BY CONAIR #53 in Curling Irons

This salon-quality curling iron has a variety of advanced features for superior results. Designed with Multi-Layer Technology, the barrel distributes heat evenly for beautiful curls that last. Smart Technology® keeps barrel heat stabilized to eliminate hot spots, Turbo Heat® delivers an extra 36 degrees F burst of heat for fast results, and 25 heat settings include the right one for any hair type.

• 1-inch barrel for medium bouncy curls
  • Multi-Layer Technology: Barrel combines the elements of chromium, nickel, copper and steel for beautiful, long-lasting results
  • Smart Technology® for stabilized heat during styling
  • Turbo Heat® feature increases barrel temperature by up to 36°F for faster styling
  • 25 heat settings for all types of hair
  • Instant 30-second heat-up
  • Patented Euro design, nonslip grip handle
  • Extra-long cool tip
  • Dual voltage for international travel
  • Safety counter rest
  • Auto-off

• So my hair is just below my collar bone and I'm wondering...3 Answers
Conair Instant Heat 1
Luso R.
Glendale, CA
One of the best hair curling irons iv ever used and im a cosmetologist so iv tried alot of curling irons. Ever somce iv used it its all i use to curl my hair. This my favorite, it weights light so its comfortable in ur hand, it has very high settings so u can do fine to corse hair which i love and it curls the hair fast without burning it.. i have very fine bleach blond hair n i like to use on high setting because it curls my hair faster and it makes my curl so nice that i dont even use hair spray to set the curls.. i like conair but this one is seriously as good as a high end curling iron if not better except its so affordable and can be found at any target, walgreens, cvs, rite aid etc... i
Lauren L.
I have owned my Conair curling iron for years and it has not let me down. Disclaimer: I’ve only owned “cheap” curling irons aka ones available at Target so I cannot compare it to ones at higher price points. I’m not sure what contributes to the longevity of the iron but whatever it is, it has yet to be replaced! The barrel itself heats up quickly and leaves with you with smooth voluminous curls. I personally like to use my iron as a curling wand leaving the clamp pressed up instead. This allows you to have looser waves without any kinks. The attached kick stand is also a plus when you’ve finished curling your hair and need it to cool without touching any surfaces. I have bought other curling irons over the years but still continue to reach for this one.
Maria R.
Pearland , TX
A little about my hair before getting into the review. I have long, thick naturally straight hair that does not hold curls well. It was an annoyance to gets my curls to last before stumbling upon this product.
My curls last all night long even until the next morning without hair spray. My fave look is curling your hair then brush it down lightly or rub your fingers through your curls for a beachy/casual hair look.

Pros:
Durable product-I have mine for 4 years!
VERY affordable- depends on the store but it ranges from $8-$15 (I purchased mine from Amazon w prime for $11)
Lasting curls
Minimal frizz
Different heat options
Warms up quickly
It has a base option so you can leave it to cool by itself.
Built in clip to hold your hair while you wait for it to curl
Many styles you can create with just 1 curling iron
Auto shut off
Long cord

Cons:
Frizz but very minimal
Lilly N.
I have had this curling iron for years! It’s my go to curling iron when I want to make my hair extra fabulous. It heats up fast and I love how you can pick how much heat you want. I have straight thick hair and this curler does the job. I don’t have to hold it curled long which is great cause no one wants to spend an hour plus curling hair.
Kylie S.
Plainfield, IN
I was about to give up on a curling iron until this... I saw the price and I was like "what the heck?"  I'm so glad I gave it a chance.  I love it!  It heats up so quickly, just like it says.

I've had it for about 2 months now and I use it at least 2-3 times a week.  I will definitely consider purchasing in other sizes!  I'm getting rid of my Hot Tools curling iron.
Jasmine L.
san jacinto, ca
I had this curling iron for about 10 years and it was my daily use iron! It was amazing I paid around $15 at Target, it was my most reached for hot tool . My curls were so nice for a regular day depending on how Long I left my hair in the clip , usually 5 seconds and onto the next. If I wanted the curls to last for a party with my heavy hair then I would hold for 15 seconds on each strand about 1 inch wide . I have tried many High end brands but nobody can beat this one right here . It’s very affordable, sleek, long lasting and has heat options. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find the same one , I dropped it so many times and finally it gave up on me and the finger resting clip broke off along with a piece from the wire: but I’m not complaining because it did it’s job for a long time and for the price I reallllly got my money’s worth
Mary Katherine P.
State Univ, AR
This is the only curling iron my family has used ever since I can remember... plus we have had the same one for at least over 5 years and it has held up great. I have no desire to buy a new one! It heats up fast, cools off fast, and is very easy to use. It curls great and makes the curls last! Again, super easy to use without burning yourself!
Jessica Y.
Greenville, SC
This curling iron isn’t for me. I don’t know how to make a curl look right when it comes to using a curling iron with the clip. I bought this iron because it was cheaper than others and I figured i would give it a shot. I ended up reselling it because I couldn’t get my curls to look right.
Tiffany A.
Hudsonville, MI
It's a curling iron, plain and simple. The Conair does the trick, but there are no bells and whistles...just a curling iron that curls your hair. I rarely use a curling iron since I have straight hair that doesn't hold much of a curl, this works perfectly for my needs for the price.
Nicole B.
New Paltz , NY
I call this curling iron old faithful because I’ve had this bad boy since high school (I’m 26), this heats up quickly and has multiple heat settings. You can create many different curl types with this curling iron. I personally don’t use the clamp and use it as a wand.
Rebecca F.
Tracy, CA
So my hair is just below my collar bone and I'm wondering if this is a good thickness for curls that I'll comb out with my fingers. I'm going for beachy curls. Any tips?

back