Community uploaded by Stephanie C.

BY COMMUNITY

• Who thinks Community just isn't as good without Donald Glover?6 Answers
  • I hear wonderful things about Community! Is it worth investing th...1 Answers
  • what is up with this theme song?1 Answers
Community
  • "Not necessarily safe to watch for kids under 13 or so since there is often some sexual humor, it is a really great show. " in 15 reviews
  • "It's gotten stranger and stranger, and even Joel McHale in his underpants can't save it (and let me tell you, Joel McHale in his underpants can do A LOT). " in 10 reviews
  • "I admit it, I was one of "those people"; I started watching Community because I'm a Childish Gambino fan (and also a huge fan of The Soup)." in 9 reviews
  • "It trusts its audience to understand the quick pop culture references, and if not, have the dignity to enjoy it anyways." in 6 reviews
  • "It has its funny moments, but ever since Chevy Chase and Childish Gambino left I haven't thought the show packed as much punch." in 6 reviews
Himali B.
Denver, CO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I don't really like this show. It's was great in the initial season when it was full of humour, quirkiness & pop culture references & good chemistry among the characters. But later on it just became too flat no good punches, no storyline, forced humour, cringeworthy jokes & boring characters who doesn't seem to be coming together in any way.
Catalina D.
Athens, GA
HANDS DOWN FAVORITE SHOW EVER!!! (Still waiting on #andamovie). It’s just so unique compared to other TV sitcoms... each character is so developed and brings their own different form of humor... Jeff with his sarcasm, Troy with his goofiness, Britta with her political jabs... I’ve seen all these episodes so many times and I still get a good laugh out of them! It is not anymore on NBC (or Yahoo!), but you can stream it on Hulu!
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I really liked this show because it was always interesting. Its funny "quirkiness" and randomness kept me wanting to watch more. Hilarious pop culture references, great story lines. Love the adult humor so I'd recommend turning away the young-ins before watching! What totally ruined the show was the ending seasons. It became too bland. Then eventually, they tried too hard to make the show work. Forced, unfunny jokes. The cast chemistry also didn't work anymore. So the show is great in the beginning half, but you might as well pretend the rest doesn't exist.
Lindsey L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of my favorite shows - you can watch it over and over because the seasons are so different yet hilarious. Joel Mchale (spelling?) is amazing in this but so is every single other person with so many great parodies of other tv shows and tons of guest appearances all over the places! Quirky, odd, a bit nerdy, so hilarious and great
April H.
San Antonio, TX
Community is freaking hilarious. Its about a group of people that attending Greendale Community College. The main charters are: Jeff Winger, Pierce, Britta, Shirley, Abed, Annie, Troy. Abed is my favorite charter, he's a pop culture junkie. Troy is Abed best friend. Annie a high-strung perfectionist that used to be a pill junkie. Shirley a divorced single mom. Pierce is businessman, an jerk and someone seeking life meaning. Jeff was lawyer till his degree had been revoked now is back in college trying to get it back. The show is basically a love hate relationship between the classmates.
Tabatha H.
Port Huron, MI
I love this show for many reasons: 1. The humor, 2. The characters, 3. The Troy & Abed Show & 4. The well written episodes. I started watching Community because of Joel McHale who plays Jeff Winger. I have always found him handsome & funny. The show makes me laugh & I love the diverse study group. Almost anyone can start watching this show & feel connected to 1 of the actors/actresses. Far fetched and over the top? Yes but that's what makes this sitcom so appealing. There is too much "reality" television on these days and this show is a breath of fresh air & laughter!
Whitney H.
Pompano Beach, FL
Community is one of the best shows on TV right now. It's a whole new brand of comedy about underdogs for the underdog in everyone. The characters on this show are bizarre, twisted and still completly relatable.(After all, we all didn't go on an adderall fueled freakout our senior year, or lie completely about a law degree, or get tear gassed at a world-trade rally) but after watching a few episodes of this show, we all feel like we belong at Greendale.
Jazleen R.
Cicero, IL
I was kind of surprised by how much I loved this show. I watched about four episodes (at least) a day I was so obsessed. I'm a sucker for the little romances in the show, and I love the characters' personalities. It's such a versatile show; there are crazy plot lines that work with how crazy the characters are. I absolutely love all the characters (except for Pierce and Shirley, they're okay), but it's nice to see (even if it is a little out there) a group of people who are almost like a family. Plus it's hilarious!

Also, I'm a huge Doctor Who fan and there are Doctor Who references in the show =)
Andrea S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This show is by far one of my favorite comedies. It's always coming out of left-field with something absolutely ridiculous that will leave you clutching your sides in pain with laughter. The characters are just that - total characters - and the plots are unique to say the least.

Some of the best episodes are at the end of the seasons (Paintball, Pillow Town), so hang in there if it seems odd at first. It'll grow on you before you know it!

The folks at Fox have done their usual thing and tried cancelling the show more than once, but the fans keep bringing it back.
Vanessa A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Simply one of my favorite sitcoms, ever. Its got a very distinct tone, and it isn't perfect ALL the way through (see season 4, the season that show creator Dan Harmon was gone for), but it boasts some of the best and funniest episodes of TV in the last decade. Remedial Chaos Theory comes to mind. I can see why this particular strain of humor might not be a commercial crowd pleaser, particularly those who don't care for pop culture or meta humor, but the fans who do like Community, LOVE Community. And that's a mark of a great TV show.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who's your favorite character?
Andrea S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Jeff and Annie or Jeff and Britta?
Maya W.
Plano, TX
Do you think the show is still going to be the same now that Dan Harmon is gone?
Jazleen R.
Cicero, IL
I'd like to see more of Abed's relationship with the girl from the coatroom as well as Annie and Jeff together...what are some of your "ships"?
Julie P.
Shawnee, OK
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Which episode is your favorite so far?