Community uploaded by Stephanie C.

BY COMMUNITY

• Who thinks Community just isn't as good without Donald Gl...6 Answers
  • I hear wonderful things about Community! Is it worth inve...1 Answers
  • what is up with this theme song?1 Answers
Community
  • "Not necessarily safe to watch for kids under 13 or so since there is often some sexual humor, it is a really great show. " in 15 reviews
  • "It's gotten stranger and stranger, and even Joel McHale in his underpants can't save it (and let me tell you, Joel McHale in his underpants can do A LOT). " in 10 reviews
  • "I admit it, I was one of "those people"; I started watching Community because I'm a Childish Gambino fan (and also a huge fan of The Soup)." in 9 reviews
  • "Every episode has it's individual theme (paintball wars, 8-bit video games, secret trampolines, pillow forts, etc) The characters are all quirky and loveable too, from Jeff the ringleader, to the zany Pierce, then you have Abed who speaks in quotes from his favorite movies (and his fave sitcom Cougar Town), Annie the overachiever, Troy the stupid jock, Sherry the religious mom, and of course Britta the sarcastic pessimistic one." in 6 reviews
  • "It has its funny moments, but ever since Chevy Chase and Childish Gambino left I haven't thought the show packed as much punch." in 6 reviews
Andrea S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This show is by far one of my favorite comedies. It's always coming out of left-field with something absolutely ridiculous that will leave you clutching your sides in pain with laughter. The characters are just that - total characters - and the plots are unique to say the least.

Some of the best episodes are at the end of the seasons (Paintball, Pillow Town), so hang in there if it seems odd at first. It'll grow on you before you know it!

The folks at Fox have done their usual thing and tried cancelling the show more than once, but the fans keep bringing it back.
Vanessa A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Simply one of my favorite sitcoms, ever. Its got a very distinct tone, and it isn't perfect ALL the way through (see season 4, the season that show creator Dan Harmon was gone for), but it boasts some of the best and funniest episodes of TV in the last decade. Remedial Chaos Theory comes to mind. I can see why this particular strain of humor might not be a commercial crowd pleaser, particularly those who don't care for pop culture or meta humor, but the fans who do like Community, LOVE Community. And that's a mark of a great TV show.
Abi H.
Wyoming, MI
Community is everything I've ever wanted in a TV show. Pop culture references out the wazoo and actors that have me in stitches with every. single. episode. I've watched every season countless times and it never gets old. I can't imagine anyone not finding something to like about this show. Every episode is wholly unique and I don't think I'll ever stop loving it!
Sara R.
Clovis, CA
The ensemble cast alone is enough to make me fan girl, but this show is hilarious! It's easily relatable, with amazing pop culture references and great guest stars. The pilot episode is a little rough and I did hit a lull in the second season, but I easily fell back in love. It's so hard not to love this show. If nothing, watch their Christmas specials. Hands down the best. Only negative is they get no support from NBC or Chevy chase, but thankfully, he's leaving. Six seasons and a movie!!
Kate H.
Summerville, SC
I love Community. Aside from being hilarious, there is so much depth to this show. I can rewatch an episode and discover all sorts of new things. If you watch the people in the background there are always hidden jokes to discover. I can't wait for it to come back on and I wish more people followed and loved it like I do!
Marisa T.
Medford, OR
Community is the show for people in the know. As in, those who can quote Tarantino films and understand the difference between a dalek and an ewok. It's for people who like quirky, cute shows with heart but prefer their tearjerker moments to be interrupted when the asian guy from the Hangover runs in and knife fights a monkey.

The show has had a lot of pushbacks lately, but it's fans are dedicated like those early lovers of Apple. It's okay to compare this to Arrested Development.
Somi J.
So i haven't seen every TV show in the TV universe, but for the many i have seen, community's gotta be at least in the top three for humor.
jokes are quirky and smart. you might not get all of them, because they often reference pop cultures. however, the jokes are usually pretty universal. and if you do get the references, NERDGASM.
as funny as it is, it's still got heart, which a lot of comedies have trouble finding.
characters are so freaking lovable. and they've got depth, too.
yeah, the show's ridiculous. crazy things happen. paintballs make more than a few cameos. what's cool is that the show stays self-aware. it knows it's crazy.
Carina B.
I admit it, I was one of "those people"; I started watching Community because I'm a Childish Gambino fan (and also a huge fan of The Soup). But Community is more than Donald Glover being adorable, or Joel McHale being an arrogant caricature of himself. Community overall is hilarious, and it has heart. Every character is relatable, or has qualities that remind us of our friends from college. Catch it this fall on NBC. You won't regret it. (Also, the episodes are on Hulu.)
Sara A.
Community is HILARIOUS. It takes a few episodes to get into it, but once you tap into the quirky humor, it's hard to quit. Each character is so unique, and their group dynamic is unmatched. I watched Seasons 1-3 rapid fire, because I loved it so much. After Dan Harmon left, Season 4 was pretty much a disaster, and not indicative of the high-quality humor I've come to expect from the show. Harmon will be back for Season 5, so I'm really excited about this show again!
Maria M.
Irving, TX
This show is unbelievably awesome. The characters are all very unique and they each add their own special flavor to the show. Jeff is convincing, Shirley is quirky, Annie is a go-getter, Abed and Troy are fun, Pierce is just that crazy old guy, and Chang is just nuts! The cast is great. The show is charming, and just overall has some very realistic qualities to it. Its a must see show for everyone. Anyone else excited for Feb. 9th? 'Cuz I certainly am!
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite character?
Andrea S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Jeff and Annie or Jeff and Britta?
Maya W.
Plano, TX
Do you think the show is still going to be the same now that Dan Harmon is gone?
Jazleen R.
Cicero, IL
I'd like to see more of Abed's relationship with the girl from the coatroom as well as Annie and Jeff together...what are some of your "ships"?
Julie P.
Shawnee, OK
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Which episode is your favorite so far?