BY CONAIR

Conair Hair Bun Maker System see more...

• Does this work? is it a clip or a bun?1 Answers
  • Do you think it's worth the money? or are you better off ...5 Answers
  • Does this work for people with little hair?9 Answers
Elizabet G.
I've been wanting this Conair Bunmaker for a while. I love how easy the bun maker is to use. I use it on days when I don't want to wash my hair. I just make a pony tail, then put the pony tail through the bunmaker, brush hair over the entire bun then wrap the excess hair around the bun with the bobby pin that is provided. #mymakeupbag
Samantha A.
Burton, MI
Who doesn't love a good bun? These make bun making so easy, if you're in a rush it's the perfect way to make your hair look like you spent time on it. Great for high or low buns. Super quick and easy, can create the look anyway, in your car on the go.
Kelsey F.
Cincinnati, OH
I am wearing this as we speak. I love how it makes a classy sleek look. And it's super easy to do. It looks like it's hard but it really isn't. I have fine longer hair and it works great. The more layers you have the more your hair sticks out though. But you can use bobby pins for that
Yurani M.
Goleta, CA
I've seen these in grocery stores and drugstores, etc. I always wanted to get them, but they were a little pricey in some stores for a minor thing it would do. I wanted to get this when I would see one of my friends put her hair into one of these big buns and set it all the way on the top of her head. I would always wonder how she got such a huge and perfect bun knowing that her hair was actually thinner than how it appeared in the bun. So then I did some research and found out about these. Anyways, I did see these in the store, but the size was pretty small for my liking because I was looking for something that would make me have a way huger bun. Other than my issue with the size, I had also seen on Youtube the alternatives to these bun makers which were waaaay more affordable and just as good, if not better. Did you guys know you can use a sock! And the results are sooo amazing. You can use pretty much any type of sock and any size to customize the size of your bun. Look up videos yourself on how to make your own bun maker and you will find it to be much easier and less costly than if you went out to buy this.
Lauren U.
Grove City, PA
This bun maker is my go to item for days when I have no time to do my hair. It is very affordable. My hair is long and thick so this works easily for me however if you have thin hair you may struggle in covering up the bun holder.
PrincessYouOughta (.
I love this product!! I have long very thin hair that is almost impossible to put in a bun that doesn't look ridiculous. This bun maker is perfect for me. I can fake a nice big messy bun. Loveeee.
Ellen F.
I liked this a lot. Did what it was supposed to do. Though, I found if you follow the "instructions" and have shorter hair it doesn't really work. It worked best for me to wrap the ends of my hair around it, roll it down to the base, and smoothing/pulling the hair to cover the bun maker. I don't HAVE to pin it in place it actually stays in place pretty well on it's own when I roll it down. I do use the wide pins provided to pin down loose chunks of hair if I have any from my layers.
The price was also very good around $5 at Walgreens (plus it was buy one get one free recently), I've seen cheaper ones but this one was the one that fit my price and size needs. Plus, it seemed much better quality than the cheaper ones.
The size is about 3-4 inches in diameter and the only shade I saw was dark brown.
TLDR: I like it, it'll work even with short, chin length hair. I would say give it a shot if you're curious about it.
Caitlin T.
Ypsilanti, MI
I bought this product a few weeks ago and have used it many times since then. The first time I used it, it was difficult for me to figure out how to get it to work. My hair just wouldn't stay up. I had to use some of my own techniques. This is what I do while using the bun maker:
1: Gather all my hair into a pony tail.
2: Slide bun maker over pony tail.
3: Pull my hair around it and hold in place with one hand, then putting another hair tie around it to hold it in place.
4: Use bobby pins to secure my hair around the bun (it didn't come with enough so I had to use my own).
5: Hair spray and go!

Like everything else in life, it takes practice. The price wasn't that bad. It isn't that complicated to use either, which I love.
Elizabeth A.
W Hempstead, NY
My 7 year old daughter does ballet and her hair is up to her waist. Being that she dances no matter how I would make her buns it would get loose. I got these because of her show that was coming up and before hand I used them to test it out. I liked that two sizes were included and since her hair is so long I used the larger one. Her bun stayed put even with all the movement. I am happy with this so much.
Alyssa O.
Staten Island, NY
I have shorter hair so when I had longer hair it was a bit tough to do. I think it's great for girls with shoulder length hair because your normal bun might look really tiny, haha. This gives me a full polished bun and always comes out good. I use two to three pins and a bit of hairspray and that's it. I get compliments all the time and men are fascinated when I tell them it's not my hair haha.
Kathy V.
Does this work for people with little hair?
Jenny Flo S.
Do you think it's worth the money? or are you better off without it?
Amy C.
Does this work? is it a clip or a bun?