BY COOLA #31 in Setting Spray

Ready, set, go! A few mists of COOLA's organic Makeup Setting Spray SPF 30 keeps your 9am face going until you call it a night. The weightless, matte-finish spritz helps makeup stay put and delivers a quick hit of hydration and sun protection anytime you need it. see more...

• Does this work well at making your makeup last? I love th...2 Answers
  • I love the Coola range in general. As far as I know, th...1 Answers
  • Does this product have good quality and is it worth the p...5 Answers
COOLA Organic SPF 30 Makeup Setting Sunscreen Spray
  • "i love that this is a sun screen spray! the mist isn’t too heavy and provided great coverage with just a few sprays. it does matte pretty well, and does not make makeup budge." in 125 reviews
Melissa B.
This, more than any other product I’ve tried, sent me into a conundrum. Here’s why.

Pros -
SPF. I didn’t burn in summer Florida sun, and only applied extra SPF to my nose throughout the day.
Holds makeup better than any spray I’ve tried. You feel it working - it’s as intense as an extreme hold hairspray, but for your face.
Scent. If you can get past the chemical scent (I’ll get to that soon), the ‘green tea and aloe’ scent is light and very nice.

Cons -
Chemicals. Whatever is in this is the most intense, heavy product I’ve ever put on my face. It burns to apply if I have even the smallest breakout, and I dare not open my eyes within the first 30 seconds of spraying unless I want to cry my contacts right out. This also causes an INTENSE hairspray-esque aroma.
Bottle. The product gunks around the nozzle (just like hairspray) and not only makes the pump difficult to operate, but the stream inconsistent.
Overall quality, and here’s my biggest issue. I was so impressed by how well the product worked that I overlooked these issues until I was packing for a trip and discovered (pre-flight, pre-suitcase, always stored upright in my bathroom) that the acrylic cap was shattered from the inside and covered in an oily layer. I reached out to Coola, assuming this was a fluke, to ask about the chemicals in the product and get more information. Not only was I not offered any information or a product replacement, but was advised that I had probably been storing my product improperly. Not long after (fool me twice...), I repurchased. Maybe I HAD done something wrong. However, it wasn’t two weeks before this bottle - still standing upright, but now in my bedroom in case my shower had something to do with the damage - did the same thing. In fairness, I have not reached out to Coola regarding this second instance, but I will not repurchase.

If you are confident that you can get past the issues that may come about by using this product, go for it. It truly does the job it’s supposed to do. My experience will not bring me back, as I believe a suncare product at this price point should fall under certain standards, and between my experiences and Coola’s nonchalance, it’s not worth the money and trouble (and a touch of physical pain!).
Ariana M.
Chattanooga, TN
I have dry sensitive skin with mild rosacea, I didn’t think I was going to find a good spray spf that wasn’t greasy/heavy and had some anti inflammatory properties to soothe/hydrate my skin. I usually use evian® Facial Spray to cool me off during the day, but I want more UV protection, especially it getting warmer. I tried another from supergoop but it felt way too heavy and left my face feeling greasy. Enter COOLA! I received this in my Birchbox and tested it through my 13 hr shift. It mattified yet refreshed/hydrated my face while calming my skin! Even hours after the application my face still felt amazing. The spray is super light and didn’t leave my face feeling tight. I highly recommend this spray! ❤️😭
Kris M.
Sunnyvale, CA
I love the idea of a make up setting spray with sunscreen in it but Coola Make Up Setting Spray with Sunscreen needs to go back to the drawing board.

