BY COOLA #60 in Facial Sunscreen

• How does this feel when applied to the face?? My skin is ...6 Answers
  • Is this okay for acne prone skin? I usually use tinted mo...3 Answers
  • Would this 'tint' work for people that are fair skinned? ...11 Answers
Michelle H.
I don't use this as a tinted moisturizer, but more as a poreless mattifying primer and it works AMAZINGLY well for that purpose.

It has little to no coverage to me, so as a tinted moisturizer, it's almost worthless if you're looking for that. It's soft, velvety texture (and even its tint) reminds me of Porefessional, except this is able to keep my oily T-zone clear of any shine literally *all day* while also providing a smooth, even canvas for my foundation.

I used this as a moisturizer/base on the day of my wedding before my makeup artist arrived (yes, I even preferred it OVER my MUFE and YSL primers), since I knew this would be the only thing to keep me matte underneath whatever foundation she would be applying on top of it -- it worked out beautifully.

The sunscreen in this product is just an added bonus for day-to-day use, and it never caused any flashback in any of my wedding day photos.
Natalie G.
Phoenix
I really wanted to review this product, because it's not quite what I expected it to be, but even better in a lot of ways!
First of all, the tint is very, very minimal. It goes on basically translucent, so I really wouldn't call it a BB cream in terms of coverage. It does minimize pores and even out skintone a little bit though, which I appreciate.
Second, this acts as the best primer I've ever used! My skin looked great today with this as my primer, a little concealer and just a tiny bit of liquid foundation on top. My friend commented that my skin looked super clear, but I actually have a small breakout on my chin that my concealer was able to hide way better than usual with this as my primer. For reference, I have used Too Faced primer (decent) and E.L.F primer (useless) before, and this product which isn't even marketed as a primer has blown them both out of the water.
Lastly, this is the best facial sunscreen I've ever used. Most products with SPF go on feeling greasy, make my skin shiny, or clog up my pores, but this goes on light and velvety and I really appreciate the sun protection.
Yes, this is pretty pricy and more than I'd usually like to spend on sunscreen, but it's vegan, cruelty-free, almost entirely natural, silky and light, an amazing primer, and looks and feels great, so I'd say it's worth it!
Kendal K.
Malden, MA
I really like this face sunscreen even though I really wish it was an SPF 50 because I am extremely fair. It does have a slight tint, but it melts into your skin and doesn't leave an orange tint on me the way other tinted SPFs have in the past. I love that it's matte, I find that I can skip foundation nowadays when I wear this, I might just swipe on a little bit of mineral powder over top to set, but this evens out my general skin tone and makes me look I put a filter on my face - freckles show through but imperfections are blurred. Definitely would recommend and plan to repurchase.
Rubina B.
Worcester
I got a trial size of this through birchbox, and it's one of the better sunscreens I've tried. I love that it feels matte and smooth and perfect as a primer, and I love the slight tint that makes my skin look better than it is.
The problem: only spf 30 (you apply less than you think, so you always want to start with a high number), and for something you're supposed to use a lot of it's very expensive. I've been looking for an alternative that has at least a spf 50, and that's more affordable so the price doesn't encourage me to use less than the suggested amount. I'm currently loving the Botanical Sunscreen SPF 50 Tinted Face Mineral Lotion - costs a sixth as much per ounce, the scent fades quickly, and it has all the same upsides as the Coola.
Laura B.
Missoula
This sunscreen is amazing in dry climates and HORRIBLE in high humidity. 5-star dry climate performance - skin looks better, the product feels great. Then, I visited my sister in Virginia and 85 degrees with 90% humidity made is literally melt off my face. The dewiness provided for dry climates turned into what looked like a post-work teenage fast food fry cook and no amount of powder on top could help. After this I switched to IT Cosmetics® Your Skin But Better™ CC+™ Cream with SPF 50+ - that product handles any humidity like a charm.
Casey W.
Lyman, SC
So, what started as a sample in an Ulta freebie bag has turned into a full blown addiction! I LOVE this stuff! Didn’t burn at all at the beach with this on my face, and didn’t even look oily even after sweating all day in the hot sun! It makes my face feel ridiculously smooth and covers a lot of blemishes and redness, but isn’t heavy at all (it feels like a whipped mousse). I’ve started using it as my makeup primer (after trying like 739 different primers with little success) and absolutely love it! My makeup stays so much better and LASTS!
Michelle H.
Malvern
This stuff is awesome! I love that it blends into my skin so well and it leaves a matte finish so it gives me the slightest amount of coverage, which is exactly what I want in the summertime! The fact that it has SPF 30 is just a major plus because then I don’t have to worry about putting sunscreen under or over any makeup I might try to be wearing. A+++
Shayna T.
Irvine
I have a couple different primers I use, some differ from others.. I like this one alot for the simple fact that it is a spf 30 mineral sunscreen, it's unscented and it gives your skin an immediate line-smoothing matte finish and fights signs of aging caused by the sun. This time of year is when you need it the most! Plus, it has plant protection. The matte tint to it is just the cherry on top! 😍
Ellis L.
Duluth, GA
I've been trying to switch my sunscreens over to mineral / coral-safe sunscreens and splurged on this one. The tint is definitely on the lighter side and can I tell you how much I love how this goes on? It has a whipped kind of texture that goes onto your face super smooth and the tint is a bonus since, then I don't have to put on anything else after. I use it after I do all my skincare and then put on all my makeup after that.
Vennessa G.
El Paso, TX
With summer now in full swing I decided to give this gem a try. I wanted something to give me a bit of color and protect from the sun without leaving me feeling cakey. I am in love with this stuff, it's magic in a tube. It's so lightweight my face feels like nothing is on it but covers great. I also love that it has sunscreen and of course is natural.
Ana T.
Jamaica Plain, MA
What do you like most about coola mineralface tinted coola?
Stephanie B.
Midlothian, VA
Did your sample last a whole month?
Mariah R.