BY COOLA

• How does this feel when applied to the face?? My skin is ...6 Answers
  • Is this okay for acne prone skin? I usually use tinted mo...3 Answers
  • Would this 'tint' work for people that are fair skinned? ...11 Answers
Michelle H.
I don't use this as a tinted moisturizer, but more as a poreless mattifying primer and it works AMAZINGLY well for that purpose.

It has little to no coverage to me, so as a tinted moisturizer, it's almost worthless if you're looking for that. It's soft, velvety texture (and even its tint) reminds me of Porefessional, except this is able to keep my oily T-zone clear of any shine literally *all day* while also providing a smooth, even canvas for my foundation.

I used this as a moisturizer/base on the day of my wedding before my makeup artist arrived (yes, I even preferred it OVER my MUFE and YSL primers), since I knew this would be the only thing to keep me matte underneath whatever foundation she would be applying on top of it -- it worked out beautifully.

The sunscreen in this product is just an added bonus for day-to-day use, and it never caused any flashback in any of my wedding day photos.
Kendal K.
Malden, MA
I really like this face sunscreen even though I really wish it was an SPF 50 because I am extremely fair. It does have a slight tint, but it melts into your skin and doesn't leave an orange tint on me the way other tinted SPFs have in the past. I love that it's matte, I find that I can skip foundation nowadays when I wear this, I might just swipe on a little bit of mineral powder over top to set, but this evens out my general skin tone and makes me look I put a filter on my face - freckles show through but imperfections are blurred. Definitely would recommend and plan to repurchase.
Shayna T.
Irvine
I have a couple different primers I use, some differ from others.. I like this one alot for the simple fact that it is a spf 30 mineral sunscreen, it's unscented and it gives your skin an immediate line-smoothing matte finish and fights signs of aging caused by the sun. This time of year is when you need it the most! Plus, it has plant protection. The matte tint to it is just the cherry on top! 😍
Emily S.
My skin has two qualities that make summer skin care more challenging; I have redness from acne and I also NEED sunscreen (reference porcelain in bio). I don’t want to use oily sun care products on my acne prone skin and I also don’t feel great going 100% makeup free so this product was the answer to those problems. Because it’s tinted I feel that my redness is subdued and I also know I’m safe from sunburn.
Glory G.
Austin, TX
I live in the humid Austin heat and this stuff really holds up! Stays matte but leaves face feeling soft. The tint is potent enough that I replace my BB cream with it most days. The smell is light and it's easy to reapply, especially when swimming. This stuff is magical. I've left it in the heat by accident and the formula stays the same and doesn't get goopy or watery.
Rubina B.
Worcester
I got a trial size of this through birchbox, and it's one of the better sunscreens I've tried. I love that it feels matte and smooth and perfect as a primer, and I love the slight tint that makes my skin look better than it is.
The problem: only spf 30 (you apply less than you think, so you always want to start with a high number), and for something you're supposed to use a lot of it's very expensive. I've been looking for an alternative that has at least a spf 50, and that's more affordable so the price doesn't encourage me to use less than the suggested amount. I'm currently loving the Botanical Sunscreen SPF 50 Tinted Face Mineral Lotion - costs a sixth as much per ounce, the scent fades quickly, and it has all the same upsides as the Coola.
Lauren B.
Greenfield

This moisturizer was awesome. Soaked into my skin without making it feel oily all day. Love the tint. Only downside for me I wear masks all day at work and it rubbed off on it. But it didn't on my hands when I tested it. So I'm sticking to a clear moisturizer during work days. And this would be a weekend moisturizer. Perfect for summer festivals!
Mandy G.
Springfield
This is the lightest smoothest sunscreen I have ever came across. It feels velvety and soft. It have a tiny like a foundation. I do not like sunscreens because of the greasy feel to them. Every morning I put this on as part of my skincare regime. I look at the bottle every time because it just seems to good to be a sunscreen! I love it!
Angie K.
Hickory, NC
I use this every summer. I get the light tinted and use it as a B.B. cream and my sunscreen. It doesn’t clog my pores like most sunscreens do. It’s also organic and doesn’t have any bad chemicals in it. One bottle will last me the entire summer. It also does well under foundation and powders. I have been using for a few years now and will continue to.
Michelle V.
Manalapan, NJ
I don’t like how greasy most sunscreen is on my face so I thought I would like that this is a matte finish but I was wrong. It goes on smoothly and looks good when first applied, but it eventually clings to any dry patches on the face. Also even though it says it is tinted, I couldn’t see any difference in the product being able to even out my skin tone. While it didn’t look the best on my skin, it did protect it from the sun and I didn’t seem to get sunburnt wearing it.
Ana T.
Jamaica Plain, MA
What do you like most about coola mineralface tinted coola?
Stephanie B.
Midlothian, VA
Did your sample last a whole month?
Mariah R.