BY COOL WHIP

Cool Whip Frosting
  • "I bought the cream cheese one for my mother and the vanilla for my grandmother (they bake a lot) which only turned them into fans themselves!" in 48 reviews
  • "ok so i love this stuff its not overly sweet and its easy to put on mini cupcakes and between fresh chocolate chip cookie like a ice cream sandwich" in 17 reviews
  • "it is nice and creamy and not over sweet .it is very easy to spread on cupcakes and cakes so you dont destroy your baked goodys." in 15 reviews
  • "I have always gotten upset because the regular icing you can buy just doesn't compare to the whipped cream icing the bakery uses." in 11 reviews
  • "Im a very big lover of the bakery frosting I don't car for the store bought cans and i do love cool whip so i went out and grabbed the cool whip vanilla frosting and loved it." in 10 reviews
Amanda K.
West Salem, OH
Let me tell you this frosting is amazing! I have only tried the chocolate so far and in love with it. It is so yummy! I can not wait to try the vanilla on eclair cake! Did you know that this frosting is whipped? It makes it easier to spread and it won't tear the cake/cupcakes! It is super easy to use, place in fridge for 4 hours before you plan on using it or an hour on counter.

Created this recipe: Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes:
Chocolate cake mix and ingredients listed on back of box
Jet-Puffed MALLOW Bits Vanilla
(36) Jet-Puffed Miniature 10 oz. Marshmallows
Chocolate COOL WHIP Frosting

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with liners.
Follow instructions on cake mix box and prepare mix.
Freeze marshmallows until you are ready for them (they do not melt as fast if frozen).
Fill liners 1/2 way full and gently push three marshmallows in middle.
Spoon batter over marshmallows.
Bake for 18-21 minutes.
Once cooled cover with frosting (I used a pastry gun) and then sprinkle with Jet-Puffed MALLOW Bits Vanilla.

Amy B.
Roscoe, IL
I purchased this product a few weeks ago because it was on sale and i had a coupon so I got it super cheap. I AM SO GLAD I DID! I have used the chocolate and vanilla flavors and both have a great, rich flavor without being overly sweet like most store bought frosting. I love the creamy whipped texture too! It is so light and tastes light! I gave this product a "B" because you really need to be sure you defrost it before use and be sure your baked goods are 100% cool before using this product. Also: This is a product you should use right before you are presenting your baked treat. Other frostings can be applied and the baked good can sit for a while. With this product I don't think that is a good idea. Seems like the baked good will take on the moisture from the frosting and get soggy.
Felisha C.
Bossier City, LA
This is a really easy go to for cakes and cupcakes, that tastes wonderful! It is so light with is a great addition to a dense or light cake. I have used all three flavors, but the favorite for my household is chocolate. I use it as a filling for a chocolate cake I make and it is a huge hit! The chocolate cake that I make is from scratch and really dense with true chocolate flavor, so the light chocolate frosting matches very well to not overpower the cake. I bought the cream cheese one for my mother and the vanilla for my grandmother (they bake a lot) which only turned them into fans themselves! My grandmother told me she would never make whipped frosting again because this was better and easier than her homemade version.
Jennifer C.
Saint Johns, FL
When I first saw this here on Influenster I knew I wanted to try it. However I don't shop at Walmart and that was the only place shown that carried it. So I was super excited when I spotted it in the freezer section at my local Super Target. It was located next to the frozen desserts and cakes. They had all three flavors there so I let my kids choose between chocolate and vanilla (I don't care for cream cheese flavored anything). They picked vanilla and we chose to spread it on sugar cookies. I loved how easy it was to spread and the consistency is light and fluffy which I loved. I also really liked the mild flavor - as did my husband most frosting is too sweet for his taste. I can't wait to go back this weekend and pick up the chocolate flavor to try on some cupcakes for the husbands birthday on Sunday!
Jessica T.
I was not a fan of the CoolWhip Frosting. I prefer the butter cream frosting normally, but this was something I was willing to give a try because of the fact of it being less rich. However, the flavor to me of the Chocolate was not appealing. In fact, I was highly disappointed in the after taste and the flavor all together. I felt like I had just eaten something that had a hint of chocolate flavor, but resulted in leaving me a terrible flavor in my mouth. Hopefully, with this product being from Cool Whip and Kraft they will adjust the flavor as time progresses and also meet the taste buds of all users. I'll stick to my frosting in the cans from the baking department for now.
Donna P.
Fort Collins, CO
I finally tried the chocolate Cool Whip Frosting and was pleasantly surprised. The flavor is mild and the texture is soft and whippy. Exactly like mixing regular frosting with a tub of regular Cool Whip - which has been a habit of mine for years. Regular frosting can be so sweet and thick sometimes - but when you fold in a tub of Cool Whip it gives you a less sweet frosting and gives you way more. I would recommend keeping a tub or two of this in your freezer for those times when you suddenly have a craving for cake or your third grader announces at bedtime that they need 24 cupcakes by eight in the morning - and you don't have any frosting or fixings in your pantry.
Donna K.
Brooklyn, NY
When I first saw this product I was thrilled..I am a cupcake Queen and having a quick frosting when theres no time to make one from scratch is a super plus. Not every onev likes butter cream frosting due to its richness & sweetness so coolwhips readu frosting is great . I found it creamy and not to sweet . I think this product us great for whoppie pies ..make whoppie pies as diredted on your recipe, add marshmallow fluff to one side, cool whips perfect frosting on other side, put together and you have a great whoopie pie treat..These treats wrapped in plastic wrap stood nicely in my fridge ..but they go fast in my house !
Cristyl H.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
I'm not a fan of regular buttercream style frosting; it's heavy and far too sweet. For my son's first birthday I opted to top his cake with the chocolate Cool Whip Frosting - it was a great decision!

Both children and adults commented on the rich and smooth flavor of the icing! It was delicious and light and looked beautiful! This is our new go-to for cakes and sweet treats!
Odyssey G.
Dallas, TX
In my opinion this is the best thing that happen to sweets since, well, sprinkles :). I have found so many uses for this frosting. Because its lighter texture I am able to mix this with soften creme cheese to create a whole new flavor sensation!
I did this with the orange cream flavor. I mixed the frosting, soften creme cheese, and regular cool whip. I pour it into a pie crust and sat in the refrigerator to completely cool through. You will have an orange dream cheese cake. (patent pending)
Rachel H.
Ann Arbor, MI
Cool whip just whooped up on every frosting out there. I cannot wait until they come out with more flavors.
This frosting gives you all the enjoyment without feeling like you've eaten a pound of sugar or sacrificed a tooth. Its smooth, creamy, and keeps GREAT in the freezer or fridge. Found in the freezer section, you'll just let it thaw for 4 hours for use. I leave ours in the fridge and frost as needed. Great w/a piping bag as well. Absolutely hands down our new go-to fave.
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
So whats ther verdict on this? Yay or Nay??
Antonia W.
Manchester, Tn
Which flavor is your favorite?
Shani Y.
Layton, UT
Do you prefer it over other brands such as Duncan Hines and Philsberry?
Elizabeth B.
Brooklyn, NY
How is the consistency of this frosting?
Stacey E.
Chesapeake, VA
Does it have to be put in the fridge?