BY COMMODITY

Inspired by the great novels of Hemingway and Fitzgerald, Book is an exciting mixture of spicy cucumber and torchwood with many unexpected twists and pleasantries. Book is a fresh and woodsy scent that is loved by both men and women. Book is part of Commodity's Black Collection, which includes scents that are complex, intense, and moody. The White Collection is more light, airy, and easy. Each fragrance is designed to be layered together with any other to create bespoke scents tailored to each individual taste. Notes: Cucumber, Eucalyptus, Bergamot, Lavender, Amyris, Amber, Sandalwood, Haitian Vetiver, Balsa, Guaiac. Style: Cultured. Avant-garde. Imaginative. see more...

Buy on Sephora
Mercedez J.
Washington, DC
I love books so I was automatically drawn to the thought of a book smelling fragrance. When I initially tried it on in the store I really didn't care for it, but as the scent wore for a bit it grew on me. Now I love it. As soon as I go through my sample I will be purchasing the large bottle.
Kalie T.
Youngsville, LA
This is my favorite commodity fragrance. It's so different. It's woodsy, but sexy and sensual. It reminds me of sipping a bourbon in a fancy private library with sultry reading glasses.
Jennifer W.
Smells pretty much exactly like Santal 33, which is ridiculously expensive. I'm quite surprised with all of the scents this brand produces, the scents are very crisp and high-end.
Jess J.
Scottsdale, AZ
An excellent fragrance, great for everyday wear around the office. It isn't fruity or musky, although it wears off over time - the smell doesn't morph into something gross left behind. At the end of the day the faint fragrance is still there. I've been buying this for 2 years now - I found it through the tester kit which is great if you are just starting with this brand.
Erica B.
Louisville, KY
Have you ever sprayed a fragrance on yourself and instantaneously regretted all of your life choices to that point? That’s exactly how I felt when I sprayed this in my wrist instead of in the air to smell it first. This is what happens when you buy fragrance online without smelling it first. I felt like it smelled like a nursing home room full of old woman.
Ashley S.
Book, in the travel sized 10mL bottle, is the first scent I ever bought from Commodity. I actually took the risk and purchased it sight un-smelled from Sephora.com. While it was a risk, seeing as fragrance is so personal, I am glad it is a risk I took. Book is currently one of my top 5 favorite fragrances that I own. Which is amazing coming from a scent collector. I absolutely adore it. It's fresh and bright, while also being warm and woody. It's everything I love rolled into one. Commodity is big on mixing their scents to create something new, which I absolutely love, but I still find myself wearing book on it's own more often than not. This will be a scent I will buy in their 100mL fragrance once this travel size runs low. If you like warm yet bright scents, this is one I recommend you look into. The price point, at $24, is a great price to get yourself introduced to the scent and the brand. The size also makes it easy to travel with or to have in your purse/bag for scent refreshing. The fact that it's a travel size with a spray nozzle, as opposed to a roller ball, makes it even better.
Christine P.
Lancaster
If you like the more masculine, woody notes in a perfume, then this is perfect. I LOVE the smell. Not too overpowering but stays. Definitely a perfume I will continue to purchase.
Lani G.
Gardena, CA
Book is the first & only scent I've tried from Commodity. I'm glad I took a chance on it. It's androgynous that both men & women can enjoy it. The scent is woodsy but has hints of cucumber & lavender that I really enjoy. I'm interested to try different Commodity scents - maybe I'll make a cocktail.
Heather C.
Washington, DC
Why did they mix cucumber and wood together and think it would smell nice??? Reminds me of a horse barn/stable that's the best I can describe it. Do not buy.
Maggie H.
I love this scent! It is the first perfume I've purchased from Commodity and I can't get enough of it. I love that both men and women can wear this fragrance. I sadly have very sensitive skin and this doesn't break me out like tons of products. I cannot wait to try other products from this line.
Will A.
Does it smells that nice?