BY CONTIGO #4 in Water Bottles

This auto-spout bottle by contigo is ideal for keeping your family hydrated during sport events, exercise and travel. The piece features a flip-top lid for easy access to your favorite beverage, and it has a spout shield to protect the spout when not in use.

• Where can I buy this at?4 Answers
  • Any issues with these leaking or breaking?2 Answers
  • Is it durable and does it leak at all? How many colors does it come...1 Answers
Contigo® Autospout Water Bottles
  • "I love that the auto spout does not have a straw and that my kids have to be super coordinated in order to spill or drink from my water bottle." in 2 reviews
Delaney W.
Delaney W.
Washington, DC
I've used lots of different waterbottles in the past--Nalgenes, Camelbaks, Brita. My purple Contigo is my favorite. The size is perfect, and the drinking spout is easy to use. The cap helps keep it sanitary, which is one of my biggest concerns about the otherwise-awesome Camelbak bite valve straw. But the best feature? The Autoseal lock. Oh the other side of the spout, under the handle, there's a big button you push to open the valve in the spout. I didn't know what it was at first. Perhaps a design feature. But then someone pointed out the little lock picture...and I realized that you can push the little knob over (it's hard to do and hurts my thumb, but it's secure) and lock the button so that ABSOLUTELY no water comes out. I've turned it all over, shaken it, everything. All that drips is whatever was remaining in the spout. As a result, I can throw this bottle in my purse or tote without worrying that it will leak all over everything. Most bottles can't offer that level of security.
Samantha M.
Samantha M.
Croydon, Pa
I have this water bottle in the coral 24ounce variety and I love it! At first I was concerned that the mechanics of the top nozzle would get gunky and need to be thrown out but this has not been the case! I mostly drink water from this since I personally hate cleaning straws but I'll often mix in some Advocare spark or Emergen-c and neither have caused the bottle to get messy or anything. My only word of caution is if you do choose to mix something like emergen-c or airborne that has a little carbonation, make sure to remove the full lid for a second to release the pressure otherwise your beverage may shoot out the spout right when you open it - I was a bit embarrassed by this today at work haha just a tip! You can often find coupons for this brand and I actually just got one in a box of Playtex sport surprisingly. Also want to mention that my variety has a moveable clip that would be super useful for use outdoors and clipping onto belts/backpacks.
Adria R.
Adria R.
We bought this hoping it would be as great as the one we bought from Costco. We bought this one from Target. Little did we know the Striker version is very different from the Gizmo version (from Costco) While the Striker is well made, leakproof, and durable- the straw pieces all detach. Its great for cleaning and it works really well; however, we found it to be second rate compared to Contigo's harder to find Gizmo Auto spout version in which the straw is permanently attached and always pointed to the bottom of the container when tipped. This version does a great job, but allows water to be left in the bottom because the straw doesn't stay in the direction of the water. I would buy this product again, but only if I wasn't able to find their Gizmo Auto spout. This product is dishwasher safe and completely toddler proof!
Taylor N.
Taylor N.
Mesa, AZ
I loved this water bottle until it got too hot to use anything that wasn't insulated. It fit in my cup holder, the little loop perfectly fits two of my fingers, and my key strap looped onto said loop so i could keep everything together at the gym.

Two things I didn't like: the mysterious reason why sometimes water overflows through the spout spilling onto everything, and the fact that sometimes the straw comes detached from the lid, rendering the mouthpiece useless and forcing you to either dump everything out to get the straw or stick your grubby fingers in to retrieve it. I fixed the second issue by sticking th straw in very firmly when assembling it after cleaning, but never did I figure out why it overflows for seemingly no reason.
Lele S.
Lele S.
Fort Rucker, AL
My husband bought me this water bottle once we had our son so I could keep track of my hydration. It has been my go to water bottle since. My favorite thing is the lock feature in back so when my little one gets ahold of it he won't spill water if he presses the button. Another pro is the auto seal so even if the top tab is open, unless the back button is pressed no water comes out. It also has a cool clip feature (which i use to clip to my purse when I'm out and about). The best thing about it, as opposed to other spout water bottles, the regulator pops open so you can get a good clean so mold does not build up! Over all I recommend this water bottle to any mother and non mothers out there!
Connie C.
Connie C.
San Bruno, CA
I've had my Contigo bottle for at least 3 years now, before people got really into the whole reusable water bottle thing and a bunch of copy cats popped up lol. The first week I used this I probably tripled my water intake just because drinking the water is so fun! I love straw type things. It's very easy to clean and surprisingly does not get dirty that easily, but watch out for sunscreen. That stuff stains plastic really badly and makes it look cloudy. I have used the same bottle all 3 years and it's still going strong despite dropping it quite a few times. Very sturdy and worth the investment if you want to save on plastic water bottles AND drink more water!
Nicky R.
Nicky R.
Richmond, VA
I have this bottle in green. I bought it at Target. It was great for a while, but I guess it doesn't stand up well to wear and tear. I throw mine into my gym bag and keep it in my purse and car everywhere I go, and after a few months, a piece of the spout broke off. It still works fine for drinking but it will leak if you don't keep it upright. I also find that the inside of the mouthpiece is difficult to clean out.

EDIT: The clear rubber mouthpiece has completely torn so that you can't create any suction-- it's like drinking out of a straw with a huge hole in it. Just get one with a twist off lid and avoid the issue.
Alyssa J.
Alyssa J.
Roselle Park, NJ
This is my favorite water bottle of all time. I love the handle on the top and I love the push button to unlock the spout. The spout has a straw inside the bottle which goes all the way to the bottom so you can drink the entire bottle of water without having that little bit left over on the bottom. It's super easy to clean and very durable. My bottle has taken some abuse. You can toss it, drop it, kick it... It won't leak! I can't throw it in my bag and I don't have to worry about it possibly opening and ruining my stuff. Highly recommend! I own several. They come in different colors and sizes too!
Emily S.
Emily S.
Portland, MI
This is my absolute favorite water bottle! I got my entire family hooked on them! I love that it's a simple push of a button to open the mouth piece to drink, and as soon as I release the button it seals shut. No cover to move, to straw to unfold and push back down; one motion. Done. I also love that it holds 32 ounces, so I know that after two full bottles I have hit a good water goal for the day - I aim for one full bottle by lunch time, and my second bottle before I leave work for the day. They are great for little ones, too, since they are plastic and don't spill!
Haley D.
Haley D.
This is a great water bottle for the most part. I drink a lot of water, so getting a pack of water at the store just doesn't work for me. This is great for convenience of being able to refill it as needed. However, like some others, I had issues with the straw staying in place, and I've had one bottle mess up after my roommate put the straw in the dishwasher. I also had an issue with the water shooting out. It's only happened twice and each time was after I had left it inside of the fridge after a rather extended amount of time so do be wary of that.
Danine M.
Danine M.
Lyndhurst, NJ
How long to these last? I feel like I constantly have to buy new bottle because they are hard to clean and don't last long. Before I invest in a more expensive bottle I want to make sure it will last. Thanks
Erica G.
Erica G.
Do you feel like this would break easily, being made of glass?
Kandice N.
Kandice N.
What is your favorite color this water bottle comes in?
Yelena C.
Yelena C.
Antwerp, Belgium
I really want to buy this, but I want to know, does this leak?
Brianna S.
Brianna S.
South Gate, CA
How can i wash these? my hand doesn't fit most of the time. Should i but a baby bottle cleaner thing or what?