BY COOLA

• Is this okay for acne prone skin? I usually use tinted mo...3 Answers
  • Would this 'tint' work for people that are fair skinned? ...11 Answers
Dolores A.
Alameda, CA
I have a major love/hate relationship with this product...
Pros:- I am all about the ingredients and using natural and botanical sunscreens as opposed to chemical ones. - No greasy feeling, light as air product. - This feels amazing going on, just like a really good primer. - Foundation goes on smoothly with this underneath. - Good amount of protection. - In the summer this will work wonderfully under a powder foundation.
Cons:- Claims to be tinted but I find that's just kind of a gimmick. - There are many other more affordable sunscreens available, this is uber $$$-  If I am wearing primer with sunscreen, this is pretty much useless/unnecc. - If I am wearing foundation with sunscreen, this is pretty much useless/unnecc. - Too light for colder months.
Given that this product will last a long time, I think its worth the price to try it out if you have been searching for a thin "feel good" sunscreen. However, it is far from the best out there.
Mary Kate G.
Madison, WI
This didn’t make me (bad acne!) breakout! I tried some from a Birchbox I got and I would want something a bit stronger for hiking and what not but this ‘screen was good for everyday wear!
Morgan S.
knoxville
Leaves face greasy. Not the biggest fan of the product. The price is mid range not terribly expensive. More on the disappointing side, with pretty packaging and appealing to the eye.
Emily S.
My skin has two qualities that make summer skin care more challenging; I have redness from acne and I also NEED sunscreen (reference porcelain in bio). I don’t want to use oily sun care products on my acne prone skin and I also don’t feel great going 100% makeup free so this product was the answer to those problems. Because it’s tinted I feel that my redness is subdued and I also know I’m safe from sunburn.
aubrey b.
Heber City
This is what I wear in the summer all the time! It’s amazing and doesn’t clog my pores or make my skin feel greasy! I also love that it’s tinted so this is all I have to wear.
Alisa W.
Cibolo, TX
Purchased at: Sephora
This is a great product . The coverage is about average for that of a tinted moisturizer . It helps to even out the complexion some while giving an almost blurred look to imperfections . I would say the feel is velvet like . I’ve tried other tinted moisturizer products and they have felt very emollient and can leave the skin feeling tacky after . This product doesn’t feel like that at all and leaves the skin feeling smooth and matte . You won’t need to apply any additional products in order to make this fee comfortable . I will say if you are very dry you may not love this because it could potentially settle into your dry patches and point those areas out more but other than that it’s a fantastic product that I highly recommend !
Rachel S.
North Andover, MA
Purchased at: Sephora
I received this product as a sample and decided to use it yesterday after the shower! My skin was feeling awfully dry and I don’t usually use SPF moisturizers so I figured I’d give it a go.

This bb cream was so smooth, airy, and whipped kind of like a mousse. It went on like air which made me nervous that I was just blending it into nothing. But a few min later once it was settled, my skin was BABY soft.

I did my makeup routine regularly and it played so nicely with my daily products. I would love to Ofer a full size of this product to try it during a longer period of time because I truly believe they’re on to something great here!

It is expensive so maybe once I decide to treat myself they’ll have me sold as a regular! We’ll see.
Glory G.
Austin, TX
I live in the humid Austin heat and this stuff really holds up! Stays matte but leaves face feeling soft. The tint is potent enough that I replace my BB cream with it most days. The smell is light and it's easy to reapply, especially when swimming. This stuff is magical. I've left it in the heat by accident and the formula stays the same and doesn't get goopy or watery.
Rubina B.
Worcester
I got a trial size of this through birchbox, and it's one of the better sunscreens I've tried. I love that it feels matte and smooth and perfect as a primer, and I love the slight tint that makes my skin look better than it is.
The problem: only spf 30 (you apply less than you think, so you always want to start with a high number), and for something you're supposed to use a lot of it's very expensive. I've been looking for an alternative that has at least a spf 50, and that's more affordable so the price doesn't encourage me to use less than the suggested amount. I'm currently loving the Botanical Sunscreen SPF 50 Tinted Face Mineral Lotion - costs a sixth as much per ounce, the scent fades quickly, and it has all the same upsides as the Coola.
Lauren B.
Greenfield

This moisturizer was awesome. Soaked into my skin without making it feel oily all day. Love the tint. Only downside for me I wear masks all day at work and it rubbed off on it. But it didn't on my hands when I tested it. So I'm sticking to a clear moisturizer during work days. And this would be a weekend moisturizer. Perfect for summer festivals!
Ana T.
Jamaica Plain, MA
What do you like most about coola mineralface tinted coola?
Stephanie B.
Midlothian, VA
Did your sample last a whole month?
Mariah R.