BY COOLA

• Is this okay for acne prone skin? I usually use tinted mo...3 Answers
  • Would this 'tint' work for people that are fair skinned? ...11 Answers
Dolores A.
Alameda, CA
I have a major love/hate relationship with this product...
Pros:- I am all about the ingredients and using natural and botanical sunscreens as opposed to chemical ones. - No greasy feeling, light as air product. - This feels amazing going on, just like a really good primer. - Foundation goes on smoothly with this underneath. - Good amount of protection. - In the summer this will work wonderfully under a powder foundation.
Cons:- Claims to be tinted but I find that's just kind of a gimmick. - There are many other more affordable sunscreens available, this is uber $$$-  If I am wearing primer with sunscreen, this is pretty much useless/unnecc. - If I am wearing foundation with sunscreen, this is pretty much useless/unnecc. - Too light for colder months.
Given that this product will last a long time, I think its worth the price to try it out if you have been searching for a thin "feel good" sunscreen. However, it is far from the best out there.
Michelle H.
I don't use this as a tinted moisturizer, but more as a poreless mattifying primer and it works AMAZINGLY well for that purpose.

It has little to no coverage to me, so as a tinted moisturizer, it's almost worthless if you're looking for that. It's soft, velvety texture (and even its tint) reminds me of Porefessional, except this is able to keep my oily T-zone clear of any shine literally *all day* while also providing a smooth, even canvas for my foundation.

I used this as a moisturizer/base on the day of my wedding before my makeup artist arrived (yes, I even preferred it OVER my MUFE and YSL primers), since I knew this would be the only thing to keep me matte underneath whatever foundation she would be applying on top of it -- it worked out beautifully.

The sunscreen in this product is just an added bonus for day-to-day use, and it never caused any flashback in any of my wedding day photos.
Kendal K.
Malden, MA
I really like this face sunscreen even though I really wish it was an SPF 50 because I am extremely fair. It does have a slight tint, but it melts into your skin and doesn't leave an orange tint on me the way other tinted SPFs have in the past. I love that it's matte, I find that I can skip foundation nowadays when I wear this, I might just swipe on a little bit of mineral powder over top to set, but this evens out my general skin tone and makes me look I put a filter on my face - freckles show through but imperfections are blurred. Definitely would recommend and plan to repurchase.
Veronica D.
Purchased at: ULTA
I actually really like this product! It works great under makeup I notice it keeps my oily skin at bay and I love that it has sunscreen. I've tried to wear it alone and I look like I have a white cast like sunscreen tend to leave. U probably can't notice unless you focus on it. Overall great product!
Krysten N.
Bunkie
Purchased at: ULTA
My most favorite “makeup” ever. Everyone ought to use this. It goes on beautifully and is smooth and adjust to your coloring. Has lots of sunscreen protection but that is almost a side benefit because it is such a nice evening effect to your skin. Not heavy. Does not look like makeup. Love it.
Dawn S.
Mobile
I first received a sample and loved it, but once I purchased it I was not as impressed. It came out kind of watery and didn't feel as though the sunscreen worked as well as regular sunscreen. For what I got I felt I paid too much. I wouldn't recommend this product or purchase it again.
Tara K.
This is the best face sunscreen I have found. It keeps my skin hydrated and stays on all day. It also has a blurring effect, so I don't need to wear any other makeup over it. My skin can be easily irritated, but this product is very gentle and non-irritating. I will definitely keep buying it!
Monique S.
Purchased at: ULTA
I tried this and it did not work out for me. My mum loves it and has been using it for 5+ years but it didn’t agree with my skin. (I do have a dry skin, hence the matte finish did not look great.)
Alexandra W.
I received this product (multiple times) in my Birchboxes, so I kept a tube in my purse, car, desk, etc. It applied evenly, and seemed to provide good coverage. It was a little sticky upon initial application, and worked better after you have applied makeup.
Shayna T.
Irvine
I have a couple different primers I use, some differ from others.. I like this one alot for the simple fact that it is a spf 30 mineral sunscreen, it's unscented and it gives your skin an immediate line-smoothing matte finish and fights signs of aging caused by the sun. This time of year is when you need it the most! Plus, it has plant protection. The matte tint to it is just the cherry on top! 😍
Ana T.
Jamaica Plain, MA
What do you like most about coola mineralface tinted coola?
Stephanie B.
Midlothian, VA
Did your sample last a whole month?
Mariah R.