilsner style lager that already has enough flavor and won’t need anything added to it.
Jessica G.
Kim T.
Kim T.
Sunrise, FL
2 years, 5 months ago
Depends on where I'm at... if I'm taking a cooler to the beach, I drink it alone (no sandy limes for me!) but, if I'm at home I'll cut a few up.
Kymberly F.
Kymberly F.
2 years, 5 months ago
Happy Hour Expert Level 4
Although this is one of my favorites a lime or alone is good either way.
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
2 years, 6 months ago
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I can't have it without lime!
Clemencia H.
Clemencia H.
Rolling Meadows, IL
2 years, 7 months ago
I prefer mine with lime and salt
Stevy H.
Teri P.
Baltimore, MD
2 years, 8 months ago
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
I prefer to drink it with a squeeze of lime, but it's also fine by itself!