BY COOLA #52 in Facial Sunscreen

• Is this okay for acne prone skin? I usually use tinted mo...3 Answers
  • Would this 'tint' work for people that are fair skinned? ...11 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Michelle H.
I don't use this as a tinted moisturizer, but more as a poreless mattifying primer and it works AMAZINGLY well for that purpose.

It has little to no coverage to me, so as a tinted moisturizer, it's almost worthless if you're looking for that. It's soft, velvety texture (and even its tint) reminds me of Porefessional, except this is able to keep my oily T-zone clear of any shine literally *all day* while also providing a smooth, even canvas for my foundation.

I used this as a moisturizer/base on the day of my wedding before my makeup artist arrived (yes, I even preferred it OVER my MUFE and YSL primers), since I knew this would be the only thing to keep me matte underneath whatever foundation she would be applying on top of it -- it worked out beautifully.

The sunscreen in this product is just an added bonus for day-to-day use, and it never caused any flashback in any of my wedding day photos.
Laura B.
Missoula
This sunscreen is amazing in dry climates and HORRIBLE in high humidity. 5-star dry climate performance - skin looks better, the product feels great. Then, I visited my sister in Virginia and 85 degrees with 90% humidity made is literally melt off my face. The dewiness provided for dry climates turned into what looked like a post-work teenage fast food fry cook and no amount of powder on top could help. After this I switched to IT Cosmetics® Your Skin But Better™ CC+™ Cream with SPF 50+ - that product handles any humidity like a charm.
Casey W.
Lyman, SC
So, what started as a sample in an Ulta freebie bag has turned into a full blown addiction! I LOVE this stuff! Didn’t burn at all at the beach with this on my face, and didn’t even look oily even after sweating all day in the hot sun! It makes my face feel ridiculously smooth and covers a lot of blemishes and redness, but isn’t heavy at all (it feels like a whipped mousse). I’ve started using it as my makeup primer (after trying like 739 different primers with little success) and absolutely love it! My makeup stays so much better and LASTS!
Michelle H.
Malvern
This stuff is awesome! I love that it blends into my skin so well and it leaves a matte finish so it gives me the slightest amount of coverage, which is exactly what I want in the summertime! The fact that it has SPF 30 is just a major plus because then I don’t have to worry about putting sunscreen under or over any makeup I might try to be wearing. A+++
Michelle V.
New Jersey
I don’t like how greasy most sunscreen is on my face so I thought I would like that this is a matte finish but I was wrong. It goes on smoothly and looks good when first applied, but it eventually clings to any dry patches on the face. Also even though it says it is tinted, I couldn’t see any difference in the product being able to even out my skin tone. While it didn’t look the best on my skin, it did protect it from the sun and I didn’t seem to get sunburnt wearing it.
Laurel B.
Boston
This is such a unique sunscreen. Its texture is that of a light mousse, which makes it immensely elegant when applied to the skin. Its tint is quite subtle and sheer, but it helps to even out skin tone and reduce any shininess that often occurs from sunscreen application. It feels light on the skin, is packed with nourishing antioxidants and plant oils, and protects the skin well. It also plays nicely underneath makeup. This sunscreen has been a staple in my routine for several years, and it will continue to be in the future.
Shayna T.
Irvine
I have a couple different primers I use, some differ from others.. I like this one alot for the simple fact that it is a spf 30 mineral sunscreen, it's unscented and it gives your skin an immediate line-smoothing matte finish and fights signs of aging caused by the sun. This time of year is when you need it the most! Plus, it has plant protection. The matte tint to it is just the cherry on top! 😍
Ellis L.
Duluth, GA
I've been trying to switch my sunscreens over to mineral / coral-safe sunscreens and splurged on this one. The tint is definitely on the lighter side and can I tell you how much I love how this goes on? It has a whipped kind of texture that goes onto your face super smooth and the tint is a bonus since, then I don't have to put on anything else after. I use it after I do all my skincare and then put on all my makeup after that.
Vennessa G.
El Paso, TX
With summer now in full swing I decided to give this gem a try. I wanted something to give me a bit of color and protect from the sun without leaving me feeling cakey. I am in love with this stuff, it's magic in a tube. It's so lightweight my face feels like nothing is on it but covers great. I also love that it has sunscreen and of course is natural.
Emily S.
My skin has two qualities that make summer skin care more challenging; I have redness from acne and I also NEED sunscreen (reference porcelain in bio). I don’t want to use oily sun care products on my acne prone skin and I also don’t feel great going 100% makeup free so this product was the answer to those problems. Because it’s tinted I feel that my redness is subdued and I also know I’m safe from sunburn.
Ana T.
Jamaica Plain, MA
What do you like most about coola mineralface tinted coola?
Stephanie B.
Midlothian, VA
Did your sample last a whole month?
Mariah R.