Coraline

by Henry Selick

From the Director of The Nightmare Before Christmas comes a visually stunning stop-motion animated feature like you've never seen before! Coraline Jones is bored in her new home until she finds a secret door that leads her into a world that's just like her own…but better! But when this fantastical adventure turns dangerous and her "other" Mother tries to keep her forever, Coraline must count on her resourcefulness and bravery to get home. Critics are hailing Coraline as "A remarkable feat of imagination." (Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times).

Is the book as scary as the movie?
Where can I find merchandise for Coraline?
When did everyone watch this
ALSO RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Start your review of Coraline!
How would you rate this product?
Alesia F.
Westfield, NY
I did really like this movie, but it wasn't one of Tim Burtons best. I did see it in 3D and it hurt my eyes! maybe watching it Regular it would be better!
Jennifer F.
Climax, GA
The movie is great but the book is extra spooky. I know it's supposed to be a kid's book, but Gaiman has written books for kids that parents can enjoy right along with them. I read this one with my son so we could discuss it and both of us really enjoyed how much creeptastic fun it was! Highly recommend!
Genevieve O.
Utica, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love this book and movie. It is so spooky and fun. It scared me so much when I was younger. Now it doesn't, but it's still a good movie!
Heather S.
Odon, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Love this Neil Gaiman book! Coraline us a very relatable, genuine character, and I enjoyed the deliciously creepy plot line.
Fernaanda M.
I Like This Book....... The Movie Is Amazing And The Book Too :v.......... The Other Mom Is Amazing And Wonderful
Jules B.
Rocky Point, NY
This movie is amazing! When it first came out I thought it was for kids, but there was a lot of hidden concepts and things that were said that are not for children. I wouldn't recommend to a mother or father watching it with their younger children, but I would recommend it for young adults/adults.
Desiree B.
Austin , TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Okay so for starters, this is definitely NOT a movie for kids. I found that out the hard way when I took my little sister to the movie theaters to see it. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It's super creepy. I did not realize at the time that there was also a book but it is definitely on my to read list now.
Krista T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is another one of those books where I watched the film long before I ever knew it was a book. After finding out that it was a book, it instantly went on my to-read list. It has sat there for a really long while. Now that my son is three and currently obsessed with the stop motion film version of this book, I knew it was time to pick it up and read. I really enjoyed reading Coraline. Gaiman created a brilliantly creepy world that I was instantly sucked into. The book is much different than the film but in some ways very similar. Some characters and my favorite parts of the film don't exist in the book which was slightly disappointing to me. Which is why I give 4 stars instead of 5. Otherwise the imagery throughout the book is vivid. I love the concepts throughout. I think I would have enjoyed reading Coraline more if I had not seen the film a zillion times.
Kelly R.
Madison, WI
Pop Culture Expert Level 6
This was so awesome, visually. I wasn't wowed by the story line, but I was still glad I saw it because it looked so cool.
Erin B.
Philadelphia, PA
I'm a Tim Burton fan, and this movie, while the story seemed interesting, seemed kind of forced. I'm not sure. I liked the old Tim Burton movies. These seem rushed and kind of lacking.