BY COPPERTONE

Coppertone Clearly Sheer Whipped Sunscreen Spf 50 5 oz Age Group: Adult. see more...

Buy on Walgreens
Squeaky F.
Saint Paul, MN
I got the worst sunburn of my life using this. I applied this as recommended before leaving the house when I went swimming. It says it's water resistant up to 80 minutes so I figured no problem. Still, I'm fair so I reapplied every 30-45 minutes while I was out. I was shocked when I got home to see how very red I was! Painful! But okay, I figured it just wasn't as waterproof as claimed, so I used it again to work outside and this time I got blisters after less than an hour! Does this do anything?!?

Aside from its failures at sun protection, I hate this. It's soooo sticky and it takes forever to dry. Even when it does you're left feeling tacky. It's also hard to get out of the bottle and it makes a huge mess. Not only would I not buy this again, I'm not even going to finish this bottle.
Brin D.
Concord, CA
I really took a chance on this strange concept for sunscreen, and was very pleasantly surprised! It comes out almost like whipped cream, fluffy and light, and applies with a thick white cast (at first), which quickly disappears as it sinks into the skin, leaving the body feeling moisturizer, like I've just applied lotion. It was a bit scary at first, as I thought the white cast would stay, but it was nice that it was there just to show I was applying an adequate amount, and as I mentioned, there was no trace of sunscreen after patting it in. The scent is light and smells kind of like a mix between sunscreen and the typical clean "powder" scent. I haven't gotten burnt yet, and I wear sunscreen every day. I find myself looking forward to my daily application due to the fun texture and feel. Highly recommend!
Raisa M.
Bronx , NY
I actually love this sunscreen! I even got the baby version for my 6 month old son! It's light and doesn't feel like it's just sitting on skin. Has great spf coverage. The price retails for about what any other sunscreen goes for, so it's pretty affordable. Now that summer is really starting to kick in, I don't leave my house without this on! Perfect for the beach bag!
Anna S.
Long Beach, CA
Makes sunscreen application a lot quicker, but it doesn't completely eradicate the sticky or greasiness that can come with applying sunscreen. The sunscreen dispenses pretty much like shaving cream would, but it's a very dense foam that comes out. It definitely feels like it's covering you adequately since the product itself, once spread out, feels more like a cream than a liquid. Still, the first 15 seconds of application are a lot simpler with the foam texture so I appreciate what they did here.
Briana L.
Milford, MA
I bought this for the first time the other day as I needed sunscreen for a weekend getaway. I LOVED it! It did not leave the greasy residue that most sunscreens usually do. It also had a nice scent to it and was very easy to apply! I think this will definitely be my go to sunscreen from now on. The sunscreen being whipped also did not make it runny at all and it wasn't heavy either. :)
Kori Z.
Sherman, TX
It seems like there is no right answer when it comes to sunscreen--chemicals or mineral, spray on or lotion-- my son has had allergic reactions to mineral/zinc sunscreen and I try to stay away from the spray on type. But the lotion is such a pain to apply to wiggly little boys. The Coppertone Whipped goes on easily and absorbs very quickly. It offered sun protection and didn't feel like wrestling an alligator to get on my kiddos. I've already stocked up for our upcoming beach trip.
Sarah M.
I got this sunscreen because I had a $3 off manufacturers coupon. This sunscreen is so interesting, but very easy to apply. Comes out like a thick whipped cream, but rubs in clear. I bought SPF50 and feel it had good sun protection. Unfortunately, I don't think these bottles last as long as other spray/lotion sunscreens.
Michelle T.
I loved the texture of this sunscreen and the fact that it didn't remain sticky or leave too much of a white cast. However, I burned slightly through it despite applying with the same frequency that I'd normally reapply. I might use it for daily incidental protection, but never for anything longer than an hour.
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
My pediatrician recommended this product for my babies. It is very gentle for the skin with no harmful fumes and doesn't have a strong scent. It is great to avoid harmful rays and is not too cakey on the skin. It leaves your skin feeling so soft. It is sweat and water resistant as well. I highly recommend this product.
Estevan F.
Stockton, CA
Tried this product at the Disney Cars 3 tour in San Jose, Ca and it was great. It was about 90 degrees and really hot but they had a booth that was giving samples of the whipped coppertone sunscreen so I could put on my 3 year old. The stuff is awesome they gave a very small sample about quarter size and I was able to put it all over on my 3 year old. Didn't feel greasy like other sunscreens, would highly recommend