I used it to set my make up and the spray made my make up look very shiny and felt extremely sticky on my face! Yuk!! The scent too was rather off and pretty “sunscreen-y, it wasn’t pleasant breathing it in.
It could be used as just a facial sunscreen spray only, but they’re many better and less expensive products on the market for that purpose. I do however recommend and use their body spray sunscreen, it’s awesome and some of the scents smell very nice!! COOLA Organic SPF 30 Makeup Setting Sunscreen Spray
jana r.
Columbia, MO
OH WOW, guys... This stuff is amazing! The mist that comes out is the finest, most gentle spray I've ever experienced. Next, it lands on your face and it drys as fast as any regular setting spray (it doesn't stay tacky and moist like other SPF setting sprays...) It looks beautiful over your makeup, BEAUTIFUL! Last, SPF 30 AND Hyaluronic Acid and it 70% organic! And and and...

This setting spray is FABULOUS and I'm kicking myself, seriously for waiting so long before I got it. I have like 8 setting sprays that I will scarcely touch this summer now that this gem is in my life! COOLA Organic SPF 30 Makeup Setting Sunscreen Spray
Christianne S.
Brunswick, OH
So I read other reviews that said the spray was abrasive and decided to proceed with caution. They weren't lying. I tested it out on my hand first just to be sure. This is not a mist at all. It's a squirt for lack of a better word. I held it about 2 feet from my face and that was good. The initial alcohol smell at first was enough to take your breath away. It dries quite quickly and once it does it smells like sunscreen. I guess they figure since it's SPF 30 that was appropriate. I'm not a huge fan of the smell but it's not offensive. I would not purchase this full size product but it's not horrible. Works well enough.
Tracey C.
As the weather warms, I incorporate more bronzing gels and sheer tints into my looks. Unfortunately, even primer-fortified, my lit-from-within glows fade much more quickly than looks built on a mattifying foundation. So, I rely on long-lasting, quality setting sprays to keep looks fresh and to extend wear. Coola is in my permanently rotation as setting mist and sunscreen. The hold is fantastic and the formula non-drying. I also love that it is cruelty-free!
Bottom line: COOLA Organic SPF 30 Makeup Setting Sunscreen Spray is a high-quality, long-wearing product.
Krizz'Tina M.
I was really surprised at how good this product is. Initially I didn't like it because over my makeup, it feels kind of dry and tight, but I do LOVE it on it's own when I am going out with a bare face. The finish is very natural, kind of a semi matte, and you definitely have to hold your breath (you don't want to inhale this). I didn't get any kind of white cast on my face when I used it. It's a good buy if you need SPF and don't want layers of creamy skin care. It still smells like sunscreen when it's initially sprayed too.
Valarie R.
A setting spray with built in sunscreen?! Yes please!
I have oily sensitive acne prone skin and this did not make me greasy! Yay! I have used this without makeup and it’s fine, I also have used it with makeup and it doesn’t disturb any of the products or leave any dots. You do have to shake it A LOT.
The only problem I have with this product is that it burns my eyes for about 15 seconds after applying and I’m not sure if that has to do with the sun screen or the plant extracts.
I wish it wasn’t so expensive.
Christain S.
Greensboro, NC
I love this product. It has a sunscreen built in, and sets makeup like a dream. My makeup didn't budge all day long. It has a slight perfume-like smell, but it isn't overpowering and disappears after it dries. I would absolutely recommend this setting spray to everyone who needs their makeup to stay all day. I received this item in a beauty subscription bag.
Azrael H.
I received a sample in my Birchbox. I really liked the spray, my makeup stayed on all day even though I'm a busy girl! Plus there is SPF in it. Slight stickiness, but not bad at all for the lasting effect. The only thing I didn't like was the scent. It was very chemical-y and the cucumber wasn't pronounced at all.
Melanie B.
Montreal
I have acne-prone and sensitive skin! In the reviews, people have been writing about the strong scent and sometimes stinging sensation on the skin. I'm just wondering if it caused breakouts on some people! THANKS :)
Anna M.
San Diego, CA
Does this product have good quality and is it worth the purchase ?
Christina S.
When applied does it burn your eyes
Ashleigh W.
Has this caused any breakouts or reactions for anyone? Is there a strong sunscreen scent?